** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #286
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

do you have the rest of the interview?
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #287
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

well not yet , but its going to be here sooner or later

http://www.asapsports.com/show_event...TAR+TOTAL+OPEN
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #288
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #289
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
^^

I think it’s the ESPY award because it’s like round,nice to put hats on''. Sharapova on which trophy gets to honor of hat check in her home

Totally copying home decor tips from her BFFs Venus/Serena. Didn't Venus say she and Serena keep oranges in one of their trophies?
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #290
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

i know she plays at 8:30. as is usually the case, i do not know when that is.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #291
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

February 11, 2013

Maria Sharapova

DOHA, QATAR

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Another week on the tour where there will be a battle between you, Serena, and Vika for the No. 1 spot. Is that kind of exciting, make women's tennis exciting, or are we more obsessed with that than you guys?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think it certainly makes for an exciting storyline, you know, but from a personal perspective, I think, you know, the further you go in the week, the better chance you give yourself to regain that ranking. So I think that, you know, all of us will be focusing on just one step at a time.
It also, you know, obviously depends on other players' results, so it's tough to really focus on that too much.

Q. How does it feel being back in Doha?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It feels nice. It's been a few years. You know, I missed the Championships here while it was played here, but, you know, I have had really nice results. It's always good to come back to a court where you've played well and had good results at.
Yeah, it's certainly nice to be back at a place where you felt really comfortable.

Q. Russia won yesterday. Is there any chance for you to play the semifinal in April? It's the week before Stuttgart.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Right. I'm not ruling anything out. I haven't spoken to our captain yet and the Federation, but it's certainly something that, you know, I'm sure we will be discussing soon.

Q. You won this tournament before. Do you think that holds an advantage here?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think the memories of that are obviously very nice, but when you come in a different era‑‑ I haven't played here in many years, but there is a reason I felt really comfortable playing here, and I have won the title a couple of times, so it makes me feel good coming back to an arena at which I feel comfortable about playing with.

Q. Apart from the No. 1 rankings, there is also the Diamond Ball trophy. We all love diamonds. How do you feel about adding another silverware to your collection?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: That certainly would be nice. You know, I don't think I have a trophy with diamonds on it.
I have a few that are gold and silver but not diamonds, so that would be new and very special.

Q. You're quite active in social media. You update your fans quite regularly on the things you do on and off the court. Is this something you look forward to, or do you feel it's part of your job as a world‑class tennis player?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I feel like if it was part of my job, I wouldn't be doing something like that. I don't think I'm maybe as active on it as other people are, because I try not to feel the need to always have it updated or just in order to keep things updated.
When I want to say something or put a picture up on Facebook, I want it to be right, and I don't want to just do it because I have skipped a few days or something like that.
You know, for me it's become kind of like a travel diary, in a way. I think it's a great way to connect with fans and people that don't get a chance to see your everyday life and what you go through and give them a little bit of insight, you know, and things. I like to write them, as well.

Q. So what do you do with all the trophies? Do you have a special place for them or scattered around or in drawers?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: They're scattered around. My mom is kind of in charge of organizing. She's like "the" interior designer in my homes. And, yeah, honestly if you come to my home, I don't know if you'd actually know that I was a successful tennis player, because like some of the trophies like might even be in the kitchen somewhere. I think actually one of my awards we use as like a hat hanger. They're kind of all over the place.
The main ones are on the same shelf with my medal.

Q. Which is the hat hanger?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know if it's a trophy. I think it's the ESPY award, because it's like round, nice to put hats on.

Q. You had a great run in Australia, obviously losing in the end, but with that streak and everything, what did you take away from that? Since Australia, what have you been doing, and how is your state of mind coming into this tournament?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, you know, I played good tennis. You know, certainly not in my last match. I wish I would have done a few things differently, but that's the past. You know, you can't look back too much. You look back at it to know maybe in the future to do a little something different in certain situations or maybe with a game plan.
But as far as my preparation for here, you know, last year I went straight to Europe to play Fed Cup, and it was actually quite busy and a lot of traveling. This year I got to go home and just train for a bit. That was nice after being in Australia for over a month and to prepare for here.
It's quite a long trip for only one event, but I love being here. I'm excited for the tournament. It's a tough field, and I certainly want to raise my level and play well.

Q. When you last won this tournament it was quite a while ago, but you actually said you thought by now you'd be retired. We're very glad you're not. But do you sometimes look back and think how you've reequipped your game on the journey since then and actually pinch yourself to think that you've actually been able to get this far?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. Well, I'm sure I also didn't think I'd have shoulder surgery and be out of the game for a year at 21 years old.
There are a lot of things in life that I don't think anyone can predict, including yourself, especially in a professional sport, you know, and I think that just teaches you not to take anything for granted.
I'm sure when I was a 17‑year‑old girl I thought, you know, eight years, I'd be 25 and I'd be sitting in a media chair. You know, I might be a bit hesitant to say that I would be in that position just because it is many years, and here I am and I have a completely different outlook on the game and how long I want to play and how much more I feel like I have in me.
So I would say it's a very pleasant surprise.

Q. Given how you've survived, is it still important to evolve your game and keep doing things with it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. Yeah, it's huge. I think the game evolves and the game only gets bigger.
It's much more physical, you know. Fitness is such a huge part of the game right now. Staying fit and keeping that level and that consistency throughout the whole year, you know, you can't stress enough the importance of that, because so many tournaments, so many weeks, it's the practices in between.
You know, health is the most important thing. It's the recovery, you know, staying healthy, going from match to match, making sure that your body is ready for the next ones.

Q. How do you feel about your start of the year? You blitzed your way through the first matches at the Australian Open and then lost a close one. Do you feel it's a good start or not?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, you know, I came to Brisbane and I missed that. I wish I could have played that warmup tournament. But with not having any matches and not playing for two‑and‑a‑half months to going and playing at that level and losing in the semis, you know, I will take it, but I would have certainly loved to do better.

Q. The tour has actually skewed older now than when you were starting. Actually, at 25 you're one of the young folks‑‑
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, thank you.

Q. ‑‑ even though you have been here a long time. How do you see that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle. You know, growing up I never really ‑‑I knew that there were players that had been on the tour for a long time, and I considered myself quite young and new and maybe a bit inexperienced, but I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle where I'm still playing against players that were there when I started and when I was coming up, and yet I'm seeing a whole newer generation that's doing better. Maybe certainly not 16, 17, 18 years old, but a bit later.
It's nice to see, you know, because it's nice to see the game evolving in that way.

Q. I have seen on Twitter that you're not following any WTA player. Are there specific reasons for that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not really. I think I know so much about tennis in general that my interests are kind of away from the sport. I'm involved in it so much. It's such a big part of my life.
So I don't really feel the necessity to, you know ‑‑yeah, if I want to have a conversation with someone, I pretty much have their number, so I don't feel like I need to do it in front of thousands and millions of people.

Q. 2003, I think that's when you won your first tournament, almost a decade since then. Anything you would have done differently?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Nothing. It's tough to live life, you know, having any regrets and thinking about what you could have changed or done differently.
I mean, I have been playing this game for such a long time, and I came to the United States at seven years old with my father, having huge dreams. We turned that somehow into reality, so tough to see any regrets in that path.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

Last edited by MS17 : Feb 12th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
MS17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #292
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

i think livescore has changed their site...as nearly as i can tell...she starts in 3 minutes.m
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #293
country flag MS17

QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 12, 2013

Maria Sharapova

DOHA, QATAR

M. SHARAPOVA/C. Garcia
6‑3, 6‑2

Q. That was a great game. How do you feel winning the first round that easily?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was quite happy with the way I played, because, you know, my opponent has already played a few matches here, you know, so she's been able to, you know, get in that match atmosphere.
Sometimes that's, you know, kind of a benefit. So I wanted to start really strong. I had a tough match against her in my previous encounter where I played three sets. You know, I really wanted to start better this time as opposed to last time.

Q. Were there any difficulties while playing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I thought I did, you know, many things well, especially considering that it's a first round. As the tournament goes on, you know, there are some things I'd like to improve and just be a little more consistent and quicker, but that's normal. I am pleased with how I started.

Q. I wasn't here for the previous presser, but I wonder if you know about the Diamond Trophy. Is that any extra motivation at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It is, just because I don't own a Diamond Trophy, so I think it would be nice to have something that's different and unique. You know, when I look at all the trophies, you certainly look at the ones that stand out and different from the other ones.
That would mean a lot.

Q. I remember you beat Garcia in 2011 during the French Open. Do you feel that her game has changed? Has she improved?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think she's an up‑and‑comer that's still making that transition from the juniors and on to the pros. It's one of the toughest getting your feet on the ground with the game itself, but I think we will be seeing her for many more years.
I think she played really well today, and she has a big game and many strengths in her game, which I think everyone saw today.
Yeah, I think she has a bright future ahead of her.

Q. I know you have been asked this question a lot about how do you feel about coming back to Doha, but I have seen your match and the crowd's reaction. It's no doubt you're the crowd favorite. How do you feel today coming back after quite some time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's nice to see so many people in the stands, especially for a first round. It's been, you know, they said five years since I have been here, which is quite a long time.
It's nice to see that welcome here. And, you know, when you have such great memories how you played here and the titles you have won, there is always something extra special when you go out on the court and compete in front of them because you want to repeat that success.

Q. Did you see the results of the last Grammy Awards?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I saw some pictures but not...

Q. No performances?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not really, no. I saw a couple on YouTube.

Q. If you have to decide what was your song of the year, what would it be?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, I love Adele, and I think her voice is incredible. She's so talented that I secretly want to be able to sing like her, especially when I karaoke with my friends.

Q. Which song? You can sing. Can you try?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm really good at singing Cher. I haven't mastered Adele yet. But it's fun. I enjoy it a lot.

Q. It will be my last question about music, but I was discussing with Laura Robson about One Direction, the British band. Do you like this band? And which member is your favorite?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I wouldn't say they're my favorite, but I don't turn it off when it's playing on the radio. I don't know.
I'm currently listening a lot to Florence and the Machine and Adele. I'm always listening to U2, as well. It's really inspiring. It pumps me up. Bon Iver, as well, a little bit. Kind of on the slow side these days.

Q. You haven't been here for a few years, but you have actually never ever lost a match here. Are you aware of that when you step on the court? Does it play with your mentality at all, knowing you haven't lost here?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it just makes it extra exciting because you know you had nice results and, you know, victories, obviously holding the trophy and getting to the end means a lot and doing it a couple of times.
But, you know, every match is new and it's unique. You know, I would love to keep that streak going.

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #294
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 12, 2013

Maria Sharapova

DOHA, QATAR

M. SHARAPOVA/C. Garcia
6‑3, 6‑2

Q. That was a great game. How do you feel winning the first round that easily?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was quite happy with the way I played, because, you know, my opponent has already played a few matches here, you know, so she's been able to, you know, get in that match atmosphere.
Sometimes that's, you know, kind of a benefit. So I wanted to start really strong. I had a tough match against her in my previous encounter where I played three sets. You know, I really wanted to start better this time as opposed to last time.

Q. Were there any difficulties while playing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I thought I did, you know, many things well, especially considering that it's a first round. As the tournament goes on, you know, there are some things I'd like to improve and just be a little more consistent and quicker, but that's normal. I am pleased with how I started.

Q. I wasn't here for the previous presser, but I wonder if you know about the Diamond Trophy. Is that any extra motivation at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It is, just because I don't own a Diamond Trophy, so I think it would be nice to have something that's different and unique. You know, when I look at all the trophies, you certainly look at the ones that stand out and different from the other ones.
That would mean a lot.

Q. I remember you beat Garcia in 2011 during the French Open. Do you feel that her game has changed? Has she improved?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think she's an up‑and‑comer that's still making that transition from the juniors and on to the pros. It's one of the toughest getting your feet on the ground with the game itself, but I think we will be seeing her for many more years.
I think she played really well today, and she has a big game and many strengths in her game, which I think everyone saw today.
Yeah, I think she has a bright future ahead of her.

Q. I know you have been asked this question a lot about how do you feel about coming back to Doha, but I have seen your match and the crowd's reaction. It's no doubt you're the crowd favorite. How do you feel today coming back after quite some time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's nice to see so many people in the stands, especially for a first round. It's been, you know, they said five years since I have been here, which is quite a long time.
It's nice to see that welcome here. And, you know, when you have such great memories how you played here and the titles you have won, there is always something extra special when you go out on the court and compete in front of them because you want to repeat that success.

Q. Did you see the results of the last Grammy Awards?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I saw some pictures but not...

Q. No performances?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not really, no. I saw a couple on YouTube.

Q. If you have to decide what was your song of the year, what would it be?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, I love Adele, and I think her voice is incredible. She's so talented that I secretly want to be able to sing like her, especially when I karaoke with my friends.

Q. Which song? You can sing. Can you try?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm really good at singing Cher. I haven't mastered Adele yet. But it's fun. I enjoy it a lot.

Q. It will be my last question about music, but I was discussing with Laura Robson about One Direction, the British band. Do you like this band? And which member is your favorite?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I wouldn't say they're my favorite, but I don't turn it off when it's playing on the radio. I don't know.
I'm currently listening a lot to Florence and the Machine and Adele. I'm always listening to U2, as well. It's really inspiring. It pumps me up. Bon Iver, as well, a little bit. Kind of on the slow side these days.

Q. You haven't been here for a few years, but you have actually never ever lost a match here. Are you aware of that when you step on the court? Does it play with your mentality at all, knowing you haven't lost here?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it just makes it extra exciting because you know you had nice results and, you know, victories, obviously holding the trophy and getting to the end means a lot and doing it a couple of times.
But, you know, every match is new and it's unique. You know, I would love to keep that streak going.

Guys, forget about Rhianna, her music taste is awesome And yeah, she likes U2. It would be great if she performed something at the press conference
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #295
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

I love Adele too
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #296
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck yes, she likes Bon Iver.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #297
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

She redeemed herself after the Rihanna hell by admitting her love for Adele
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #298
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Eww @ U2
Adele's music is too boring.
Florence I like.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #299
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

That press conference was more about her music taste than anything else

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #300
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth is Laura Robson's music taste being used to segue into a question for Maria? I'd understand if she was playing her next, but come on.