...HardCourt II - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1336
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
Great call for picking Sam to win in two tight sets on the general forum Stromatolite....! I was sadly not as optimistic as you were
Well I wasn't quite as confident as I might have sounded, but I did think Sam would like this match-up a lot better.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1337

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Good day at the office for Sam: into the QF in both singles and doubles

Raysur made heavy work of it though, got broken a whole bunch of times and scored 2 points less than their opponents, but somehow they came up with the goods at the end of the super TB
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1338
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post

Raysur made heavy work of it though, got broken a whole bunch of times and scored 2 points less than their opponents, but somehow they came up with the goods at the end of the super TB
The very first victory of the year was very long to come. Now Sam wins 2 matches per day. If She can keep some routine of this, I think it's allright.
B.

Last edited by bertisonline : Feb 14th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1339

^2 a day, sounds good to me

Sam and Maria first up tomorrow on Centre Court, 15.30 local time. Go Sammy!
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #1340
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Yeah some woeful serving from the pair of them! Though the DF came from Lisa at 6-5 in the tie break - Sam served for match to end the tie break so there, she has finally served for and finished a match....its doubles but I will take it Abit rough to play the first match despite finishing last today - but given the start time is 3.30 pm should be too bad for Sam.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1341
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
The very first victory of the year was very long to come. Now Sam wins 2 matches per day. If She can keep some routine of this, I think it's allright.
B.
Amen!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1342
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo. Winning four matches here could do her wonders. Hope she's consistently winning matches in the lead up to the claycourt season.

Masha served 9 DFs last night (). And it was as windy as hell in Tokyo when they played there. It's probably delusional but I think Sam is going to win.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

Last edited by SilverPersian : Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #1343
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

I took the advice of having a nap and woke up at 6am missing the whole match but enjoyed the result...oh and of course the entertaining blow by blow analysis of the match from you all

Now I have the chance to watch today's match and am worried that I am a jinx. I missed both doha matches and she won but have watched all other matches this year and well...
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #1344

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Woohoo. Winning four matches here could do her wonders. Hope she's consistently winning matches in the lead up to the claycourt season.

Masha served 9 DFs last night (). And it was as windy as hell in Tokyo when they played there. It's probably delusional but I think Sam is going to win.
I made the same prediction on the WWW thread and it cost me a ribbing from my old buddy Craig (really great guy, wish there was some way we could entice him to drop Masha for Sam).

Still, I genuinely think she's got a good chance. Her second set yesterday was probably the best she's played since her USO QF against Vika. If she can bring that form against a somewhat wobbly Maria I even think she would be slight favorite.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #1345
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I hate Sam Maria matches but I always want Sam to win slightly more cause of H2H and most of the time she generally needs the win more.

So I hope Maria is the one to chuck in a few DFs tonight and Sam can play some of the great points she produced against Sveta. It's no longer quite the impossible task for Sam to beat Maria as it once seemed but its still extremely tough.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1346

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
I hate Sam Maria matches but I always want Sam to win slightly more cause of H2H and most of the time she generally needs the win more..
It's probably best to think that the winner gets the ranking points and money, and the loser gets to avoid the monstrous task of Serena in the next round, so really everybody wins tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose
Now I have the chance to watch today's match and am worried that I am a jinx. I missed both doha matches and she won but have watched all other matches this year and well...
No no no. The one and only true and correct Sam-jinx is, er, American Dream's sleeping patterns ... or something to do with Towanda getting angry ... or Huntress asking politely or ... um ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite
Still, I genuinely think she's got a good chance. Her second set yesterday was probably the best she's played since her USO QF against Vika. If she can bring that form against a somewhat wobbly Maria I even think she would be slight favorite.
We'll just have to wait and see which Sam and which Maria comes out. Hopefully it will be hot-mess-in-the-wind-DFPova vs. WarriorSam

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #1347
country flag annetcl

Quote:
I made the same prediction on the WWW thread and it cost me a ribbing from my old buddy Craig (really great guy, wish there was some way we could entice him to drop Masha for Sam).

Yeah - I caught the second half of the match yesterday when I got home and she looked more and more like (good) vintage Sam It definitely won't surprise me if she gives Maria a run for her money - I am somewhat encouraged by the number of double faults that Maria was hitting yesterday. We could do without a GOAT serving Maria today. Go Sam!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1348
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
No no no. The one and only true and correct Sam-jinx is, er, American Dream's sleeping patterns ... or something to do with Towanda getting angry ... or Huntress asking politely or ... um ...
Not wearing the same clothes? Not sitting in the exact same position as the last time Sam won? Not doing a jinx dance? Oh no, what is it?!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #1349

I wonder if the lack of a nearby grunting Italian will put Sam off

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1350
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Lets get this started. Go sammy!

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote