Fed Cup 2013 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #136
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Keep it in Australia! And please play it in Melbourne Park
On court 4?

06, 09, 12 and now 13 we've drawn the Swiss... and won each tie. Will Alicia entice Sam to front up? If not the 2nd singles spot is anybody's.
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #137
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
That's what I was thinking. I don't think Sam would even consider making the trip to Australia, and she's right not to. She's still got a legitimate shot at a FO title, but she needs a good lead-up, and the clock is ticking. If she misses out this year or next her window of opportunity might be gone.
I wonder if the Swiss will recognise this and refuse to play the tie at home

I guess it would just end up ruining Oprandi/Voegele/whoever's clay season, so hopefully they'll have it in Switzerland or Europe somewhere.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #138
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

On the FC website it says that Australia has the choice of ground. I wonder whether that only refers to the choice of venue within Australia, or includes the choice of country.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #139
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Alicia will sway Sam to play in Oz.

To get through this tie, I think we need her to play. Otherwise, it's a toss up. The other girls are not good enough to rely on unfortunately.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #140
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Swiss are very strong with Oprandi & Voegele
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #141
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
On the FC website it says that Australia has the choice of ground. I wonder whether that only refers to the choice of venue within Australia, or includes the choice of country.
Refers to choice of surface (clay, grass...) and venue within Australia,

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #142

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Refers to choice of surface (clay, grass...) and venue within Australia,

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Yeah, I thought so really. Thanks!
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #143
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I reckon Alicia will sway Sam to play in Oz.

To get through this tie, I think we need her to play. Otherwise, it's a toss up. The other girls are not good enough to rely on unfortunately.
Yep - and Voegele has played well against us in previous ties too, all the more to get Sam down there. Thats if the Swiss can be arsed coming this way too.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #144
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup should become a 16 nation World Group event, like Davis Cup. It sucks that teams in the World Group II play offs have to wait (minimum) 2 years until they get a shot at glory in World Group I.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #145
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Fed Cup should become a 16 nation World Group event, like Davis Cup. It sucks that teams in the World Group II play offs have to wait (minimum) 2 years until they get a shot at glory in World Group I.
x2

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #146
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Can we refuse to play it at home? I mean Id be fine to give up home ground so Sam could play tbh. Such hassle to come to Australia.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Can we refuse to play it at home? I mean Id be fine to give up home ground so Sam could play tbh. Such hassle to come to Australia.
I don't think we can refuse, but if Switzerland is willing to host it they can come to a mutual agreement to switch. The only reason I can think of why Switzerland would refuse in that case is if they think that Sam wouldn't travel to Australia.

So the best thing for Alicia to do is to start dropping hints that Sam will play wherever it's held
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #148
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

It should be held in Australia. If Sam has trouble coming well it's her problem.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #149
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Let's be serious about it, there is zero chance Tennis Australia will give up a home tie. So, it is not really worth debating it

Last year in Davis Cup , South Africa gave up a home tie because they didn't have money to organize it.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #150
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

How many people even bother to watch the matches in person so who cares where it is played. If TA don't give up the home tie it proves it's about ego rather than what is best for our players.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote