Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #76
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Good to see Laura is picking up a few tricks of the trade. Looks like she came out a bag of nerves and needed time to settle down.

Surprised they didn't play Anne in doubles too. It was a nothing match.

Tomorrow the 1st rubber expect a win. Their no. 2 hasn't played anyone half decent yet. Pironkova vs Watson is a tough one to call. Then we'd be favourites for the doubles if need be. I'm feeling confident.

Go Team GB
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #77
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Anne's turn on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21343536
Quote:
I had a cortisone injection before my match at the Australian Open and unfortunately there isn't much they can do beyond more injections, which isn't very nice as I'm petrified of needles and it's not the best place to inject!

I thought I would be OK playing matches but, judging by how I was after my match here, that isn't the case. I'll have to see the doctors when I get home and go from there.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #78
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjo View Post

Surprised they didn't play Anne in doubles too. It was a nothing match.

EDIT: beaten to it
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #79
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Does the scoreboard work for anyone, guys?
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #80

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Temp. score board here btw: http://matchscorer.com/widgets/white...coil.aspx?id=4
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #81
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

AMAZING WINS FROM HEATHER AND LAURA!!!!

Laura - 6-0 6-4
And Heather 1-6 6-4 6-2

We're into World Group II play-offs in April!
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #82

Congrats to the whole team! Great fight from Hev didn't see her pulling that one round so comfortably in the end!

Draw for the playoffs is on Wed 11am GMT. Would be great to get a home tie...though just realised im in Denmark that weekend so won't be able to watch even if we do Planning fail.

Anyway possible opponents Ukr, Fra, Sui/Bel or Swe. If we get Sweden we'd be guaranteed a home tie as we played them away last time.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #83
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!

Heather what a comeback. A win like this might kick start her entire year. Well done to Laura too but her result was never in doubt

It's going to be a tough tie no matter who we face. Sweden have been dire against Argentina and a home tie would be nice, however it would almost definitely be on indoor hard which would benefit the Swedes too. A Bartoli-less France wouldn't be too bad on indoor hard but they're likely to put us on clay if they get the tie. Ditto Belgium and Switerland.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #84
country flag pollyowls

pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice pollyowls is just really nice

I don't think we are just limited to playing the teams who lose in WGII 1st round.If you recall, we played Sweden last year, although we both came through Euro I in Eilat.
If it's still an open draw, as I believe it is, we could also get Poland, Canada or Kazakhstan as well.
pollyowls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #85
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

well done to the british team for getting into the playoffs, the real test will be in april though, can we do one better than last year?
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #86
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyowls View Post
I don't think we are just limited to playing the teams who lose in WGII 1st round.If you recall, we played Sweden last year, although we both came through Euro I in Eilat.
If it's still an open draw, as I believe it is, we could also get Poland, Canada or Kazakhstan as well.
No, don't think so, last year was a seeded draw, Sweden happened to be one of the seeds. This year all the WG II losers will be ranked higher than the qualifiers.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #87
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

so proud of our girls

I am personally hoping for a tie against Ukraine or Sweden. France would be really interesting though !!

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #88
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic week for Team GB

They were favourites going in but still had to go out and win a lot of matches. The girls all delivered big time.

The Fed Cup rankings are going to be updated before the draw takes place. I think the top 4 are then seeded for the playoff round. So it's not confirmed yet who that will be.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #89
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic

I knew they could do it
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #90
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Fab comeback by Sweden to beat the Argies from behind means that they aren't in the mix.

I hope we get a home tie and it's somewhere get-at-able.
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote