Journeywomens Days in the Sunshine - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #46
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Journeywomens Days in the Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
What about that chick who won the Australian Open once and it was her only title?
Chris O'Neil?
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #47
country flag Hardiansf

Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
If you know anything about Virginie's story, you probably would not have made that post.
And you think that Kathy Korvath didn't have the story?
Miss you Monica Wynne Angie Anna Chakvy Marion
Good luck also : Svetlana Li Na
Hardiansf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #48
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Chris O'Neil?
That's the little chickie I was thinking of. Not sure she's a journeywoman, but another one with one big stand-out performance.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #49
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Tell me her story.

I want to know.
She is a former top 20 player,with career wins over Henin(in a major!), Venus and Maria to name a few, has won WTA titles as well and made a couple GS Rd 16s....that's her story and why the Serena win was far from being her "moment in the sun"
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #50
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakarovaFan View Post
She is a former top 20 player,with career wins over Henin(in a major!), Venus and Maria to name a few, has won WTA titles as well and made a couple GS Rd 16s....that's her story and why the Serena win was far from being her "moment in the sun"
Cergy Pontoise is a major now?
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #51
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Do you think Justine has a "I Hate Kim" shrine with "Never Again" with a video playing of the '01 French Semi with that defaced picture in your avatar nearby? I think it's 50/50.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #52
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Chris O'Neil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
That's the little chickie I was thinking of. Not sure she's a journeywoman, but another one with one big stand-out performance.
That has to be the one. It was a weak field ( Sue Barker was #1 seed and she beat #8 Betsy Nagelson in the final), but nonetheless she won. Her career singles record was 19-52!! And it was her only WTA title.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #53
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Razzano has beaten Hingis and Kuznetsova (albeit pre USO 04) at majors too. And are people fogetting her Dubai and Eastbourne 09 runs? She's definitely hasn't had a journeywoman type career.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #54
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

In 10 years, who will remember she beat Hingis, Kuznetsova, Sharapova, Venus and Henin while these players were far from their peak form? Who will remember she won some MM tournaments and reached the final of Eastbourne and Dubai? NOBODY

She will remain remembered for the one who beat Serena in the first round of a slam for the first time a year after her partner passed away.

So yes, she is a journeywoman but that's ok. It's better than nothing.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #55
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Others:
Ruano def. Hingis WB round 1
Marrero def. ASV RG round 1
Stevenson semis WB
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #56
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't even win, but Rogowska playing Safina in 3 tough sets in the opening round of the 2009 USO. That match was great drama, and Olivia had me fooled, and I thought she'd be a great player by now. Never materialized.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #57
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Typo!! But she still beat Henin right!?......so it doesn't change the point of my message ,smh. And she beat Hingis and Kuznetsova majors so go grab a cookie.
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #58
MakarovaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.2812 View Post
In 10 years, who will remember she beat Hingis, Kuznetsova, Sharapova, Venus and Henin while these players were far from their peak form? Who will remember she won some MM tournaments and reached the final of Eastbourne and Dubai? NOBODY

She will remain remembered for the one who beat Serena in the first round of a slam for the first time a year after her partner passed away.

So yes, she is a journeywoman but that's ok. It's better than nothing.
Honestly In 10 years people WON'T remember who beat Serena,only that she lost to some random French girl.....therefore your logic is flawed. As it stands for Virginie and 95% of true tennis fans, she has had much more of a career than beating Serena to win a round in RG on CLAY.....beating Sharapova for France in Fed Cup or beating Venus WIlliams in a Final or beating world number 1/2 Safina en route to make a Tier 1 Final are probably just as memorable.

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #59
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
Anna Lapushchenkova beating world number 9 Azarenka in Stuttgart 2010.
oh yeah, she also beat safarova. is she still around?

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #60
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
Melanie Gloria (1000+) beating Daniela Hantuchova (32) in Quebec City 2004.
I'd just managed to forget this.

Thanks for reminding me

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote