Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #571
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Funny to see so many healthy players - players who were not able to help their countries - well shame on them IMHO. Another thing that can make me see red is the way some players fake injuries on court - like Kuznetsova and Vika just to mention the worst - they are stretching the rules beyond their limits - like e.g. Stosur did yesterday - why are they not punished? To me it seems like the rate of faking is rising.
Players really do get injured, so they have to allow matches to stop for player safety.
You've seen Caroline, at a YEC, in a Copenhagen final, go down to the ground.
This is a physical sport. Fans cant assume they know who's healthy and who is injured.
Players have to schedule carefully. I've seen players try to make every Fed Cup tie, they play a lot of extra long tough matches, than players who choose to play Fed Cup when their schedules are open
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #572
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Players really do get injured, so they have to allow matches to stop for player safety.
You've seen Caroline, at a YEC, in a Copenhagen final, go down to the ground.
This is a physical sport. Fans cant assume they know who's healthy and who is injured.
Players have to schedule carefully. I've seen players try to make every Fed Cup tie, they play a lot of extra long tough matches, than players who choose to play Fed Cup when their schedules are open
And of course you are right in one way - I'm only mentioning the examples which IMHO did look fake. Another thing to me it's an honour to play for one's country and that's why I'm a bit sour at the players mentioned that they are not giving back when they should IMHO. It could be fairly easy to avoid fake injuries by saying they can't take part in the upcoming week's tournament. I think you'll see a drastic fall in injuries IMHO. I also think that Caro should help Denmark in May even if it's in the rock bottom of the FED cup IMHO.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #573
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

What tournaments in May is Rory playing? That probably determines Caroline's schedule between her tennis tournaments.
If someone told me in July 2011 (when Caroline was holding 9 titles & #1 by 3000 points), that in August 2012 Caroline would play her full schedule and be holding no titles, be out of the YEC race, I would not have believed it.
So I look forward to seeing what she does from here on
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #574
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Funny to see so many healthy players - players who were not able to help their countries - well shame on them IMHO. Another thing that can make me see red is the way some players fake injuries on court - like Kuznetsova and Vika just to mention the worst - they are stretching the rules beyond their limits - like e.g. Stosur did yesterday - why are they not punished? To me it seems like the rate of faking is rising.
It is a shame, really. I think that the officials are instructed to give certain names a pass nowadays. In the past players would be stopped if they tried to pull a stunt like Vika or Kuznetsova, the umpires would not let them get away with it. It's time for the rules to be better enforced otherwise the tour will end up looking ridiculous. I mean, even on TF people complained about what went on at Australian Open.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #575
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
What tournaments in May is Rory playing? That probably determines Caroline's schedule between her tennis tournaments.
If someone told me in July 2011 (when Caroline was holding 9 titles & #1 by 3000 points), that in August 2012 Caroline would play her full schedule and be holding no titles, be out of the YEC race, I would not have believed it.
So I look forward to seeing what she does from here on

Wells Fargo Championship, Quail Hollow, North Carolina, USA (April 25th to 28th, 2013)

Players Championship, TPC Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra, Florida, USA (May 9th to 12th, 2013)

BMW PGA Championship, Wentworth, England, UK (May 23rd to 26th, 2013)
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #576
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed the voting for Caro's R1 match in TF was 22 even, so I hurried to my trusted betting platform to throw some money at Caro near even odds. Hmmmm. 1.05 not exactly even.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #577
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline will re-enter top 10 this week if Marion does not reach SF Assuming Caroline only reaches 3rd round of course, if she gets to QF then Bartoli needs to reach the final.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #578
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamanKarolina View Post
Caroline will re-enter top 10 this week if Marion does not reach SF Assuming Caroline only reaches 3rd round of course, if she gets to QF then Bartoli needs to reach the final.
Top 10, here we come!
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #579
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Wells Fargo Championship, Quail Hollow, North Carolina, USA (April 25th to 28th, 2013)

Players Championship, TPC Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra, Florida, USA (May 9th to 12th, 2013)

BMW PGA Championship, Wentworth, England, UK (May 23rd to 26th, 2013)
You forgot to mention that he's playing in the Angry Viking's Anal Cream Open at the scenic Camden,New Jersey Country Club this week...but,of course,Caro will miss seeing him play while she's in Doha

To the two posters above: This week's rankings are already out,and they show Caroline at #10 right now...yet perhaps she'll have to reach a certain round to RETAIN that spot

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #580
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
It is a shame, really. I think that the officials are instructed to give certain names a pass nowadays. In the past players would be stopped if they tried to pull a stunt like Vika or Kuznetsova, the umpires would not let them get away with it. It's time for the rules to be better enforced otherwise the tour will end up looking ridiculous. I mean, even on TF people complained about what went on at Australian Open.
I agree, and I don't even blame the players themselves. It's professional sports with huge sums of money and worldwide fame at stake, so players are tempted to use anything that they think might give them an edge and they are likely to bend the rules to their advantage if they can get away with it. But the powers that be in the game should be more strict. There's really no point in having a set of rules when in reality everyone can do whatever they want. I don't mean that they should be dictatorial. Giving for example someone a warning because they take two seconds too long between serves is a bit petty. But consistently taking forty instead of twenty seconds is of a different order. Same for the injury time-outs and toilet breaks. Tennis is the only sport I know where you can actually HAVE such a thing as an injury time-out. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but once a player goes beyond a certain limit the umpire should should say, "sorry, but if you need that much time you're simply not fit to play. Match goes to your opponent."

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #581
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Easy first round in Doha...then Cirstea....GO Caro!!!!!!!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #582
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw for Caro but oh well. Based on the draw she should make it to the 3rd round against Kerber.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #583
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree, and I don't even blame the players themselves. It's professional sports with huge sums of money and worldwide fame at stake, so players are tempted to use anything that they think might give them an edge and they are likely to bend the rules to their advantage if they can get away with it. But the powers that be in the game should be more strict. There's really no point in having a set of rules when in reality everyone can do whatever they want. I don't mean that they should be dictatorial. Giving for example someone a warning because they take two seconds too long between serves is a bit petty. But consistently taking forty instead of twenty seconds is of a different order. Same for the injury time-outs and toilet breaks. Tennis is the only sport I know where you can actually HAVE such a thing as an injury time-out. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but once a player goes beyond a certain limit the umpire should should say, "sorry, but if you need that much time you're simply not fit to play. Match goes to your opponent."
You are correct that the WTA is largely responsible for the problem,but that doesn't completely absolve the players of blame,either.To give you an analogous situation,would you be content if I robbed you at gunpoint on your next visit to our beaches...with the justification,'Oh,I can't blame him for robbing me b/c the police are so corrupt and set such a bad example.'---that was a rhetorical question,because you'd be one HELLUVa guy if you were that benevolent towards those who took advantage of you

I don't mind if other posters want to shoot this down,but I can't recall ONE occasion when Elena D. did the stuff that you're referring to...if she DID,then it was truly once in a blue moon.I can't recall Caro's doing it,either.There are plenty of inbred haters who'd invent scenarios from their imaginations,yet I haven't heard any neutral parties,or even too many haters,accusing her of that.Even when weakness encourages manipulation,we still have our consciences as a guide,and some use it FAR more than others.

Caro's Adidas teammate,for example,will concoct retroactive injuries two weeks after the fact to excuse an ass-whupping,even when the whole world heard her admit that she felt fine in her post-match pressers.She'll also invent B.S. injuries whenever she feels like slutting around again on the weekend with her current sexual partner for that month.The latest masterpiece is a shoulder injury that mysteriously manifested itself several days AFTER an AO loss...yet DIDN'T prevent her from playing an MM and getting her ass kicked by a journeywoman...suddenly flared up again and gave her an alibi to abandon her FC teammates...and then magically healed 2 days later for Doha.That's almost the height of arrogance...and the WTA is a HUGE facilitator of such behavior with their constant pampering of her.

To summarize,I partially agree with you,but players should still be held accountable for their actions.That's one big reason why I'm a Caro fan;she never makes me ashamed to support her,even when she slumps,b/c of who she is AS A PERSON.....Oh,and congrats to Caroline for rendering a Lucky Loser unlucky again

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #584
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I noticed the voting for Caro's R1 match in TF was 22 even, so I hurried to my trusted betting platform to throw some money at Caro near even odds. Hmmmm. 1.05 not exactly even.
I wonder what the voting in GM woud have been if they were required to actually put up a sum of money that would hurt them if they lost. Would they be so confident? And its funny that they will argue on end that they are the best judges and the true experts at predictions and that the bookies are fools. Very easy to talk. But the people who set the odds are there to make money as their living and they lose money if they get it wrong.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #585
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what Cirstea's form is like?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread