Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #91
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Fed cup rankings have been updated:

12 Argentina
13 Belgium
14 Ukraine
16 France

17 Great Britain
18 Poland
19 Kazakhstan
21 Canada

The higher four ranked teams will be seeded so we will def face one of the WGII losers (Arg, Bel, Ukr or Fra). Hopefully Arg or Ukr at home....
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #92
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Argentina at home would be ideal

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #93

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

^^ change that appears they made an error in the calculating! Appears they awarded points as if Sweden had lost...so GB are now actually seeded! Not sure this is a blessing as it now means we will face one of Poland, Kaz, Canada or Argentina. Wouldn't fancy Poland or Kaz.

Does mean we avoid France or Belgium tho.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 11th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #94
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

So Argentina have been bumped from 12 to 17?

... for some reason.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #95

Yep...Sweden go up to 11 and we're at 16. Someone got their maths wrong!

http://www.fedcup.com/en/rankings/current-rankings.aspx
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #96
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Please not Poland
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #97
country flag Dawson.

Canada home or away shouldn't be a problem, Argentina at home should be fine and I'd still back them away on clay too. Hopefully they'll avoid Poland and Kazakstan...

... for some reason.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #98
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Please not Poland
Exactly!

Aga and Ula have both won against Laura and Heather.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #99
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Canada could bring in Wozniak and have world no. 48 & 137. I think this would be the best away draw as conditions would be familiar. At home you'd have to back Team GB too.

Argentina have 195 & 214. At home this would be a straightforward win. Away on the clay it's more challenging, but still would be a good draw.

Kazakhstan have 30 & 72. This would be a close match. Whoever had home advantage would be slight favourites.

Poland have 4 & 37. Avoid like the plague. If Aga is in the team we're basically starting at 0-2 down.

This is all assuming we have Hev and Laura fit and healthy of course!
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #100
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjo View Post
Fantastic week for Team GB

They were favourites going in but still had to go out and win a lot of matches. The girls all delivered big time.

The Fed Cup rankings are going to be updated before the draw takes place. I think the top 4 are then seeded for the playoff round. So it's not confirmed yet who that will be.
Well, blow me down. Didn't see an 800 point swing coming. Probably should read the rules if I'm going to pontificate (word of the day).
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #101

Draw made, we get Argentina away....

Disappointing its not at home would have been great to see them and Arg away means clay...not our fav surface. Tricky but at least not Poland? Hev and Laura will need to play better than they are atm, depends how much of a barrier (and advantage for Argentina) the clay is.

Rest of the draw was (home side first) Ukr v Can, Bel v Pol, Fra v Kaz. Therefore we were the only seeded team to be drawn away. Typical!

Plus not many more hostile places for a British team to go than Argentina...be quite an atmosphere for the girls.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 13th, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #102
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Yep so we have Argentina away, I am actually very happy with this draw, Poland and Kazakhstan at home or away would have been most certainly more disappointing. I think the clay surface will actually fit in nicely with the clay season instead of having to readjust which may upset their rhythm. Ormachea is battling an injury and even if she does play I don't think she will have a lot of match practice. Hev is actually a good clay player and I do think we go into this with a good advantage

I'm looking forward, world group II we're coming for you

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #103
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

was hoping for a home tie but at least we're not up against poland, good luck to Laura and Heather. Clay could be troubling but britains players have far better world rankings than they do, if Laura and Heather play at their beat they should be able to win this.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #104
country flag Dawson.

The surface and the atmosphere will be tough but I think our girls can handle it. They may not even leave the States after Miami and just get practising on clay straight away. Maybe they'll play Charleston before heading down to Buenos Aires. Then by the time they get back to Europe, they'll have plenty of clay court matches under their belt.

... for some reason.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #105
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

If I were to rank the difficulty of the 8 possible draws then Argentina away would be the 4th best draw. So it's not ideal but could have been a lot worse. It will fit in with the players clay court season nicely so they won't have to quickly adjust to the surface. The biggest challenge will be handling a hostile atmosphere which neither of them have experienced before.

It's disappointing not to have a home tie as I was looking forward to seeing them play live. But as long as they get promoted then there's a 75% chance they'll have a home tie next year.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote