Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #631
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I can understand why Jimmie is disappointed.
Caro was in a great situation, and gave it away while healthy.
If she thought she could just hit forehands hard into the corners, and they were all going to go in, she made a strange decision.
But Caro is still young and if she cant save her career, then she was probably never mentally tough enough to win a major anyway
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #632
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win over Barthel, Caroline !

Mona was weak. Too many UEs. The match vs Aga will tell us more

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #633
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
huh, I thought this is forum for Caro fans! He has nothing to do here, he can keep trolling on GM!
I have heard that remark somewhere before. And it still doesn't work for me.

Even though I am not always super tolerant in GM when I post there, I like to think I am here.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #634
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
random question (glad to see Woz doing well this tourney btw) but when did Jimmie start disliking Woz?
I don't think he dislikes her. He dislikes Rory, the coaching situation, the fact that she's in his opinion no longer a 'girl next door' type but someone who likes the celebrity lifestyle and of course his relationship with several posters on this forum is rather tense. He's sorta neutral about Caroline these days I think, although he probably still roots for her when she's up against someone he doesn't care about. He's no longer a fan, but there are still some feelings of sympathy for her. That's what I think anyway.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #635
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Some comments here about Caro arguing with the umpire. I kind of like her that she's like that. Shows she won't just take something she thinks is very wrong without getting some sort of clarification and closure. Of course the trick is that after putting your point of view that you can put it out your mind and continue and not let it affect your game. Some players are ice cool, show no emotion, some players like Caro won't just take it without questioning a decision they think is wrong. And I think you stay with the type of person you are. I don't think bottling it up and not saying anything is right for Caro.

This does not mean I have any sympathy with the antics of McEnroe, Connors and Serena's two incidents at the USO. And I certainly would not like Caro to ever stoop to anything on that scale.

Piotr on the other hand was very lucky they didn't force him to leave after they asked him to and he didn't budge. I've never known him do that before in a match. But that was him and completely separate to Caro herself.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #636
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro plays Aga. When they played last fall, Caro missed an overhead on a short lob that weekend hackers could handle.
So finally Caro plays a top 10 player in her 4th tournament of the year.
This is what she will face the rest of her career, probably. If she wants to win a big title. Aga then Vika
Even Serena has had bad misses on shots.

Caro was down a set and 4-2 in that match. Caro won only half her service games in that match and only 55% of her service games in first two sets of their match before that (Caro's wrist injury didn't seem to be an injury in the 1st two sets).

Caro did poorly against top 10 players last year winning only 22% (2-7). Caro going further in big tournaments is gonna depend a lot upon on improving on that record.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 15th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #637
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Nice win over Barthel, Caroline !

Mona was weak. Too many UEs. The match vs Aga will tell us more
I think Caro matches up better with big hitting, aggressive type of players than good defenders.

I'm curious to see who will be the more aggressive player between Caro and Aga. Prior to the 2011 YEC match, Caro was typically the one that was more aggressive in their matches. From that YEC match on, Aga has been the more aggressive player in their matches. I wonder to what extent this change in dynamic has made the matchup more favorable for Aga.

I'd like to see Caro take advantage of Aga's 2nd serve. Aga's 1st serve has definitely improved but her 2nd serve is still mediocre.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #638
country flag Protoss

Caro really needs to put away the ball against Aga when she gets the chance to. Putting the ball away is perhaps Caro's biggest problem against good defenders, it's typically less important against the aggressive, big hitting types.

I think the extra oomph from Caro's old Babolat racquet or the greater string tension on her Yonex during at least part of the grass season would be helpful in that regard.

For what it's worth, I don't think that discussions about current or former posters in this forum should probably be taking place in this thread.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #639
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Contrary to DIAH's claims,I've never forbidden any critical fan from posting here.As long as posters aren't abusive towards Caroline,their opinions are welcome,as far as I'm concerned.

From another perspective,I can freely admit that Caro may not have found the wisest balance between personal and tennis life at times,but she's QUITE far from the worst,most unbalanced measure on that scale.There are several players on tour who've made it crystal clear,by their ACTIONS,that tennis is no more than a brief,money-making interruption from their frequent "sexcapades".There's one MEGA-phony slut who stands out from the crowd,and the WTA is desperately waiting for Godot(i.e.,her eternally-delayed "comeback")so that they can justify how they shamefully OVER-promoted as the future Queen of Tennis while she was unworthier of royalty than John Goodman's character in 'King Ralph'.

Even at her laziest lows,Caroline still trains MUCh harder than so many of the plastic cover girls who default matches or w/d from tourneys b/c of medical emergencies such as clogged skin pores.Further,I haven't even seen haters accuse Caroline of loafing,half-assing her way through matches.Those two criteria alone separate Caroline from so many in the rest of the pack,and her commitment makes her more likable as a person...and not just as a player

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #640
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's main advantage over Aga is that she has a bit more power but that advantage will be negated if it's very windy during their match. Then Caro won't dare to hit through the ball much but will just play it safe and then I think Aga's gonna win. The scheduling for today gives me hope, though. From what I've been hearing, the wind blows less later in the day so being last match is good. And from what Caro said, the wind is more bothersome on Court 1 so it should be an advantage to be back on CC (and there's Hawk Eye).
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #641
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro really needs to put away the ball against Aga when she gets the chance to. Putting the ball away is perhaps Caro's biggest problem against good defenders, it's typically less important against the aggressive, big hitting types.

I think the extra oomph from Caro's old Babolat racquet or the greater string tension on her Yonex during at least part of the grass season would be helpful in that regard.

For what it's worth, I don't think that discussions about current or former posters in this forum should probably be taking place in this thread.
I think that in their last match Caro realised why the aggresive play is not an option when playing someone as good in defense as Aga. Having said that, she cannot just rely on defence neither, she needs to find a good balance.

I totally agree with the statement in bold and have to say that I'm happy that some posters are yesterday's news in this forum.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #642
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Some comments here about Caro arguing with the umpire. I kind of like her that she's like that.

This does not mean I have any sympathy with the antics of McEnroe, Connors and Serena's two incidents at the USO. And I certainly would not like Caro to ever stoop to anything on that scale.

Piotr on the other hand was very lucky they didn't force him to leave after they asked him to and he didn't budge. I've never known him do that before in a match. But that was him and completely separate to Caro herself.
Agree. For Caro, it helps her to get it out of her system. And she is entitled to express her opinion. I prefer to see her fired up. It shows she cares. Dare I say, it was partly lacking in most of 2012.

Piotr, agree again. It is tennis and he could have been asked to leave. That said, it's blown a bit out of proportions, as these things tend to be. He didn't throw any chairs or punch anyone. It was an exchange of words in the heat of the action. Big deal.

Many a handball coach and football manager has been expelled from the side line. I imagine it also happens in basketball.

While on the subject. People who are feeling all intimidated by Piotr, when he's on court should check out a couple of time-outs in handball, basketball ... They'll find, that Piotr is actually quite mellow in this comparison

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Feb 15th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #643
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well,let's face it. The only reason for such a fuss to be made is that Caro & Piotr are involved. If someone else would have done it the most of TF would not even notice. I mean, just taking Caro-Kuznetsova match at AO as example, nobody really cared about what Kuzzie did but if Caro was the one to take a medical timeout you'd hear the same comments as now.

Piotr did go over the top a bit but as Tennisfan says people should have a look at how other sports' coaches are reacting sometimes. Mr Woz just needs to let it be and leave it up to Caro to argue her case. If she feels like arguing, well, that's her right. A lot is at stake so she can express her opinion just like anyone else.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #644
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Agree. For Caro, it helps her to get it out of her system. And she is entitled to express her opinion. I prefer to see her fired up. It shows she cares. Dare I say, it was partly lacking in most of 2012.

Piotr, agree again. It is tennis and he could have been asked to leave. That said, it's blown a bit out of proportions, as these things tend to be. He didn't thrown any chairs or punch anyone. It was an exchange of words in the heat of the action. Big deal.

Many a handball coach and football manager has been expelled from the side line. I imagine it also happens in basketball.

While on the subject. People who are feeling all intimidated by Piotr, when he's on court should check out a couple of time-outs in handball, basketball ... They'll find, that Piotr is actually quite mellow in this comparison
She had her moments in 2012. Her tantrum at the French Open last year is a modern classic.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #645
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She had her moments in 2012. Her tantrum at the French Open last year is a modern classic.
I'm 100% behind her on that. That really was atrocious by the chair umpire and there really needs to be a reassessment of his competence. Furthermore - while he inspected the ballmark - he was actually smudging it whilst he did so altering the mark it made which is just unacceptable. That was not like the normal getting a line call wrong. There was a mark that was clearly out. If I was Caro - I would want a reassessment of his competence after that. Calling the supervisor was never going to change anything. Quite rightly, they will never get sucked into overturning a decision and she wasn't even going to get in to looking at the ball mark. But it does raise questions about that chair umpire.

Anyway you look at it on video - whilst the point was played, the ballmark, the TV replay and they even showed hawkeye - it was well out. She ought to have borrowed a camera to take a picture of the mark before that chair umpire smudged it some more.

But anyway - all she was trying to do was get the chair umpire to see the ball was out from the ballmark and didn't swear, call him ugly inside or anything remotely on the scale of McEnroe, Connors or Serena. She persisted and called the supervisor but she didn't carry on after resumption. She did ask him if he went to school - about as mild as you can get - and that's not an insult remotely comparable to those other players.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread