Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #301
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

never mind, I found it. shitty design though
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #302
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

So Mirjana is now ranked 110 in doubles, 112 in singles. Czink is 213 in doubles. I hope they play again!
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #303
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Also, Czink and Lucic-Baroni are ranked No.47 in the official WTA Rankings as a team. Czink is ranked a bit higher in her partnership with Jovanovski. So Mirjana is a Top 50 WTA personality as part of a team.

This info was culled from the ATP/WTA app for iPhone. Since the WTA official site is no longer hosted by Sony-E, it does indeed leave much to be desired.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #304
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Anyone know of he status for getting directly into Memphis main draw. Last I heard she was third out of main draw.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #305
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

It appears that Kimiko-san has withdrawn from the Memphis MD as a precautionary measure, due to a minor injury.

At last glance upon the ALT list, this would put ML-B two withdrawals out of the main draw. I could be mistaken.

If she if forced to qualify, let's face it, she can use all the singles matches possible, particularly given her encouraging form.
The more matches she gets this early in the season, the sooner she will reach her finest groove.

The only drawback of a qually draw like the one in Memphis is that while she need only win two matches to qualify, she will not be seeded and if she does qualify, she earns a measly ten points. With a favorable draw (and being on a bit of a roll), I am pegging her as a quarter finalist or maybe even her first WTA semifinal since 1999 (or 2000) either here or in Brazil.

Then, she will hopefully play every single week possible through the end of Wimbledon. At the very least, it would be nice to see her secure a French Open MD berth and take one of the smaller grass warm-up titles (Birmingham or the that decent grass ITF that she inexplicably bombs-out of so often; I forget which one.)

A wise schedule for her would be:

Memphis (Likely Qs)
Florianopolis (MD)
Indian Wells (Qs)
Miami (Qs)
Monterrey (likely MD)
Katowice, Poland (Likely MD)
Stuttgart (Qs)
Estoril (Likely MD)
Madrid (Qs)
Rome (Qs)
Brussels (Qs)
Strasbourg (Likely MD)
PARIS (MD)
Birmingham (likely MD)
Eastbourne (HOPEFULLY MD)
WIMBLEDON (MD)
Palermo (MD)
Bad Gaastein (MD)
Stanford (MD)
San Diego (Hopefully MD)
Toronto (Hopefully MD)
Cincinnati (Hopefully MD)
New Haven (Hopefully MD)
US OPEN (MD)
Quebec (MD)
Korea (MD)
Tokyo (hopefully MD)
CHINA (MD)
Osaka (MD)
Luxembourg (MD)

This is a good mix of international and premier events, and in geographically sensible sequences.
Of course, such hopes for Main Draws are predicated on Mirjana being close to the Top 50 after Wimbledon.

Wild schedule, but even if she loses early one week she bounces back the next and gets that ranking up for probably one more full year before the children start coming.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #306
country flag mikireturns

And of course ... If she makes a great run at a slam and wins an event or reaches a handful of quarters or semis to assure a Top 60 finish for the year, she can eliminate several of those events from her schedule.

But she needs to make big money this year: with the upcoming doubles rank and the improved singles form, it would be great to see her get close to the $500,000 mark and land somewhere in the 50s for the year. That would be a fabulous scenario for her, and not some fantasy.

She can do it.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #307
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

KMK was in Q-draw, not MD. Really strong Q-draw in Memphis, much stronger than Doha where you could earn 30 points for beating Ulhrihova and Husarova.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #308
country flag mikireturns

I thought Kimiko had gotten a wc to the main draw. My mistake. And I did see the weak-as-water qually draw in Doha. Mirjana could have cut a swath through that lot. Oh, but the expense of flying there with coach and hitting partner. Too much. She's got no endorsements or outside assistance, as we know. She's not Stevenson, who has the financial muscle to fly to Great Britain for 10Ks.

Here's hoping she puts her foot on the gas in Memphis and beyond, quallies or main draws ;-).
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #309
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
It appears that Kimiko-san has withdrawn from the Memphis MD as a precautionary measure, due to a minor injury.

At last glance upon the ALT list, this would put ML-B two withdrawals out of the main draw. I could be mistaken.

If she if forced to qualify, let's face it, she can use all the singles matches possible, particularly given her encouraging form.
The more matches she gets this early in the season, the sooner she will reach her finest groove.

The only drawback of a qually draw like the one in Memphis is that while she need only win two matches to qualify, she will not be seeded and if she does qualify, she earns a measly ten points. With a favorable draw (and being on a bit of a roll), I am pegging her as a quarter finalist or maybe even her first WTA semifinal since 1999 (or 2000) either here or in Brazil.

Then, she will hopefully play every single week possible through the end of Wimbledon. At the very least, it would be nice to see her secure a French Open MD berth and take one of the smaller grass warm-up titles (Birmingham or the that decent grass ITF that she inexplicably bombs-out of so often; I forget which one.)

A wise schedule for her would be:

Memphis (Likely Qs)
Florianopolis (MD)
Indian Wells (Qs)
Miami (Qs)
Monterrey (likely MD)
Katowice, Poland (Likely MD)
Stuttgart (Qs)
Estoril (Likely MD)
Madrid (Qs)
Rome (Qs)
Brussels (Qs)
Strasbourg (Likely MD)
PARIS (MD)
Birmingham (likely MD)
Eastbourne (HOPEFULLY MD)
WIMBLEDON (MD)
Palermo (MD)
Bad Gaastein (MD)
Stanford (MD)
San Diego (Hopefully MD)
Toronto (Hopefully MD)
Cincinnati (Hopefully MD)
New Haven (Hopefully MD)
US OPEN (MD)
Quebec (MD)
Korea (MD)
Tokyo (hopefully MD)
CHINA (MD)
Osaka (MD)
Luxembourg (MD)

This is a good mix of international and premier events, and in geographically sensible sequences.
Of course, such hopes for Main Draws are predicated on Mirjana being close to the Top 50 after Wimbledon.

Wild schedule, but even if she loses early one week she bounces back the next and gets that ranking up for probably one more full year before the children start coming.
MikiReturns should join her team. He seems to have the scheduling strategy down better than whoever is actually working on it. LOL. I hope his crystal ball proves accurate. In the short term, I doubt she'll play in Poland. She will probably play in Charelston. But, I agree that she doesn't play enough of the weak WTA's that she could get into directily. I'd like her to play Washington because I can see her in person there. But, I'd forego that if I thought she would be in the top 50 with no need to play there. I can see her play at the U.S. Open.
d
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #310
country flag mikireturns

^LOL ... She doesn't need any more drama on her team, I suspect.

Plus, my crystal ball is cracked. I was imagining what might be ideal due to the insane cost of air travel.

I will, however, be interested to see how many more ITF-level events she plays this year, or how many more she feels the need to play.

Hopefully not many with Top 60-70 coming soon! GL, Mirjana.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #311
country flag tennisfanML09

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
^LOL ... She doesn't need any more drama on her team, I suspect.

Plus, my crystal ball is cracked. I was imagining what might be ideal due to the insane cost of air travel.

I will, however, be interested to see how many more ITF-level events she plays this year, or how many more she feels the need to play.

Hopefully not many with Top 60-70 coming soon! GL, Mirjana.
from your mouth to gods ears!!!
tennisfanML09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #312
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana is #5 seed in Memphis qualies. Here's her section of the draw (there are just two rounds):

[3] CEPELOVA, Jana SVK vs LARCHER DE BRITO, Michelle POR
KARATANTCHEVA, Sesil KAZ vs [5] LUCIC-BARONI, Mirjana CRO
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #313
country flag mic12

Not the easiest of qualifying draws. She should beat Sesil! And hopefully have a better outcome with Cepelova than in Sydney!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #314
country flag mikireturns

Sesil just lost this morning in the quarters of the clay $125K WTA in Colombia, 7-5 in the third to Castano. Depending upon when they play, she might be tired from the travel to get to Memphis and adjust. Sure would like to see Mirjana get another crack at Cepelova. She's totally more talented.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #315
country flag mikireturns

Mirjana does play tomorrow, court 1, not before 4PM, Memphis Time. That's a real quick turnaround for Sesil. Hope Mirjana brings her big guns and plays with the moxie she displayed in Midland.