Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #586
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I wonder what the voting in GM woud have been if they were required to actually put up a sum of money that would hurt them if they lost. Would they be so confident? And its funny that they will argue on end that they are the best judges and the true experts at predictions and that the bookies are fools. Very easy to talk. But the people who set the odds are there to make money as their living and they lose money if they get it wrong.
I think you guys are taking too seriously people in GM, it was clearly a "troll" poll. Not even the biggest Caro hater really believed she would lose, some posters just like to troll and seek attention.

Back to Sorana, well she's not doing great though not too bad. Reached the SF at Pattaya but got bageled by Kirilenko. This last week she played FedCup, she beat Peer and lost against Aga. She's a known ballbasher so she struggles against good defenders (Kirilenko, Aga), Caro should win unless Sori is having that day of the year where she plays outstanding.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #587
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree, and I don't even blame the players themselves. It's professional sports with huge sums of money and worldwide fame at stake, so players are tempted to use anything that they think might give them an edge and they are likely to bend the rules to their advantage if they can get away with it. But the powers that be in the game should be more strict. There's really no point in having a set of rules when in reality everyone can do whatever they want. I don't mean that they should be dictatorial. Giving for example someone a warning because they take two seconds too long between serves is a bit petty. But consistently taking forty instead of twenty seconds is of a different order. Same for the injury time-outs and toilet breaks. Tennis is the only sport I know where you can actually HAVE such a thing as an injury time-out. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but once a player goes beyond a certain limit the umpire should should say, "sorry, but if you need that much time you're simply not fit to play. Match goes to your opponent."
As far as injury time-outs and toilet/change of attire breaks - I would change the current rules that state that a player gets a certain number of these for free. There needs to be a fair rule that allows a player to get the medical attention they need and allows a player to take a toilet / change of attire break if she needs it. But that also takes into account that this can be unfair to her opponent. Forfeiting a match is too extreme and umpires will be reluctant to go that far.

So I would have that when a medical timeout goes beyond the 90 seconds (or 2 mins at the end of a set) - she forfeits the 1st point of the next game (starts 15-0 down). 2 mins later she forfeits another point etc. No warnings, no discretion - that's just what should happen and the umpire announces the score of the next game when each successive time mark is exceeded. Same principle for toilet / change of attire breaks. Say it's at the end of a set. After 2 minutes she forfeits the first point in the next game. Almost certainly will not be able to do it without forfeiting at least one point.

This way - the player is not prevented from getting the treatment and the breaks she needs. But she has to decide if she is prepared to pay the cost in terms of losing points in the next game. Obviously the fine detail of how long before forfeiting each point can be fine-tuned. But I don't even view what I propose as a punishment and am not saying MTOs and toilet / change of attire breaks are wrong. I just want to create a balance.

Time taken on the court between points though to remain as it is with warnings first if need be and the umpires exercising discretion as they do at present.

Edit: Just realised the thread this subject is in. Probably ought to be in the Women's Tennis thread.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Feb 11th, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #588
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Tough draw for Caro but oh well. Based on the draw she should make it to the 3rd round against Kerber.

Good luck Caro.
If Caro doesnt get thru this early draw to play a YEC player, this year could be a lot worse than 2012. This is mid February without once getting thru to a top 8 player in her first 3 events.
Forget about beating a YEC player, the first step is just to get to her in the draw. This is already her 4th hardcourt tournament in 2013. She used to win these kind of events, almost always in the semis
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #589
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Probably quite a few of you have better technical knowledge of the sport,but I saw Caro on today's Shot of the Day clip,and it looked to me as though she hit a pretty nice deep,penetrating FH.That wasn't the shot that won her the point cuz her opponent blocked the ball back over the net in desperate defensive mode.Still,I thought that Caroline hit a fairly good,aggressive shot on that point

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #590
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Probably quite a few of you have better technical knowledge of the sport,but I saw Caro on today's Shot of the Day clip,and it looked to me as though she hit a pretty nice deep,penetrating FH.That wasn't the shot that won her the point cuz her opponent blocked the ball back over the net in desperate defensive mode.Still,I thought that Caroline hit a fairly good,aggressive shot on that point
I like all Caro's shots in this point: 1) A hard, well-placed serve that forces a somewhat passive return. 2) An agressive FH, not super hard and the opponent reads it right but struck deep and she follows it to the net. 3) A good defensive shot from the opponent to Caro's feet, forcing her to hit a difficult, low, one-handed BH volley. It's not always Caro has the 'soft' hands necessary to hit a short, controlled ball but here she did it very well. 4) The opponent manages to run down the short ball and hits an excellent lob. Caro backtracks quickly and - knowing without seeing where the opening must be - hits a controlled, two-handed BHDTL, the first winner I've seen Caro hit after running down a lob!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Feb 13th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
C. W. Fields is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #591
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber lost, so Caro wont see a YEC player until Aga in the quarters. But first, round 2

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #592
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Does anyone know what Cirstea's form is like?
Was going to make a blatantly male comment on the high quality of Cirstea's "form";seriously,though,I agree with 'Blue' that a Caro with decent focus should be able to win the match

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #593
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Sorana is playing very well lately. I think she's had a few early exits at AO.

I think that a potential match with Barthel will be a good one. She dispatched Kerber yesterday in an impressive fashion. True,the German was injured but still,Mona hit some great winners in that match.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #594
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I don't think Sorana is playing very well lately. I think she's had a few early exits at AO.

I think that a potential match with Barthel will be a good one. She dispatched Kerber yesterday in an impressive fashion. True,the German was injured but still,Mona hit some great winners in that match.
Sorana and Mona are comparable in that they are great when they are on and awful when they are not.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #595
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at H2H and Mona looks like an easier opponent.

H2H Barthel- Wozniacki 0-2
H2H Cirstea - Wozniacki 2-2
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #596
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Just had a look at H2H and Mona looks like an easier opponent.

H2H Barthel- Wozniacki 0-2
H2H Cirstea - Wozniacki 2-2
Those H2H stats aren't really relevant, Barthel is in much better form than Cirstea. She just beat Kerber 1 and 2 and won Paris beating Vinci, Bartoli & Errani among others. I don't remember the last time Cirsea had such a run.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #597
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

It looks windy today. Caro doesn't like playing in wind, the question is which of the two players it'll bother more?

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Feb 13th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
C. W. Fields is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #598
country flag goldenlox

Thats 2 wins. Now another nontop 10 player and if Caro wins, probably Aga.
This is the softest quarter, and no reason, besides maybe her ankle, that she shouldnt do well this week

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #599
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Thats 2 wins. Now another nontop 10 player and if Caro wins, probably Aga.
This is the softest quarter, and no reason, besides maybe her ankle, that she shouldnt do well this week
Yeah, the shoe hid a serious strapping. Surely 'just for protection' doesn't need to be that big? .. or ..?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #600
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yeah, the shoe hid a serious strapping. Surely 'just for protection' doesn't need to be that big? .. or ..?
Caro has been taping her ankles for quite awhile now.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread