Sabine News & Articles - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:59 AM   #586
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
^^^^^

Is this even an interview from Sabine? None of the answers seem like her and, as poorly as she played in Montreal last year, she didn't get double bageled. Ivanovic got double bageled by Vinci, so maybe this is really her interview. Don't know how it got mislabeled as Sabine's.
Yeah, looks like an interview with Sorana Cirstea.

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:00 AM   #587
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Sorana has skydived, so I think it's her. Haven't checked the Canadian double-bagel yet though.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM   #588
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Sorana has skydived, so I think it's her. Haven't checked the Canadian double-bagel yet though.
She got double-bageled by Sesil Karatantcheva in Montreal last year (ouch).
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM   #589
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Jesus Christ

For one moment I really thought about Sabine But in the end the awareness that you really thought about brainless Cirstea, yikes.

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM   #590
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
The thing with daddy's ice cream factory was also new for me, while the suitcase answer could haven been Sabine's as well. Really a great piece of Brit journalism.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM   #591
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

For a moment I thought what a co-incidence that Sabine and Sorana's dad's both have ice cream factories... Then again I only skimmed the article, now it's obvious that it's not Sabine at all and it's Sorana.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM   #592
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Now that Sanchez is handling the coaching duties, I guess Dr. Lisicki can focus more on making ice cream.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #593
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine Lisicki: How to serve at 130mph

How to serve at 130mph. Tips from Sabine Lisicki, who holds the record for the fastest serve in the women’s game.

The most important thing is rhythm. “This is the key to hitting a hard serve. Without rhythm, you will struggle. To get rhythm on your serve, you need to spend some time on the practice court, as when you’ve got it you can stand there on the baseline, just toss the ball up and just hit it hard as you can. It’s a nice thing knowing that you can serve at 130mph – it’s great to have the record – and I know it’s all about the rhythm.”

There are no short cuts – you have to practise. “I’ve hit thousands and thousands of serves, and you’re going to have to as well as if you want to get a faster serve.”

There are no special exercises for increasing your serve speed. “When I go to the gym, I’m working on my whole body. In tennis, you need to have strong core, strong trunk muscles, so that you can keep everything stable. And it helps to have strong legs, as that gives you power. But I don’t go to the gym trying to improve my serve speed. You have think about your whole body, and your whole game, not just one part of it.”

Don’t be fooled into thinking that power is everything, and that all you have to do is hit the ball as hard as possible. “Don’t make that mistake. You also need to think about where you’re directing the ball. There’s no point hitting it at full power towards your opponent’s racket as then it’s going to come right back at you just as fast. I mix it up, don’t always hit my first serves at full power. Sometimes it’s not possible anyway, because of the wind, but even in good conditions I don’t always go for full power. You want to keep your opponent guessing.”

http://www.thetennisspace.com/sabine...rve-at-130mph/
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #594
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Why does she do the opposite of what she is saying here?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #595
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Well definately she does the part about working hard at the gym and working on her whole body

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #596
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Why does she do the opposite of what she is saying here?
Exactly!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #597
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Well definately she does the part about working hard at the gym and working on her whole body
As everybody could see! Bine had also much improved her footwork, I hope it gets even better. More improvement in that maybe is the missing link for wins against player like Kirilinko or even better. All in all her service was working very well in Pattaya except the parts of final when she was out of order.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #598
country flag CillyUltra

Interview before Fed Cup tie against France (audio):

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/audio/...p-captain.aspx
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #599
country flag CillyUltra

Interview after the match against Parmentier (audio):

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/audio/...-2-0-lead.aspx
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #600
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

http://www.memphistennis.com/news/story-306
MEET WOMEN'S FINALIST SABINE LISICKI

No. 3 seed Sabine Lisicki is a fan favorite here in Memphis and around the world and is looking to conquer the indoor courts of the Racquet Club of Memphis. The hard-hitting German has been ranked as high as No. 12 in the world and made history, becoming the first female player to reach the Wimbledon semifinals as a wildcard in 2011. She reached the semifinals of the National Indoor in 2009 and tomorrow she will face repeat finalist Marina Erakovic on Stadium Court for the chance to become champion. The pleasant German sat down for an interview with Memphis Tennis on her thoughts of the tournament and answered other miscellaneous questions.

Interviewer: What about playing here (Memphis) do you enjoy so much? You’ve been here a few times so there has to be something you enjoy. Just what about Memphis and the Racquet Club do you enjoy so much?

Sabine: All the people are really nice here. That’s always something I like at tournaments. You know everyone working around here, so it just makes you feel comfortable. So I’ve been here, I think this is my 3rd time, so I know quite a few people so it’s just nice to come back, and indoor hard court suits my game pretty well I think. I like to have a change in weather as well. Cause we’re so much in warm weather that I sometimes miss being in the cold, so I’m a little bit sad that the tournament won’t be here next year.

Interviewer: As you know, the most famous German tennis player was Steffi Graf, but Germany has really seen a rebirth in tennis with you, Angelique Kerber, Julia Goerges, etc. Does the fact that they’ve come up with you make you want to work that much harder?

Sabine: Well I always had the dream and still have it to win a slam and be number one in the world and that won’t change with anything. It’s just nice to see all the girls, all the German girls, who are up there now. We’ve been playing when we were 12, 11, 13 years old together as well so I think that’s fantastic to see, you know, all five of us are up there now fighting for a good ranking.

Interviewer: You’ve had a pretty good start to the season. You had Caroline Wozniacki on the ropes in Australia and reached the finals in Pattaya City. What are your goals for the rest of the season?

Sabine: To win as many matches as possible. That’s my main goal. I didn’t win too many matches towards the end of last year because of injuries so that is definitely one goal and then to get my ranking back up there.

Interviewer: You’ve been as high as No. 12 in the world What do you think it’s going to take to get back there and to get back to the Wimbledon semifinals.

Sabine: (Laughing) winning matches

Interviewer: What about your game do you think you need to improve most?

Sabine: I think I am improving in quite a few aspects already. You know, having Ricardo Sanchez on my team now has been helping me a lot. It’s nice to see improvements starting to take effect in the matches. Sometimes when you are at the top there are only little things that matter to win or lose so obviously experience is helping a lot and I know that the ranking I have right now doesn’t reflect to what I am capable of. It’s just been very unlucky with last year when I’ve been injured a few times. Also with the Olympics, it makes the entire calendar full. I really wanted to play the Olympics and that’s why I reinjured myself and I had to miss after that. I don’t regret it. I almost got a medal, so I really wanted to be a part of that. It’s sometimes hard to see, ok you either get more injured or you should stop but you’re at the Olympics, first time so I really wanted to play and it’s just a matter of staying healthy and playing my tennis to get back up there where I was.

Interviewer: What would you say is the best victory in your career?

Sabine: There are quite a few in different stages obviously. A huge one for me was to beat Na Li at Wimbledon being double match point down. And she just won the French Open and I won 8-6 in the third set and went on to play the semifinals as a wildcard. So I think that was pretty good.

Interviewer: What do you think it will take to win this tournament and what would it mean to be the final winner of the women’s event in Memphis?

Sabine: That’s what we were actually talking about in the beginning of the tournament. It would be nice to be the last winner. But obviously I think every girl wants to win this tournament that’s here. So it’s never easy, but I think I just have to keep on playing well, serving well, especially indoors. When you have a big serve, it helps you a lot. I’m just looking forward to fighting in every match for every point and we will see where that brings me.
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote