Planning to visit US Open 2013 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #76
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Re: Planning to visit US Open 2013

Now just awaiting the tickets going on sale. Isaw on the official US Open site they do ticket plans i might see if i can get them from there. If not i shall just get them from ticketmaster. I hope i get to see Maria. Thats why im alternating between day and night on ashe to give myself the best possible chance.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #77
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Now just awaiting the tickets going on sale. Isaw on the official US Open site they do ticket plans i might see if i can get them from there. If not i shall just get them from ticketmaster. I hope i get to see Maria. Thats why im alternating between day and night on ashe to give myself the best possible chance.
If you join the USTA, you get access to tix earlier. It's like $25 per year to join.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #78
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
If you join the USTA, you get access to tix earlier. It's like $25 per year to join.
Ok, cool thanks for letting me know that
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #79
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
It was the Venus - Kerber match
The official policy is that you can only sit there if you're ticketed. The ushers were probably leaving soon, so he let you go. At one point, and it's quite funny if you're looking for it, but they all just simultaneously leave.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM   #80
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

This thread cracks me up!

The second poster replying recommends the Four Seasons and the OP proceeds to book a whore house in Flushing...

Booking a year in advance because hotels are selling out...

People recommending taking the subway to Flushing to save money on food. (Maybe if it rains for two hours...)

Some poster rejecting the USO because it is part of a police state...
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM   #81
country flag Maria rocks

To be honest i prob won't go for the really cheap seats but i can't afford mega expensive seats either. What are the price ranges? Does anyone know?
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #82
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To be honest i prob won't go for the really cheap seats but i can't afford mega expensive seats either. What are the price ranges? Does anyone know?
This year the cheapest AA tickets were 60 dollars, how close you get to the court is probably a matter of how early you buy them.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM   #83
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
People recommending taking the subway to Flushing to save money on food. (Maybe if it rains for two hours...)
how would you advise one get to flushing?

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:23 PM   #84
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

When people say go to flushing do they mean just take the subway one stop past Mets Willets (the last stop)?
Because as soon as I get off that last stop I'd have no idea where to go
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:26 AM   #85
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ No, we are talking about Flushing Meadows, the park.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #86
country flag Maria rocks

For anyone that was concerned re me staying in Paris Suites there is good news ive changed hotels will now be staying in the Hampton inn by JFK Airport xx
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #87
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For anyone that was concerned re me staying in Paris Suites there is good news ive changed hotels will now be staying in the Hampton inn by JFK Airport xx
OK. Lol.

If you can, try to stay by the Holiday Inn--in flushing, or the Crowne Plaza (or one of those hotels) near Laguardia Airport or the National Tennis Center.

They're closer.

They're also this big enough hotel on Queens Blvd (forgot the name, though it's not hard to find--The Skyline?), thats near the Subway and not to far from the 7 train.

At the Hampton Inn JFk, you may have to take a shuttle Bus to the airport (unless there's one directly to the Subway), to the Monorail, to the subway--enroute to the USTA. Not the worst thing to do (if that's the case). But certainly not the easiest. See if a shuttle driver can take you to the nearest subway (or a Cab or City bus). I did read on Trip Advisor, a very happy family that stayed at the hotel during the US Open (you may had as well). Alas, you can't have everything.

It's actually not that far from the Van Wyk, Jamaica--Vanwyk and Union Tpk/Kew Gardens subways stops via car or cab (and maybe bus).

But yes, it's a decent, spacious enough (and I'm sure reasonably priced) hotel--connected to it's sister Hilton JFK and it's restaurant.

Last edited by Excelscior : Oct 16th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #88
country flag Maxxpowerr

Maxxpowerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maria rocks I hope its ok that I 1.resurrected this thread and 2.bandwagoned your thread.

I am also attending the us open this year. I bought my plane tickets this weekend.

i have never attended any sort of professional tennis event and I am very excited. I am also grateful for the useful tips and information posted in this thread so far.
Maxxpowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #89
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going too hopefully.

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #90
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going to do an airport hotel, why not one near La Guardia ... you know, the airport that's one subway stop away from the US Open? Gurl, your decisions baffle me sometimes.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote