Top XWTA Players That Would Show Up At An Event To Avoid 0, Keep Bonus $$$ - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #31
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top XWTA Players That Would Show Up At An Event To Avoid 0, Keep Bonus $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
Top XWTA Players That Would Rather Just Withdraw From An Event Even Means Getting 0, Losing Bonus Pool Money

Serena Williams
Wasn't it Serena who invented the tactic of tanking or retiring during 1st round matches back in 2009?
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #32
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
When did Caroline do this? I have no recollections and the only times I can ever remember her retiring she was genuinely injured or sick (Zheng, Kremer, Wozniak). In the Kremer match, she retired up 75 50 because she knew she wouldn't be able to play the next round. If you're referring to any of her first round losses, I think she just got beat in all of those. You can't tell me she didn't try last year vs Safarova as she had a match point. Same idea for McHale x2 and Vinci. Or it could just be I have a selective memory when it comes to her.
she hasn't actually retired other than the Copahagen match but clearly sometimes she shows up at tournaments even when she is not 100%

the last 2 years she was the SEWTA #1 from the previous year so alot of bonus pool money at stake to play all of the Premier tournaments so I am not blaming her
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #33
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

At a time when the prize money has never been so high, it's quite disgraceful to see this.

That's why I don't fully support the higher prize money for first round losers.
Being a tennis player doesn't mean you're entitled to have a Louis Vuitton.

And you get the feeling that most players would rather buy a nice bag/car than invest the money into their career.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #34
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post

Meanwhile 3 of the brightest shining lights of the generation that is set to dominate the XWTA for the next 5 years (Vika, Karo, Aga) seem to be driven by ranking points, money

CoWoz and radwanska going to dominate wta?

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #35
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

I am surprised no one pay attention to Na-GOAT's changed the nickname from SEWTA to XWTA...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #36
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
That's exactly how it works.
I always laugh when people criticize the way the WTA schedule is set up, when an almost identical counterpart in the Masters/ATP 500 system flourishes successfully on the ATP.
Please you're not getting what I mean at all. I'm referring to specifically how the Tier Is figure differently into the two ranking systems.

On the WTA:

"The results used to determine a player’s WTA Ranking shall be
those yielding the highest ranking points during a rolling, 52-week
period, and must include a player’s ranking points from the Grand
Slams, Premier Mandatory Tournaments and the Premier WTA
Championships plus the best two (2) Premier 5 Tournament results
for Top 10 Players."

This means only 6 of the 9 Tier Is on the WTA are mandatory in the rankings. Obviously the cherry-picking can get quite bad. The idea is even if you only get 1 point from the Premier 5 (basically just need to show up), you can still use a lower tier-ed tournament to replace that.

However on the ATP:

A player's ATP Ranking is based on the total points he accrued in the following 19 tournaments (18 if he did not qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals):

The four Grand Slam tournaments
The eight mandatory ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments,[2]
The previous Barclays ATP World Tour Finals count until the Monday following the final regular-season ATP event of the following year.[3]
The best six results from all ATP World Tour 500, ATP World Tour 250, ATP Challenger Tour, Futures Series, Olympics and Davis Cup tournaments played in the calendar year[4]

It's not enough to just TURN UP for the Masters, you need to do WELL to get a good ranking, because even if you get only 1 point from playing the Masters, you cannot erase it from your ranking. It will stay on there even if you have a better result from a lower tier-ed tournament.

So do your research before you jump on my case.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #37
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

exactly obviously the top XWTA players have figured out the loophole in the ranking rules
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote