Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1966
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

I couldn't see the match today but from reading the comments here it seems that she was not able to adopt to the windy conditions and the opponent. Hopefully Mona draws the right conclusions out of this and decides to travel with Szygowski as her fulltime coach.

According to her website she cancelled Dubai because of her knee injury.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #1967
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

It's good, this way she can work with her coach. I'm sure she saw many things to improve today.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #1968
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post

According to her website she cancelled Dubai because of her knee injury.
Where did you find that ? I couldn`t find it one her homepage
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1969
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Where did you find that ? I couldn`t find it one her homepage
I have found it on Mona's website:

http://mona-barthel.de/en/berichte2013en.html

Quote:
14.2.: It was not my day. We had difficult conditions due to the wind. Caroline handled it better than me. Unfortunately I had to cancel the Dubai tournament due to my knee injury.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1970

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
14.2.: It was not my day. We had difficult conditions due to the wind. Caroline handled it better than me. Unfortunately I had to cancel the Dubai tournament due to my knee injury.
Sorry Tecumseh. I just found it`s on her English site
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1971
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

That was bad. Sha had many problems with the wind. But a good player must handle this. And the wind is not the reason for many unconcentrated returns. That was disappointed.
Bodensee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1972
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Sorry Tecumseh. I just found it`s on her English site
Maybe she wrote her message in english first.

It's not a good idea of Mona to play with a knee injury because this can at worst ruin her season. Hopefully she fully recovers in the upcoming weeks.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #1973
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not that upset about this loss tbh. That was pretty good week for me after all. Mona did well given her injury. Hope you guys go and support her in Stuttgart when she plays there.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #1974
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
I'm not that upset about this loss tbh. That was pretty good week for me after all. Mona did well given her injury. Hope you guys go and support her in Stuttgart when she plays there.
Don't worry, i will always support her. Somehow i knew that it was going to be difficult today. It's not easy to play a number 10 ranked pusher under these conditions. Maybe her coach could have helped her to adapt her game and hopefully she realizes that she needs him permanently on the tour.

But anyway as a Mona fan i accept that those offdays happen from time to time and look forward to her wonderful ondays of which we already had some this year.

By the way, do you know anything about her knee injury?
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1975

The position of the plaster was in the area of the patellar tendon. Could be an irritation.
If it had been more serious she couldn`t have played but of course you have to be careful with any kind of knee injuries.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #1976
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
The position of the plaster was in the area of the patellar tendon. Could be an irritation.
If it had been more serious she couldn`t have played but of course you have to be careful with any kind of knee injuries.
Thanks for the info! That makes sense and hopefully she has learned from her protracted foot injury last year and takes enough time now to recover.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Thanks for the info! That makes sense and hopefully she has learned from her protracted foot injury last year and takes enough time now to recover.
Btw, when I saw this plaster in her match against Putintseva it came into my mind that Steffi, her big idol from earlier also had (some big) troubles with this part of the knee.
Nope, just joking.

Mona has played and practiced a lot in the last time.
A little break would have suited very well anyway instead of rushing to Dubai and playing the qualis there.
So she`s got some well deserved time to settle down, recover and prepare for Indian Wells now.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1978
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Btw, when I saw this plaster in her match against Putintseva it came into my mind that Steffi, her big idol from earlier also had (some big) troubles with this part of the knee.
Nope, just joking.

Mona has played and practiced a lot in the last time.
A little break would have suited very well anyway instead of rushing to Dubai and playing the qualis there.
So she`s got some well deserved time to settle down, recover and prepare for Indian Wells now.
I remember that Steffi's knee never really healed up. That's why she wasn't really able to compete in the later stage of her career before she won Roland Garros for the last time. So hopefully Mona looks carefully to what had happened to her idol.

But with three TOP-10 wins and a nice title in her bag it should be possible for her to relax now and to rest for some days.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1979
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

sportschau.de - Mona Barthel - die etwas andere Tennis-Spielerin
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1980
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good week for Mona
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote