SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #346
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. R3 awaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Did anyone notice any changes to her game/approach since Kiefer came around? It's probably too early for there to be some noticeable change, but I'm curious to see if there is in the coming weeks
Isn't he just a hitting partner?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #347
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Yeah I assume that means the Final won't be until Sunday either. I'm not complaining too much though cus it means if she gets that far at least I'll definitely be able to watch SF and F.
Oh I don't MIND when the final is, it's just I assumed it would be Saturday because Muslim countries usually do that because that's the last day of their weekend (therefore maximum crowds).

I don't know much about Kiefer's game, does anyone know how good his serve is/was? I've thought for a while that Maria would really benefit from regularly practising returns against a top-serving ATP player simply so that her reactions are dialled in when she faces Serena's serve (I believe Voltchkov had an average serve, so he wouldn't've benefitted Maria much in that one particular aspect....I have no idea whatsoever how good Hogstedt's serve was).

Last edited by dsanders06 : Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #348
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

I don't know much about Kiefer's game, does anyone know how good his serve is/was? I've thought for a while that Maria would really benefit from practising returns against a top-serving ATP player simply so that her reactions are dialled in when she faces Serena's serve (I believe Voltchkov had an average serve, so he wouldn't've benefitted Maria much in that one particular aspect....I have no idea whatsoever how good Hogstedt's serve was).
Kiefer was an aggressive baseliner turned typical serve & volley player later in his career.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #349
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think she played well, maybe at the first 3 games and the end.
Serve made biggest difference. And that a patch of mold in a dark moisty alley has more mental toughness than Garcia.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #350
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Serve made biggest difference. And that a patch of mold in a dark moisty alley has more mental toughness than Garcia.
Dead

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #351
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serve made biggest difference. that a patch of mold in a dark moisty alley has more mental toughness than Garcia.
Really? I can't say I've seen Garcia play much, but I actually thought she competed pretty well today..she edged a couple of the tight games, and even in the 2nd set, even when it was obvious she was going to lose, she still kept fighting for every game she could (rather than some of the pathetic displays we saw from Maria's and Serena's opponents at the AO, where, as soon as they dropped the first few games, they seemed determined to flee the court as quickly as possible).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #352
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? I can't say I've seen Garcia play much, but I actually thought she competed pretty well today..she edged a couple of the tight games, and even in the 2nd set, even when it was obvious she was going to lose, she still kept fighting for every game she could (rather than some of the pathetic displays we saw from Maria's and Serena's opponents at the AO, where, as soon as they dropped the first few games, they seemed determined to flee the court as quickly as possible).
Did you see the first match between Pova and Garcia? Garcia's collapse in that one was jaw-dropping

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #353
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
STAHP OMG
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #354
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Im such a fail fan. I didnt even know she was playing. Great to see her start with a straight sets win.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #355
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think she served well and like I said in GM this is what it matters most considering Serena will probably there in the semis.
First and second were well disguised especially the second one.
Anyway hopefully she'll improve.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #356
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I only saw a few games but it seemed to me that she played well when it mattered most. Her serve is definitely "on" and that's promising if she can keep it like that.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #357
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wasnt counting but I dont think she even won a game that went to deuce...
I dont think Garcia is some no-future scrub like Puchkova or Gallovits was at AO, she has alright technical and physical skills, wouldnt surprise me if she makes top20 in a few years. I wouldnt compare her with those others.

To me, she really looks like who lets the scoreline into her head too much. In every close situation she was flopping, every time there was a momentum or the momentum changed she couldnt carry on.
- starts 1st set DFing like a boss.
- 0-3 down she starts hitting freely.
- serving to stay in 1st set, folds.
- starts 2nd set hitting freely cause "she cant lose anythign" at the moment.
- when the 2nd set was a bit tighter... she goes 2-5 down and couldnt hold serve to stay in match.
Of course Maria was stepping up for some points, but Garcia could have also done it. Instead she only had the "I just brush my shoulder off" kinda body language...
Well, maybe I just expect too much from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Did you see the first match between Pova and Garcia? Garcia's collapse in that one was jaw-dropping
and since that match she also had 10-20 other choke when she was set and break up, serving for match, sometimes even had matchpoints... and still lost. Just search GM for some of her match results. She is a notorious case.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #358
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched a bit of Aga () before Ivanovic started, and it's SO windy . But she handled it before, so we'll see. Excited for tomorrow!
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #359
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I just love how determined she looked and was out there. She reproached herself so much when she once hit a DF, as if she was angry that she didn't make the right adjust to avoid the DF.

She'll be super motivated to face Sloane if that match happens.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #360
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Just watched a bit of Aga () before Ivanovic started, and it's SO windy . But she handled it before, so we'll see. Excited for tomorrow!
It's really shocking how wind was such a non factor to Maria before 2009. I remember the IW final against Dementieva, and oh boy it doesn't get anymore windier than that. And she still managed to play fantastic tennis . Now I am scared every time I hear there's gonna be wind during her match...
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote