Frederik - New TT Board Member - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #46
Andreas
секси
 
Andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,393
Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Ew I don't like what is happening to this game. MTF is full of TT nazis (experienced that yesterday). Don't want this game to end up as on there.

Paul and Ondrej, thanks for your hard work
__________________

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #47
country flag MH0861
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 13,913
MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
we can only thank you for what you've done for the game. some of the personal attacks on you have been totally ridiculous and those of us who have been around for a while know exactly what you've done and in exactly the spirit in which you have played the game, and it is exceptionally sad to be losing you.
Totally agree here, nothing else to add except an additional big thanks and huge appreciation for everything you've done for the game. The same goes for Ondrej - we are losing two great people on the board.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #48
coolfish1103
Senior Member
 
coolfish1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,582
coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Thank you for your hard work, In The Zone and Sexysova!

Maybe one day you will return
__________________
2013 Roma/Wimby/Cincy/Guangzhou/Istanbul Doubles Champion Hsieh Su-Wei 謝淑薇 & Peng Shuai 彭帥
2013 Wimby: Marion Bartoli def. Sloane Stephens 6-4 7-5 Kaia Kanepi def. Laura Robson 7-6(6) 7-5 | Quiet Please!
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #49
country flag sdtoot
Senior Member
 
sdtoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,484
sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Ew I don't like what is happening to this game. MTF is full of TT nazis (experienced that yesterday). Don't want this game to end up as on there.
Maybe a little extreme but it made me laugh..........I think I may add this to my signature.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #50
country flag sfar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 784
sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Ew I don't like what is happening to this game. MTF is full of TT nazis (experienced that yesterday). Don't want this game to end up as on there.

Paul and Ondrej, thanks for your hard work
What happened??
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #51
country flag sfar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 784
sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future
Re: TT Board Position Available - Apply Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
some more insulting language. oh good. listen adey, i've had PMs from more than one person who think that you have overstepped the mark in your dealings with certain people. several people are furious with the way in which they feel that you hounded ondrej off the board, and however much i disagree with the sentiment, you've seen posts yourself talking about tt being better before "mad people from mtf came and ruined it" etc. this was obviously directed at you.
Chris, maybe they're not talking about Adey when they say "mad people from mtf came and ruined it", maybe they're talking about me.

If you have a look at Adey's WTF join date you'll see that it's 'Dec 2008' while MTF join date is 'Jan 2009'. He's been playing here before he started playing in MTF, so he's not a newbie here, but I am.

Just to put my little opinion in all this mess, maybe Adey is not a great diplomat, I agree that sometimes he posts things without the 'filter mode' on, but the fact is that he says what many people think and nobody posts. And it's good to have someone doing this to move peoples minds, and not only to follow the herd.

For example, Ondrej's case: My feeling from what I read in the rankings thread is that he was tired of doing that job but he felt he had the duty of doing it just because he asumed the roll several years ago. It is difficult to say 'Hey, I'm not doing this anymore, let someone else do it', because all in all, you've been doing it for years. I think Adey has helped Ondrej to find the perfect argument to quit doing the rankings. And when Frederik's tired of doing it in a couple of years or more, I hope he's strong to say so and leave it to someone that really enjoys doing it. Even if he has to lend his 'child' to someone else, you know what I mean.

I do sincerely hope people don't have a bad feeling about people coming from MTF or any place at all, I entered WTF TT to enjoy the game and I do sincerely think that everyone who has joined the game from MTF is doing the same.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #52
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 10,150
AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
What happened??
He sent picks to the wrong manager - it was an inch high writing which manager to send to - and complained because picks were not accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
If you have a look at Adey's WTF join date you'll see that it's 'Dec 2008' while MTF join date is 'Jan 2009'. He's been playing here before he started playing in MTF, so he's not a newbie here, but I am.

Just to put my little opinion in all this mess, maybe Adey is not a great diplomat, I agree that sometimes he posts things without the 'filter mode' on, but the fact is that he says what many people think and nobody posts. And it's good to have someone doing this to move peoples minds, and not only to follow the herd.
I did in fact joke with Chris about that point.

Sergio knows me better than most, and there is possibly some truth in what he says re:filter mode.
__________________
Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 1) (High : 1)

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, (w/sfar QF WIMBLEDON), 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein

Last edited by AdeyC : Feb 7th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #53
Andreas
секси
 
Andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,393
Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
He sent picks to the wrong manager - it was an inch high writing which manager to send to - and complained because picks were not accepted.
Thankfully it's not like that here Everyone can make a mistake and send to the one posting the OOP, but it's common knowledge on TF that TT is just a game, run and played by people who have other commitments in life as well. I don't quite think you're on board with that idea.
__________________

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #54
country flag James
Sassy detective
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ryokan Hiei
Posts: 59,262
James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TT Board Position Available - Apply Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
but the fact is that he says what many people think and nobody posts. And it's good to have someone doing this to move peoples minds, and not only to follow the herd.
It's fine if people speak their minds, as long as they do it respectfully. People have different opinion, so nobody is forced to follow any herd (it's better if people think for themselves). I would not go as far as suggesting that he post what other people think. How would you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
For example, Ondrej's case: My feeling from what I read in the rankings thread is that he was tired of doing that job but he felt he had the duty of doing it just because he asumed the roll several years ago. It is difficult to say 'Hey, I'm not doing this anymore, let someone else do it', because all in all, you've been doing it for years. I think Adey has helped Ondrej to find the perfect argument to quit doing the rankings. And when Frederik's tired of doing it in a couple of years or more, I hope he's strong to say so and leave it to someone that really enjoys doing it. Even if he has to lend his 'child' to someone else, you know what I mean.
This is just interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
I do sincerely hope people don't have a bad feeling about people coming from MTF or any place at all, I entered WTF TT to enjoy the game and I do sincerely think that everyone who has joined the game from MTF is doing the same.
People from MTF playing is fine to me. As long as we realize that this is not MTF and the game here does not necessarily have to be the same as on there.
__________________


My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #55
country flag Frederik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20,052
Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Thankfully it's not like that here Everyone can make a mistake and send to the one posting the OOP, but it's common knowledge on TF that TT is just a game, run and played by people who have other commitments in life as well. I don't quite think you're on board with that idea.
Picks that are only sent to the person that posted the OOP don't count on TF (if that person is not the manager).

If that's what happened on MTF.

Last edited by Frederik : Feb 7th, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #56
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 10,150
AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Thankfully it's not like that here Everyone can make a mistake and send to the one posting the OOP, but it's common knowledge on TF that TT is just a game, run and played by people who have other commitments in life as well. I don't quite think you're on board with that idea.
Indeed - and if all players vote in a democratic poll for that to be a rule at the end of the year, it means that what the players want. Isn’t it the same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I would not go as far as suggesting that he post what other people think. How would you know?
For one thing we’ve known each other over a year, ran events together - I assisted him with the Entry List/Draw Maker testing, Facebook buddy.

Oh believe me I was – were this a Court Room and I was facing a death sentence I could provide evidence that would save me from the lethal injection were that necessary this very second.
__________________
Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 1) (High : 1)

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, (w/sfar QF WIMBLEDON), 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #57
country flag James
Sassy detective
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ryokan Hiei
Posts: 59,262
James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
For one thing we’ve known each other over a year, ran events together - I assisted him with the Entry List/Draw Maker testing, Facebook buddy.
I am sure he knows what you think. That is not what he said though. He said you posted what other people (besides you) think, there is no way he can know that.
__________________


My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #58
country flag sfar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 784
sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future
Re: TT Board Position Available - Apply Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Thankfully it's not like that here Everyone can make a mistake and send to the one posting the OOP, but it's common knowledge on TF that TT is just a game, run and played by people who have other commitments in life as well. I don't quite think you're on board with that idea.
Andreas, you know that sending to the wrong manager was allowed not long ago in MTF and the reason of making it more strict was because of the problems it caused sometimes. When those problems arise here, maybe you'll have a poll questioning about it in the off-season. But it's not a 'nazi' thing, it was voted in a poll and everyone decided in the off-season that it's better like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's fine if people speak their minds, as long as they do it respectfully. People have different opinion, so nobody is forced to follow any herd (it's better if people think for themselves). I would not go as far as suggesting that he post what other people think. How would you know?
Because I myself have thought about some things concerning TT but have never mentioned them because I thought it was a waste of time. You know, only 20%-30% of the people who actually play the game are active posters in the generic TT threads. Many just play the game and follow the rules, they don't care if there are minor changes to the game. That's what I meant with 'following the herd'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This is just interpretation.
Of course, these were my conclusions on that issue, not a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
People from MTF playing is fine to me. As long as we realize that this is not MTF and the game here does not necessarily have to be the same as on there.
I disagree. There are some rules that are not the same, maybe the way to decide a winner if there are no diffs and same SRs or who you have to send picks to, but the game basics is just the same and someone from MTF can start playing here without making newbie errors and viceversa.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #59
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 10,150
AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frederik - New TT Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I am sure he knows what you think. That is not what he said though. He said you posted what other people (besides you) think, there is no way he can know that.
He can because he discussed the likelihood with me of the then WTF Board's likely acceptance/agreement of him doing similar for WTF and I explained the situation as I saw it, along with the reasons.
__________________
Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 1) (High : 1)

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, (w/sfar QF WIMBLEDON), 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #60
country flag James
Sassy detective
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ryokan Hiei
Posts: 59,262
James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TT Board Position Available - Apply Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Because I myself have thought about some things concerning TT but have never mentioned them because I thought it was a waste of time. You know, only 20%-30% of the people who actually play the game are active posters in the generic TT threads. Many just play the game and follow the rules, they don't care if there are minor changes to the game. That's what I meant with 'following the herd'.
By all means mention them next time. Any proposal to improve the game is more than welcome.

I understand what you wanted to say better now. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Of course, these were my conclusions on that issue, not a fact.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
I disagree. There are some rules that are not the same, maybe the way to decide a winner if there are no diffs and same SRs or who you have to send picks to, but the game basics is just the same and someone from MTF can start playing here without making newbie errors and viceversa.
Of course the basics are the same. That will help MTF players to make the transition no doubt. Not every rule is the same however and it does not have to be. That is all I said. I don't think we really disagreed all that much there.
__________________


My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios