Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #1246
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Suspect Laura won't be too disappointed with a quiet week here after a pretty intensive few days in Eilat. The UK team were probably more reliant on Laura than Slovakia on Dani.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1247
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
Suspect Laura won't be too disappointed with a quiet week here after a pretty intensive few days in Eilat. The UK team were probably more reliant on Laura than Slovakia on Dani.
Daniela was actually pivotal in her countries win over the weekend.

She just didn't play well. No excuses really.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1248
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Daniela was actually pivotal in her countries win over the weekend.

She just didn't play well. No excuses really.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
This. You can't expect an 18 year old, or any player for that matter, to play well all the time.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1249
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

She's heading to Dubai now anyway. For qualifying.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1250
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

The way she was coughing I was surprised she even played
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #1251
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
This. You can't expect an 18 year old, or any player for that matter, to play well all the time.
Exactly. Just a bad day at the office.

Her job now is just to try make sure these happen with less regularity.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #1252
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Yeah disappointing result. Watched a bit of it, not the whole match tho. She did seem slightly off, wondered if she was a bit ill? (Not to provide excuses but..) There were quite a few balls that she just didnt move to even though they were close. Balls that normally she would have got to. Coughing quite a lot too, wonder if she picked something up especially with the demanding schedule to get from Israel to Doha in one day.

Plus the serve seemed to have very little on it, wonder if that was signs of slight issues with the shoulder still?

Anyway hopefully she will pick up again and any lingering issues with the shoulder go away. Shoulder issues always scare me...

Dubai will be tricky but could do with winning a couple of matches, its her last tournie before Indian Wells as she pulled out of the Brazil one now. C'mon Laura
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1253

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Press conference transcript: http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86480

No mention of illness or injury, so looks like she just played bad. Which is good obviously, but equally worrying if there was no excuse for her poor movement and pretty bad play....hope nothing else is wrong and she can pick up for Dubai cos on this weeks performance she's going backwards if anything...
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #1254
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Aww haha, funny interview

Q. Who is your favorite?
LAURA ROBSON: I like Niall. He's so cute. But their songs are so catchy.

Q. We're talking about the voice?
LAURA ROBSON: Yeah, the voice. (Smiling.)
They all have good voices, though.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1255
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Will Laura be seeded in Dubai qualifying?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1256
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Will Laura be seeded in Dubai qualifying?
Probably but we will see on Friday.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1257

Unless I'm completely blind or stupid (either is possible..) the Dubai quali draw is out and she isn't in it. Would have been seeded too. Said in her press in Doha she would play there so..last minute withdrawl? Hasn't been listed as a withdrawl.

Hope she isn't injured, after withdrawing from Brazil her next tournament is IW, not ideal if she goes into there having only played a couple of fed cup matches since Melbourne.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1258
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she got into the MD directlly? But noo...
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #1259
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Could she have gotten a wildcard into the main draw by any chance?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1260
country flag andy1975

andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice

She is definitely in Dubai as she sent a tweet yesterday saying so. Hopefully not a late withdrawal. Fingers crossed she has a MDWC, I believe the only one that has so far been announced is Bartoli.
andy1975 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote