Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!) - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #316
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

QR2: Alexandra Stevenson (USA) d. Katie Ruckert (USA) 62 62

Well done Lexy
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #317
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

yay, congrats lexy, two convincing wins in a row. now get that last one and get a main draw spot.

QR3: Alexandra Stevenson (USA) vs. Federica Grazioso (ITA)

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #318
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Alexandra!! A good chance to get into the MD!! GL Lexy!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #319
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
GL Sexy Lexy!! Please get a few wins!! and PLEASE DON'T HAVE A RET!!!!!!!!!!!

Her only title was her in Midland in 1998. Would be amazing to do it again!

Alex has a chance as Melichar has been on slump lately. They have never played.
Let's go Lexy! Just win ummmm 8 in a row like in 1998.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (41.2 KB, 13 views)
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #320
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Credit where it's due -- she hasn't won back-to-backs in a long time. Hopefully she can build on this and get serious if she's going to stay out there in the trenches. Biggest chance she'll probably get this year.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #321

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

seems like lexy qualified for the main draw. at least that's what it last said on the scoreboard. ironically, this time lexy didn't retire, but her opponent. anyway, congrats for three wins in a row. now keep building on that and please end this tournament without a retirement!

QR3: Stevenson def. Grazioso 31 ret.

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #322
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra has to play (8)Monica Puig(PUR).

Two of my faves playing each other... Gl Lexy.

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #323

gl lexy, get an upset and some more wins here!

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #324
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Too bad, because Stevenson out in a surprisingly decent effort against Puig. 7-5 6-4 is nothing to be ashamed of, and I didn't expect a score line that close -- mainly because Stevenson's qually wins were against very low-ranked players (Ruckert @ 907 in the world, etc.) ... Very hard to gauge form against competition like that.

But she won those matches and performed respectably here. The mystifying thing of it all is that she would have WON this match if she had been truly fit ... World-class fit. I was amazed to see that Stevenson is bigger than ever. It doesn't make sense, like so much of her career. Why in heaven's name has the woman not given herself every advantage by being in the best shape she can possibly attain? All it would cost is a gym membership and some serious discipline.

Alexandra's natural talent has always deserved better. If she got totally fitting fit, she would be ranked a lot higher than 527 in the world.

The six points she earned here will put her around 505, but now it is going to be just as tough for her to enter events above the 10K level, and outdoor hard-courts do not favor her lack of mobility at all. She seems to have developed some clay-court savvy ... Hopefully she will take confidence from solid play here and put in some time at the track, if not the gym.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #325
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lexy Still a great tournament overall and she didn't have a retirement...

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #326

stil a good tournament and no retirement in 4 matches. she played quite good against puig and her serve and groundstrokes were really impressive, i didn't expect that. what once more cost her a match was her lack of fitness. she made too many errors because of her lack of speed and good movement. but i've seen her playing a lot worse and being much slower, so this might be a good sign, so we'll see how she plays in the next weeks. but she's clearly not in a shape to be a top player again. but i hope she can get some confidence from this week and get some more wins! gl lexy, do your best.

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #327
country flag mikireturns

She's entered two really tough qualifying draws for outdoor 25Ks in Rancho Santa Fe,CA and Surprise, AZ, but those draws are tougher than the Midland 100K quallies, oddly enough. That's what she can try to do in February. In March there is virtually nothing -- not even 10Ks she can enter, unless she flies overseas (again) for a 10K.

Clearly she has her game back in some sort of working order, so if she can manage to get a few wins at these next two events, it would behoove her to spend the wasteland of time in March hitting the track/gym. In fact, it would be a great opportunity to even get a half-step quicker. A half-step quicker could well have made the difference for her in that match against Puig (who advanced again today at Midland).

She would have won that match, if she were in appropriate shape ... And a few more matches, I expect. It's senseless to see her not giving herself every possible advantage to do the things she claims to want to do in tennis.

I sometimes wonder if she is subconsciously punishing herself, like Monica Seles did, with the refusal to get seriously fit until AFTER retiring.

March, Stevenson. A great chance to work on fitness and come back in April to show people you can do much better out there, as long as you are apparently going to keep putting your neck on the line out there. Good luck for the intangibles of tennis (draws, conditions, injuries, etc.) but work HARD for the things you CAN control on the court. Empower yourself, girl.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #328
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
She's entered two really tough qualifying draws for outdoor 25Ks in Rancho Santa Fe,CA and Surprise, AZ, but those draws are tougher than the Midland 100K quallies, oddly enough. That's what she can try to do in February. In March there is virtually nothing -- not even 10Ks she can enter, unless she flies overseas (again) for a 10K.

Clearly she has her game back in some sort of working order, so if she can manage to get a few wins at these next two events, it would behoove her to spend the wasteland of time in March hitting the track/gym. In fact, it would be a great opportunity to even get a half-step quicker. A half-step quicker could well have made the difference for her in that match against Puig (who advanced again today at Midland).

She would have won that match, if she were in appropriate shape ... And a few more matches, I expect. It's senseless to see her not giving herself every possible advantage to do the things she claims to want to do in tennis.

I sometimes wonder if she is subconsciously punishing herself, like Monica Seles did, with the refusal to get seriously fit until AFTER retiring.

March, Stevenson. A great chance to work on fitness and come back in April to show people you can do much better out there, as long as you are apparently going to keep putting your neck on the line out there. Good luck for the intangibles of tennis (draws, conditions, injuries, etc.) but work HARD for the things you CAN control on the court. Empower yourself, girl.
Maybe a chance she just stays in the US and work on her fitness...

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #329
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Maybe a chance she just stays in the US and work on her fitness...
that's what his whole post is saying?!
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #330
country flag mikireturns

Hopefully she will indeed spend March ratcheting-up her physio. A month of serious workouts and, say, even 10 pounds lost could make crucial differences for her in some of these matches she really has the ability to win and should be winning.

It can be done.