What happened to Stosur's second serve? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #16
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What happened to Stosur's second serve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
People finally realised how overrated and predictable it was so now she's trying to hard to make it and put too much on it. Bless.
basically

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #17
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good serve..but obviously the notion that it rivaled Serena's in any way or shape, meant it was overrated and overhyped.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #18
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

From watching her recent matches, I think she doesn't get as much kick and top-spin on her 2nd serves as she used too.

Before she was a freak at it and that was by far her best shot. Now it just looks like an average kick serve, not extreme by any means.

That is the reason I think she's making DF.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJovani2293 View Post
I think someone is still bitter about 2011.
whatever rocks your boat . .
It's not all that good

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #20
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Time goes by... You can't play your best all the time or forever...
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali 2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #21
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

How anyone can hate on Stosur
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #22
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, throughout 2012 she was equal third best on tour in terms of the percentage of points won on second serve, so I don't really think there has been a massive drop off in terms of her physical ability to hit the shot.

She's lost some confidence - might take a while to rebuild her feel for it.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #23
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's probably mainly a confidence thing, and tbh since her first set against Safarova in the FC she has only hit about 5 or six DFs in six sets (including her doubles yesterday), so I don't think it's anything dramatic.

In general I think she's going for variety on serve these days anyway, rather than throwing in a huge kicker every time. It stands to reason when you're varying your line, pace, spin, etc. a lot you are more susceptible to hitting DFs
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #24
country flag winlaw

winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of

I love how convenient it is for Serena fans to mock any player of their choosing simply because they're not 'The Lord!11!1!!!'. Fact is, Sam's second serve still is one of the best in the game, and while she's lacking confidence right now, it's ridiculous to say that it's 'overrated' when it was a large contributing factor in her successful slam runs. And as stromatolite said, it's obviously mainly because she's trying to mix it up more, and not because she's trying to 'over-compensate.'
winlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote