Articles and Interviews - Page 211 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3151
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Hopefully Sven & Darren can help her improve on area in her game she need too improve on like her FH, her serve & volley skills.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #3152
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Ultimately, it doesnt matter what happened since spring 2011. She could have been injured and off the tour like Serena & Maria were.
What matters is that she is still young, less than 3 years older than Stephens, who is considered to be just beginning her career.
So they have to put the past behind, and Caroline has to get mentally tougher.
She cant ever lose to Pervak or lose to Sveta on hardcourt. She has to play well all 3 sets, especially when she gets near the end of a set.

January left a lot to worry about, and Caroline has a lot of work ahead, if she ever wants to be considered an elite player again.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #3153
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki Boleh!
Expatriate Lifestyle caught up with Caroline Wozniacki right before the start of the BMW Malaysian Open about being in the WTA Top 10, life with Rory McIlroy, being under the paparazzi’s attention and her expectations for the tournament
http://www.expatriatelifestyle.com/f...ozniacki-Boleh

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3154
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Great Interview. Thanks for posting.
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #3155
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Wozniacki Boleh!
Expatriate Lifestyle caught up with Caroline Wozniacki right before the start of the BMW Malaysian Open about being in the WTA Top 10, life with Rory McIlroy, being under the paparazzi’s attention and her expectations for the tournament
http://www.expatriatelifestyle.com/f...ozniacki-Boleh

You are now being compared to Novak Djokovic after the Serena Williams episode. Can we expect some more antics on the court or during a press conference?
Definitely not haha! It got a lot more attention than I expected, so I won’t be doing that again. As I have mentioned before, Serena is one of my closest friends on tour so it was definitely not my intention to insult anyone. It was all fun and games but some people didn’t see it that way. Lesson learned!

backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #3156
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the Top: Caroline Wozniacki
http://www.cliveworld.com/people/bac...ine-wozniacki/

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #3157
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

How do you plan to get yourself back in the top 5?

I just need to stick to my game. I was too focused on changing my game this past year that I got away from my strengths. If I play my game, I am confident that I will get back into the Top 5.

As we observed.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #3158
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
How do you plan to get yourself back in the top 5?

I just need to stick to my game. I was too focused on changing my game this past year that I got away from my strengths. If I play my game, I am confident that I will get back into the Top 5.

As we observed.
Its not as simple as 'changing her game'.
This January she played 3 hardcourt tournaments and couldnt get thru the noncontenders in the early rounds in ANY of them.
She should be playing Vika, or Kerber or Maria, or Serena, or Li or Aga in almost every hardcourt tournament. She did that late last year. Lost to Aga & Kerber, won 2 titles
Lets see how this plays out. But this was her worst January in years. Last year she served for the match vs Aga then was 3 points from 1 set all vs Kim. This was much worse

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3159
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its not as simple as 'changing her game'.
This January she played 3 hardcourt tournaments and couldnt get thru the noncontenders in the early rounds in ANY of them.
She should be playing Vika, or Kerber or Maria, or Serena, or Li or Aga in almost every hardcourt tournament. She did that late last year. Lost to Aga & Kerber, won 2 titles
Lets see how this plays out. But this was her worst January in years. Last year she served for the match vs Aga then was 3 points from 1 set all vs Kim. This was much worse
Yes,the start of the season was no good but her explanation does make sense to me. Now she is probably at the point where she is trying to improve what she was once good at because those aspects of her game have got worse. I imagine that she has been trying to decrease the no. of errors as this has gone up so much last year.

Other than that my knowledge of tennis technique is too basic to know which areas she might be focusing on. I care only about the results anyway
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #3160
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

When you're trying to improve your weaknesses, you can't neglect your strengths along the way. Caro may have focused too much on certain areas that her strengths declined.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #3161
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
When you're trying to improve your weaknesses, you can't neglect your strengths along the way. Caro may have focused too much on certain areas that her strengths declined.
Caro never had a fulltime experienced coach these last 2 years. So its probably not a shock that when things fell apart, no one around her could stop the freefall.
Her game is still erratic. Even though some people think she played well at times in her 2nd loss to Sveta, I said in the scoring thread that her play in set 1 was embarrassing poor. You cant do that at a major, and she's only won 5 matches at the last 4 majors.
She has to get the fight back, to really want to win every match, not be in and out mentally.
You cant be down 16 15 to Kanepi at a major. When she wins only 4 matches in 3 hardcourt tournaments, they have so far to go, even before we start talking slam contender

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3162
country flag CWTennis

Wozniacki, Ivanovic win 1st-round matches in Qatar
http://www.tennischannel.com/news/Ne...x?newsid=12075
Quote:
DOHA, Qatar (AP) - Former top-ranked players Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic eased into the second round of the Qatar Open with straight-set victories Monday.
The 10th-ranked Wozniacki beat qualifier Mervana Jugic-Salkic 6-1, 6-2. The Dane had a poor start, losing her serve in the first game. But she broke right back and cruised from there, wrapping up the win in just over an hour.
The 13th-ranked Ivanovic beat Tamira Paszek 6-1, 6-2. Ivanovic broke the 26th-ranked Austrian twice in the first set, then saved three break points to go up 4-2 in the second. She broke Paszek again to make it 5-2 and sealed the victory when the Austrian hit a return long.
Wozniacki, a fourth-round loser in the Australian Open, said she felt comfortable against an opponent she had never faced.
``I just tried to focus on my own game and felt like I served well, returned well. I was happy,'' she said.
Wozniacki's father, Piotr, was courtside during the match, counseling her at one point. He returned to the role of coach after the U.S. Open and the 22-year-old Dane said she felt she ``needed the calmness'' of her inner circle. She fired coach Ricardo Sanchez a year ago after two months on the job.
``It felt like I needed just people around me that have always been there. That's the most important thing for me, that I don't start feeling unsure,'' she said. ``I have done so many great results, and I have been where I wanted to be. The main thing is that I have always had the people around me that I trust and a good team around me and people who know me very well. That was the choice I had to make again.''

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #3163
country flag CWTennis

Caroline Wozniacki talks with TenniShorts
http://www.tennishorts.com/2013/02/1...h-tennishorts/

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3164
country flag CWTennis

QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 11, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

DOHA, QATAR

C. WOZNIACKI/M. Jugic‑Salkic
6‑1, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. It looked like it went fairly easily out there. How did it feel?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, you know, it's always, as I have said before, it's tough to play a first match and tough to play an opponent you haven't played before.
I just tried to focus on my own game and felt like I served well, returned well. I was happy.

Q. More broadly, now you're top 10 and moving up. How does that feel coming back here? Qatar is a place obviously where you retained the No. 1 ranking in 2010 with the WTA Championship.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: To be honest, I don't really look at the rankings. I believe if I play well, the ranking will be there automatically. The most important thing is that I feel right now that I'm hitting the ball well. I can do what I want to do out there on court, and I have a purpose every time I step out there. So that's a good feeling to have.

Q. Who are you looking forward to playing against this tournament?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: My next opponent. I don't know who that is. To be honest, I just take one match at a time. I never look at the draw. So just play whoever is on the other side of the net.

Q. That was your first match in the Australian Open. For you, was it encouraging or frustrating to be so close to beat Svetlana at that point?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Not really, because I lost the match. So, you know...

Q. I mean, your level of play was encouraging. That's what I meant.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, the level of play I think was very good. It was very high from both of us.
I think I had a tough draw at the Australian Open from the first match, so I was happy to show the fighter spirit from myself and be able to step it up and play well in important moments. So, yeah, it was for sure.

Q. I see your dad's back courtside with you coaching. I know this is something that came out I guess a couple weeks ago, but what was the thinking in going back to your dad, and how does it feel to have him back courtside?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, he already actually was back after the US Open. You know, I felt like I needed the calmness, and it felt like I needed just people around me that have always been there. That's the most important thing for me, you know, that I don't start, you know, feeling unsure.
You know, I have done so many great results, and I have been where I wanted to be. You know, the main thing is that I have always had the people around me that I trust and a good team around me and people who know me very well.
So, for me, that was a choice that I had to make again.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86471

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3165
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...ed-stil-i-doha

According to this article, Caro also took pain killers, when the trainer re-strapped her ankle.

Bit worrying and could suggest, the larger-than-usual ankle strapping is more than just 'preventive'.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote