Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #196
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

You and MercuriePL are really abominable and yucky sons of bitches.

Where did you get the chutzpah to be so disgusting about Mona anyway? Your beloved Aga is not exactly Miss Universe material, is she?
I still don't comprehend why you're making aggressive ad hominem attacks. Also this has nothing to do with who my fave is. What I'm saying is Mona is a young woman who is conscious of her appearance and she probably wants to look her best in photos. Like someone else has pointed out the photographs on her own website are photoshopped.
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #197
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drimal View Post
Problem is there alot of shalow people in this world who are just judging everybody by the looks. The whole photoshop mania is just making it worse in my eyes.

This board isn't that holy either as there are tons of juvenile posts making fun of Alizé's nose, Caro's forehead, Sabine's teeth etc.

Often the ones who make fun of others looks aren't that good looking either and are trying to hide their complexes by judging other people.
Absolutely.... you should go take a look in the Pictures of Yourself thread in non-tennis ... that certainly clarifies what you state
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #198
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

You know what is so awful, when Dinara was a bad pizza face, they did zero to help her as far as airbrushing but even this gal gets a hand from the WTA. Makes you wonder who runs that place.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #199
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
IF the wta has photoshopped mona what more proof do people need the wta is only intrested in the image and style of the players not their personalities and how they play. i mean this is a tour sponsored by a make up company.

the wta is all about sex, image and putting on a front, it is so annoying for real tennis fans.
Oh, come on! It's a nice thing to do!

You don't find any real pics of celebreties these days appart from paparazzi shoots...

So why not photoshop tennisplayers?
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #200
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is airbrushing site or promotional pictures of Mona or any other player , and another to airbrush pictures of Mona while she is playing tennis. There´s no need at all to airbrush prefectly fine on court pictures where she looks
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #201
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTs View Post
Shame.
And I'll never understand what's so ugly about Maria's freckles. I wish she'd expose them. Impossible to fit in everybody's tastes, so why not just be ourselves?
Nothing wrong with freckles. Apparently though her sponsors and fans prefer the doll image.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #202
country flag Paldias

Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future

It seems ludicrous that there is any debate about this: what the WTA doing is wrong. You don't see the ATP airbrushing some of their less than unfortunate looking players.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #203
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

At least there is consistency, for Mona photoshops her own website. It's understandable, for even she obviously wishes she didn't have the skin issue. My only concern with this issue is to understand whether it's being currently treated, for it is addressable, and whether it can be permanently dismissed. I don't know, for I've seen a few guys in the lockerroom at the health club, who have severe cases of acne, facially and bodily, and it is indeed a sight to see. However, I think if her mother or Mona herself will address it in some way so that the public has an understanding now that she's ascending and establishing a niche for herself on the Tour, then the issue will be put to rest, save for idiots bringing it up by making unkind remarks at an event on the Tour or constantly harping about it on message boards like this. Regardless, I'm most appreciative how Mona is not running from it, for after matches she willingly obliges the fans, i.e., men, women and children with autographs, camera shots and tarries for quite some time. So, she's not socially cowering and hiding from what she has. She's daring to dare and that's good on her.

http://mona-barthel.de/en/biografieen.html
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #204
country flag Hikikomori

Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice Hikikomori is just really nice

*bumpity*

I heard Mona conduct an interview on AO Radio this afternoon, she sounds like a very pleasant woman

I do wonder about her acne though, it really does detract on her more than all the other players, its not a vanity thing, but its the first thing people will notice and become the most uncomfortable about asking her, even more than how she plays tennis or even her own self as a person. Maybe she should take treatment (not accutane though - the side effects of that can sometimes be devastating)
Hikikomori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #205
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they did it 'cause she wanted it? Maybe she didn't, but liked it in the end. Maybe Aliens do exist. Maybe potatoes are not potatoes. Who cares? Oh the Internet...

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #206
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Acne is gross, period. It doesn't matter if it's on a woman or a man. I would not want an unflattering photo on anything people will see.

Taking out freckles, changing people's facial features, and things like that are a lot different than brushing out acne.
superstition is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #207
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Her face is fine but I am more worried about her skinny limbs

God what happened? She looks borderline anorexic
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian's) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #208
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
IF the wta has photoshopped mona what more proof do people need the wta is only intrested in the image and style of the players not their personalities and how they play. i mean this is a tour sponsored by a make up company.

the wta is all about sex, image and putting on a front, it is so annoying for real tennis fans.
I understand to a degree, but come on, practically everyone in the public eye is photoshopped or airbrushed these days! And many of the players seem quite happy to have airbrushed photos of themselves used for their own purposes - just take a look at Jelena's own photo on her AO profile! Truth is, these days 'attractive' players attract fans and without fans there would be no tournaments and no sport. And it's not just the women, the men are as bad - Nadal posing for lingerie? Yes, he does! Along with Beckham!
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #209
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I understand to a degree, but come on, practically everyone in the public eye is photoshopped or airbrushed these days! And many of the players seem quite happy to have airbrushed photos of themselves used for their own purposes - just take a look at Jelena's own photo on her AO profile! Truth is, these days 'attractive' players attract fans and without fans there would be no tournaments and no sport. And it's not just the women, the men are as bad - Nadal posing for lingerie? Yes, he does! Along with Beckham!
And regular people expect to have professional quality lighting and airbrushing for wedding portraits and things like that.

People want to look their best. The problem is not a bit of massaging of the image. The problem is when it's taken too far.

Just the lighting, angle, and expression in a photograph can make a big difference in how good someone looks -- even without Photoshop. I have done enough photography to know.

The problem is not presenting people with clear skin. The problem is when you start radically altering a person's proportions like this:

Or when the smoothing goes so far as to turn someone into plastic:

That one also shrunk her nose which changed the personality of her face quite a bit. These are the sorts of Photoshop changes that are negative -- not the removal of moles and acne.

This is the type of Photoshopping that I support:

It doesn't change the person's features. It just gets rid of wrinkles and gives the hair a bit more color. I would have left the wrinkles in a bit more (faintly) to give the cheeks a more natural look, but it's not a bad job unlike the examples above.

Last edited by superstition : Jan 15th, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
superstition is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote