Next 'Great' Player - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #106
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Next 'Great' Player

From what I've seen Madison Keys has the game but she's a mental midget. The sad thing is the players who actually have the most talent don't have that mental fortitude that we've seen in previous younger champions.

The biggest disappointment is Kvitova who seems to have the skill to be on top but just doesn't have any killer instinct. So until one of those players actually step up and believe they can win it all it will be Azarenka and Sharapova. And if those two falter then I can see someone like Sloane sneaking in because while not the most talented she does hold up well mentally.

I left Serena out because we all know that when she's playing well against the field basically nobody can defeat her. It's obvious she'll win more slams in the next three to four years. However, I feel like she's not the next generation and sooner or later she'll have to retire from competitive tennis. I feel like then we'll truly see who can completely take over. My guess is Azarenka but Sharapova will be right on her heels.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #107
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
*sigh* No, I'm not going to explain it again just because you are slow...

I just don't see the need why you have to come with lucky shots comment, now?! Vika vs Serena-rivarly isn't comparable to Juju-Serena rivarly, no?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #108
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
I just don't see the need why you have to come with lucky shots comment, now?! Vika vs Serena-rivarly isn't comparable to Juju-Serena rivarly, no?!

That post was of course not 100% serious. The one you were referring to was.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #109
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

My Guess for the group of Players I think will enter the top 10 and win grand slams and become Greats is Madison Keys, Donna Vekic, Laura Robson, Taylor Townsend, Sloane Stephens, Franckie, Ana Konjuh. hopefully Indy de Vroome, Sachia Vickery & Eugenie Bouchard can get the mix as well

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #110
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

It's a bumpy road for Stephens and Robson but a couple of bad losses on the way don't mean they are not destined for greatness. I expect big things for both of them in the second half of the year. I wsih Laura had a good draw at Wimbledon!
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #111
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by traralgon View Post
It's a bumpy road for Stephens and Robson but a couple of bad losses on the way don't mean they are not destined for greatness. I expect big things for both of them in the second half of the year. I wsih Laura had a good draw at Wimbledon!
For Laura it's almost compulsory to reach the second week at wimbledon. Every year she plays well there and as she is on an upward trajectory now I expect her to do very well.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #112
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't any great player coming at sight.
All of the best ones now and even the ones that flopped were much
more acknowledged when younger than the youngsters of today.
Some will do a good job and climb the ranking. But they won't be great.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #113
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Ormaechea, by far
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #114
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Putinseva will definitely snatch a few weaves
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #115
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen anyone that could be the next great player.
You need: Power + Serve + Speed and I haven't seen anyone with this combination yet.
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote