SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #451
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. R3 awaits

just realised, masha beats sam its 12-2....loses to rena 2-11
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #452
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

9 Double Faults?
Yikes, that is just not good at all.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #453
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
no you dont get what i meant, rena uses that 'nothing to lose' all the time, and aga said it with a smirk

How was I supposed to know that?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #454
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
How was I supposed to know that?
well the whole quote in relation to serena should've made you realise tbh
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #455
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Mexicola, always so positive Were those 3 that you mentioned forced to change their service motion a couple of times? Did they have problems with the shoulder that Maria had? Let's not go there, please.
Are we really still talking about 2009? Her shoulder has been 100% for years now and she's had plenty of time to adjust to the serving motion she's currently using. There's really no reason to have these serving meltdowns anymore. Unless, we all have to accept she has the yips and her serving will always be a huge psychological burden she has to deal with until she retires. Like Dementieva.

And if that's the case, she's going to struggle to win any tournament of any kind because, at this high a level of competition and the way her game is constructed, she just can't have a serve that's more of a liability than it is a weapon. She won those clay titles last year because her serve was a tremendous weapon once again for a brief, glorious time. But her serve hasn't been the same since then and it's no surprise she has 0 titles since the French.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #456
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
well the whole quote in relation to serena should've made you realise tbh

Because "nothing to lose" is a phrase exclusive to Rena?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #457
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Are we really still talking about 2009? Her shoulder has been 100% for years now and she's had plenty of time to adjust to the serving motion she's currently using. There's really no reason to have these serving meltdowns anymore. Unless, we all have to accept she has the yips and her serving will always be a huge psychological burden she has to deal with until she retires. Like Dementieva.

And if that's the case, she's going to struggle to win any tournament of any kind because, at this high a level of competition and the way her game is constructed, she just can't have a serve that's more of a liability than it is a weapon. She won those clay titles last year because her serve was a tremendous weapon once again for a brief, glorious time. But her serve hasn't been the same since then and it's no surprise she has 0 titles since the French.
Actually, she made some slight alternations for this season. And we can't know how her shoulder feels. She can't apparently hit good consecutive kick serves, which usually means that a player can't feel the ball properly, and if that's the case, there's nothing she can do about that. I do believe that part of it is psychological, but the injury and the surgery took a big toll on that serve. Look at Rafa. Even if his knees were to be at a 100% (which they aren't and probably never will be again), he will always have it in the back of his mind, should I run to that ball, what if I _____ again? I think that's the case with Maria as well, understandably. That's probably why she hits a proper smash so rarely and why she always stubbornly goes for the same serves, even though they are so predictable.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #458
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. QF v Stosur

Don't see why everyone's stressing out so much tbh. You're telling me Crapova beat an opponent who brings out the worst of her 3 and 3, and on a windy day? Good result.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #459
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Because "nothing to lose" is a phrase exclusive to Rena?
no but its most famous because of her.
jeez once again you've jumped on my comment MM. your so hyper-sensitive
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #460
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Take it easy Mexicola, focus on cheering her
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #461
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Don't see why everyone's stressing out so much tbh. You're telling me Crapova beat an opponent who brings out the worst of her 3 and 3, and on a windy day? Good result.
^ this
to "win ugly" is one of the best things to do, watch what Vika did at AO: played like crap all the tournament but managed to get through everything, through dfs (9 ) etc.
of course we'd always like to see her play hitting line after line and ace after ace, but what matters in the end is the result, there will be better days
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #462
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I don't think she played THAT bad yes she made a few more mistakes than we'd liked but that's understandable she always does when it's windy. I'm thinking that blip from 3-1 was because at first she lost focus started making a few more mistakes and than panicked a bit which isn't helpful usually, but she managed to pull it together in the end. this things happen :shrugs: What bothered me more was those drive volleys they were just She often says it's one of her favorite shots...So then WTH Maria??? But on the other hand I think she's trying to move to the net more often lately than last year so I guess that if she continues to do so there's bound to be an improvement
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #463
Forever Sharapova.

Rena is gonna get a double bagel today, I can feel it, to go along with Vika's
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #464
Forever Sharapova.

Ula just broke Rena
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #465
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^ You jinxed her
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote