2013 National Team Indoors - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #61
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 National Team Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Yes, but UCLA isn't dominating and winning everything like Stanford used to. When that happens, I'll be okay if you didn't root for them haha.
Well that's true But I think UCLA is on the way to building a dynasty
But before that they should take care of that dbls, their result is similar to USC last year in this tournament, losing (but give credit to Miami for winning the dbls point)

By the way Gabi and Zoe should take a day off and go fishing or something, to meditate on what happened on the court yesterday

Val(her last Team Indoors) and Ellie(should be a great first experience) should fill the spot to leaven the playing field against Cal, who also has 2 players absent

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #62
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Mary is on fire 6-1 1st set against Ema.

Veronica Corning is having a decent season so far.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #63
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
What happened to Cal? The program is in a slump so far this season! Must be a rebuilding year..
The scoreboard had the wrong players up. Fabikova did not play which meant that Chui (the No. 7 player) was at No. 5 and Estlander (the No. 9 player) was at No. 6.

Without Goransson in doubles and in the singles line-up, Cal is not as solid. She really solidifies the third doubles team. Right now No. 3 is a liability without her...they will almost always lose the No. 3 spot without her. Neither Chui or Estlander or Duranteau have the game to compete at No. 6 against the top teams. They will most always lose.

In addition I'm surprised that they have put Chi at No. 3. Fabikova needs to play No. 3.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #64
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Baylor forfeited #3 doubles but is fielding a full singles lineup against the Nebraska?? Don't think I have ever seen that before. Not that they really had much of a chance to win the doubles point with the way Nebraska has been playing, but still...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #65
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Why did they match up USC-Cal in consolation? Disappointing to have conference matchups in the consolation draw when it isn't necessary. Seems like they could have easily been matched up with NW & Miami instead.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #66
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Why did they match up USC-Cal in consolation? Disappointing to have conference matchups in the consolation draw when it isn't necessary. Seems like they could have easily been matched up with NW & Miami instead.
Totally agree unless there is a conspiracy to keep Pac-12 schools from being highly ranked there is no need to do this (beating up on each other doesn't help your ranking as much as playing other teams that will have a high ranking).
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #67
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

whatever, Main Draw was what mattered

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #68
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Did Nebraska win ALL dbls pts?

And what the....

Megan Horter (BU) def. #13 Alexa Guarachi (UA) 2-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-2

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #69
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

yesterday

Michigan 4, Virginia 2

Singles competition

1. #4 Julia Elbaba (UVA) vs. Emina Bektas (MICH) 5-7, 7-5, 4-3, unfinished
2. #61 Ronit Yurovsky (MICH) def. #44 Li Xi (UVA) 6-1, 6-2
3. #43 Stephanie Nauta (UVA) def. Brooke Bolender (MICH) 6-2, 6-4
4. Sarah Lee (MICH) def. Maci Epstein (UVA) 6-2, 5-7, 7-6 (7-5)
5. #94 Amy Zhu (MICH) def. Hana Tomljanovic (UVA) 6-2, 6-4
6. Erin Vierra (UVA) def. Kristen Dodge (MICH) 7-5, 6-3

Doubles competition

1. #21 Brooke Bolender/Emina Bektas (MICH) def. #10 Stephanie Nauta/Li Xi (UVA) 8-2
2. Ronit Yurovsky/Sarah Lee (MICH) def. #5 Erin Vierra/Maci Epstein (UVA) 8-6
3. Julia Elbaba/Hana Tomljanovic (UVA) def. Mimi Nguyen/Kristen Dodge (MICH) 8-4

Match Notes:
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (2,3,6,5,4)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #70
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Bombshell; one participant is not going to play this next year

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #71
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Ema from 2nd set 0-5 to 5-7.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #72
country flag goblue9999

goblue9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Anyone have any news on why Sam Critser is not on the Michigan roster anymore?
She was kicked off the team and she is now back at home in California. Rumor has it that she will be attending Santa Clara, not sure if she will play tennis there though.

Sam allegedly had an eating disorder and got caught lying to the head coach about several issues. I know she also struggled with the rigorous school load at Michigan.
goblue9999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #73
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Bombshell; one participant is not going to play this next year
What do you mean?
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #74
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

why did the losers play winners from yesterdays consolation instead of winners playing?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #75
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

UCLA won the doubles point but losing bad in 4 of 6 singles matches.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote