News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1096
country flag Austrianer1967

Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Rafa Comeback tomorrow 10 p.m live on supertennis!!
Austrianer1967 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #1097
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

we get fuck all of Doha not even highlights

Only Friday 1 QF then Sat/Sun
both channels got snooker
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #1098
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

we do get lots of Dubai though
Mon 10am-2pm on ES1
3pm-7pm on ES2
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1099
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Still a joke really TBE. We have had Doha in full every year on Eurosport, and now they change because I presume they don't care anymore now they're losing coverage.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1100
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

Bad news, but Eurosport's coverage was a joke, so it's not as big a blow as it might have been.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #1101
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
Unless you are happy with semis and finals, I think tennistv is the only option for Australia
Yes, you're probably on the money.
Eurosport Australia still hasn't returned my call. I shouldn't be too hard on them. They might have a new phone and be waiting for the on-site training.
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1102
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

This is really ridiculous, even channels which bought the rights are showing only QF, SF, F. Honestly this is a joke, is WTA so pround of the move? We will see when sponsors start to back off. No one will be interested in sponsoring product which is not promoted on television.

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #1103
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

What a fuck

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #1104
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaMJ View Post
This is really ridiculous, even channels which bought the rights are showing only QF, SF, F. Honestly this is a joke, is WTA so pround of the move? We will see when sponsors start to back off. No one will be interested in sponsoring product which is not promoted on television.
How much did Eurosport actually pay for the rights (if at all)?. Because lets face it they have them because BT Vision don't have a proper platform until July-August. I have a feeling Eurosport don't care because they have no real contract as such, so why does it matter to them to promote the sport. Snooker is the best of the other stuff they have (viewing figures wise) so they give it priority.

Obviously ultimately this is WTA's fault, they sold to a channel that have no platform to show the product on, a subscription channel starting from scratch that will initially have very few viewers. Unfortunately it seems the WTA has no long term plan, they take the quickest buck with no thought if it actually benefits long term.

This is made more ludicrous by the fact that Sky Sports were interested but BT Vision were willing to pay more (as they were desperate to get any old sport on their platform), despite the fact Sky Sports would have been a far better decision from a promotional stand point as we know they hype every sport they have through the roof, and constantly hammer it home on their 24/7 news channel.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1105
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice

I saw on Twitter that someone from Swedish Eurosport tweeted that Eurosport is gonna show WTA Barcelona, and the date mentioned was March 18...that really can't be right. The tournament is not even played and that date is way off.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1106
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't have a single fucking clue as to what MCS is. I basically have no coverage of tennis on TV right now, which is sad.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1107
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Serbia is still fcked up.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1108
country flag evija87

evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold evija87 is a splendid one to behold

No tennis on TV at all? I feel for you guys, it must be awful .
In Poland TVP has bought the rights, the matches are avaliable to much wider audience, like whole country in fact when on open channel but the commentary is very bad especially when Fibak is around and Fibak and Jonca combo is just dreadful, awful switch from Eurosport. But it's still better than nothing. I had to watch first tournaments via internet streams and I hate it. Hope they sort it out asap!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #1109
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

We dont get anything in Serbia
I watch streams
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #1110
country flag ozza

Overall what have WTA actually achieved from this change? Have they even got more money given the lack of any deal in many countries? Even if they have, they have alienated way too much of their audience. I almost get the feeling that they felt their product was worth a lot more than it actually was.