Petra’s Fed Cup Campaigns - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #556
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra’s Fed Cup Campaigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Wrong again.

And I think you're interpreting it incorrectly.

If anything (what you highlighted), that just illustrates more, that Joe Willie is a choker and supremely inconsistent player.

Nonetheless, check out my updated version below (computer freaked out and I deleted original). And see if you still feel that way......You really shouldn't.

I'll highlight you an excerpt from below.

PS: And the lone GS final Tsonga played, was against Djokovic, who wasn't the Djokovic of today. so Tsonga had no excuse losing that. If Rafa or Roger would have played Djokovic
in that final, chances are they would have won the Australian that year.
I'm still feel the same. Petra didn't beat any real opposition in her wins too but Jo has some big wins at least. You based your argument on the fact that Petra some sort of consistent player or she can win more in the future, even in her GOAT year she chocked badly. In 08-09 breakthrough year for Jo everyone felt that he will stay in top4 and would win many slams but that didn't happened but he still has real slim chance to win at least one. Petra beat only two "real" top players in her GS win but Vika back then was even worst headcase than Dani and Pova was still coming back from her injury, right now i can't see how she can beat Serena, Vika, Masha and if NaNa fixes her head she can't win against her BFF either, basically she already on her way to turn into WTA version of Tsonga, flopping here and there while catching few lesser titles over the years.

If i turn my delusion mode off, i can't see Petra returning to TOP5 and catching big premier titles along the way or going deep in slams, even if she pulls her best preparation for 2013 season
Only titles she can catch is indoors or maybe some in Australia but if WTA continues own trend to slowing surfaces, she can loose her "indoor goat" nickname, slow-ass surface really hurts Petra
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #557
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PS:

What Petra did this year was a perfect example of our argument.

Vika, Maria and Serena dominated, and kept Petra out of Grand Slam finals this year. Right?

Nonetheless, Petra was able to win the equivalent of a Masters 1000 and a 500 (Montreal and New Haven). What did Tsonga win?

Petronius is/was right.

You can't compare the two. Tsonga is more inconsistent and more of a head case. It's just that Tsonga fans are probably so used to it now (whereas Petra fans are still hoping for a turnaround/improvement, in step with her 2011 campaign), in the near future.
Don't be ridicilous. Only Miami and IW is comparable to Masters 1000, neither Beijing or Madrid can come close to that, rest of WTA P5 mostly joke and some of them even can't be compared to ATP 500, this the saddest and worst thing about WTA tour, Stacy with her stupid money hunt and poor advertising of it's own tour made most tournaments irrelevant.

Who Petra beat in Montreal? Rena didn't even bothered to show up, Vika and Masha pulled out with fake injuries to properly rest and prepare before USO. New HAven was irrelevant and unnecessary, she proved herself by losing to Bartoli while playing the best tennis of her seasons or even career
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #558
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I'm still feel the same. Petra didn't beat any real opposition in her wins too but Jo has some big wins at least. You based your argument on the fact that Petra some sort of consistent player or she can win more in the future, even in her GOAT year she chocked badly. In 08-09 breakthrough year for Jo everyone felt that he will stay in top4 and would win many slams but that didn't happened but he still has real slim chance to win at least one. Petra beat only two "real" top players in her GS win but Vika back then was even worst headcase than Dani and Pova was still coming back from her injury, right now i can't see how she can beat Serena, Vika, Masha and if NaNa fixes her head she can't win against her BFF either, basically she already on her way to turn into WTA version of Tsonga, flopping here and there while catching few lesser titles over the years.

If i turn my delusion mode off, i can't see Petra returning to TOP5 and catching big premier titles along the way or going deep in slams, even if she pulls her best preparation for 2013 season
Only titles she can catch is indoors or maybe some in Australia but if WTA continues own trend to slowing surfaces, she can loose her "indoor goat" nickname, slow-ass surface really hurts Petra
What are you talking about?

Vika was excellent last year. If it wasn't for Petra, she would have 2 two more titles (including a YEC) and maybe a Grand Slam. Vika showed you nothing about being a head case last year. She just carried what she was doing in 2011 into 2012.

She was much better than Dani (as a head case) last year. What are you saying?

And don't bring up Pova either. Cause Pova made it to the finals of Wimby 2011. This year (except for the French Open--playing the diminutive Errani), Pova's been getting her butt kicked in finals this year, almost as bad as last year.

Don't confuse Petra's crappy year and team, with her potential to be better in the future. We don't know!

You're giving up already?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #559
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't be ridicilous. Only Miami and IW is comparable to Masters 1000, neither Beijing or Madrid can come close to that, rest of WTA P5 mostly joke and some of them even can't be compared to ATP 500, this the saddest and worst thing about WTA tour, Stacy with her stupid money hunt and poor advertising of it's own tour made most tournaments irrelevant.

Who Petra beat in Montreal? Rena didn't even bothered to show up, Vika and Masha pulled out with fake injuries to properly rest and prepare before USO. New HAven was irrelevant and unnecessary, she proved herself by losing to Bartoli while playing the best tennis of her seasons or even career
I don't get you?

How can you have 11 Masters 1000, then you denigrate the same WTA tournaments, that are Masters 1000's. Please explain?

I'm glad you asked that question regarding "who Petra beat".

Who did Tsonga beat and lose to in his Masters 1000's when he didn't play Big 4??.....That's his problem.

Like Petronius said, I've seen him win or lose to Berdych, Nalbandian, Llodra, Ivan L, DelPotro (post surgery in 2011) and many others, in the few finals he's gotten to. So stop making excuses for him.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #560
country flag Excelscior

PS Shifty, Petronius, etc.:

Since we're talking ATP (and I've been watching the Barclay's World Tour Final): Boy wouldn't it be great if Petra could really incorporate her slices, spins, drop shots, angles and volleys, even more so--like the way they do in the ATP?

She could be unbeatable, if she did!!

Sadly, I'm not sure if Petra would ever be able to fully realize that ability and strategy, unless she had a different coach.

I hope Kotyza, proves me wrong!
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #561
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
What are you talking about?

Vika was excellent last year. If it wasn't for Petra, she would have 2 two more titles (including a YEC) and maybe a Grand Slam. Vika showed you nothing about being a head case last year. She just carried what she was doing in 2011 into 2012.

She was much better than Dani (as a head case) last year. What are you saying?

And don't bring up Pova either. Cause Pova made it to the finals of Wimby 2011. This year (except for the French Open--playing the diminutive Errani), Pova's been getting her butt kicked in finals this year, almost as bad as last year.

Don't confuse Petra's crappy year and team, with her potential to be better in the future. We don't know!

You're giving up already?
You probably don't follow Vika that closely, she's unimaginable source of fuckery because of her temper, even this year she wasn't able to manage it that great, only after OG she really tone down Angryrenka until YEC, where she showed up, tho at least she didn't fell apart like she used to in the past

You can mock Pova how you want but Petra lost to her may times but won only once, yes she was beaten by Rena and Vika but she advanced deep enough to be beaten, while Petra failed to do so.

I will never give up on Petra but comparing her to Tsonga and remembering fate of all my faves made me look at Petra without delusion and i'm really disappointed but tomorrow i would be back to usual delusional self

Quote:
I don't get you?

How can you have 11 Masters 1000, then you denigrate the same WTA tournaments, that are Masters 1000's. Please explain?

I'm glad you asked that question regarding "who Petra beat".

Who did Tsonga beat and lose to in his Masters 1000's when he didn't play Big 4??.....That's his problem.

Like Petronius said, I've seen him win or lose to Berdych, Nalbandian, Llodra, Ivan L, DelPotro (post surgery in 2011) and many others, in the few finals he's gotten to. So stop making excuses for him.
Winning ATP Master 1000 title considered to be prestigious and hard no matter what, even if the field is complete joke. Winning PMs on WTA tour is not considered really that prestigious or hard and Beijing being complete joke. That was my point
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #562
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
You probably don't follow Vika that closely, she's unimaginable source of fuckery because of her temper, even this year she wasn't able to manage it that great, only after OG she really tone down Angryrenka until YEC, where she showed up, tho at least she didn't fell apart like she used to in the past

You can mock Pova how you want but Petra lost to her may times but won only once, yes she was beaten by Rena and Vika but she advanced deep enough to be beaten, while Petra failed to do so.

I will never give up on Petra but comparing her to Tsonga and remembering fate of all my faves made me look at Petra without delusion and i'm really disappointed but tomorrow i would be back to usual delusional self

Winning ATP Master 1000 title considered to be prestigious and hard no matter what, even if the field is complete joke. Winning PMs on WTA tour is not considered really that prestigious or hard and Beijing being complete joke. That was my point
You and I were both mainly talking about Vika's success last year--bridging into year. So why you bringing her up this year only? You trying to say she wasn't good this year?

Vika will always be involved in fuckery. The point is; when she played Petra last year, she just got her ass beat...There was none. So if Petra wasn't there, Vika would have won those titles. As I said, Vika's just continuing what she did last year, into this year.

Now, you're really not making sense. How could winning a Masters 1000 be hard even if the field (as you describe)"was a complete joke".

Am I missing something Shifty?? Why?

I'm a big ATP fan myself. But you are clearly showing your ATP bias all of a sudden (which also explains your Tsonga over Petra metaphor).

You can't tell me that historically Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Montreal, Madrid, Tokyo, and even Premiers--like Eastbourne and Stuttgart, are not top flight yearly tournaments.

Come on now.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #563
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just to change the discussion a little.

It's funny; every once in a while folks on GM or broadcasters try to compare ATP players to Petra. And the closest they usually come is either Del Potro or Federer. Neither are completely accurate. I think we found the balance though; Jerzy Janowicz of Poland.

Most of us, have probably never heard of him. He was a virtual unknown (probably still is) to many, until he made it to the finals of the ATP Masters 1000 in France during October 2012--beating Murray, Tipsarevic and Simone--among others--until losing to Ferrer in the finals. He murdered/bludgeoned all comers, till he ran out of gas as a qualifier in the finals (played 7 matches as a qualifier) against Ferrer, who he nonetheless could of beat/had his chances against.

How is he similar to Petra, you ask? He's a big, 21--soon to be 22 yr old guy (6'8"), that moves quite well for his height--with flexibility, that hits the ball incredibly hard (though his backhand is probably weaker than his forehand--unlike Petra), has a great serve (but not the best; top 2-5 maybe), who has a very good net game, with nice touch and feel. He's got a nice skill set, especially for a big guy.

And just like with Petra, you can tell still needs more refinement/better decision making to maximize his incredible potential. Nonetheless, I think he's the one that Petra could be most compared to (unless its' a top 4 comparison) at the moment.

He is now ranked #26. And I look forward to watching him in 2013, and hope he can continue his ascent up the rankings and recent excellent play.
Your premise was reasonably imaginative,but it was ruined by the ATP back-and-forth that you and Shifty carried on for two-plus pages.Let's face it,ATP guys are the most gutless-punk male athletes you'll find,outside of the single handful of the Slam elite...sort of like the multi-million dollar choker A-Rod who lost the respect of his manager AND teammates during the ALCS...it's a league full of man-purse-carrying Mark Sanchezes.

Your comparison above seems fairly well-thought-out,though I'm resistant to compare Petra to a man since it took her a while to outgrow ugly-duckling status into the beautiful babe she is today.Then again,at least you didn't compare her to Trophy Slut Gf again...or the vastly overrated,airbrained German Default Machine--who spends less time training than she does imagining excuses for her upcoming withdrawals.On deck for 2013: EFSEM....Excessive Follicular Split-end Manifestation and also the deadly HIRD.....Hiccup-Induced Respiratory Disorder...and,NO!,the pampering WTA website won't question EITHER of those defaults.

Does this guy at least play well when he has the sniffles??We'd like Petra's male counterpart to inspire her with a strong immune system

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #564
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Apparently team training starts tomorrow:

http://www.facebook.com/czechfedcupteam

Hopefully an inspiring week for Petule
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #565
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Petra KvitovaVerified ‏@Petra_Kvitova 3 Feb
Big congrats to the Czech Davis Cup team - crazy doubles yesterday! It's the girls' turn next
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #566
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Petra KvitovaVerified ‏@Petra_Kvitova 3 Feb
Big congrats to the Czech Davis Cup team - crazy doubles yesterday! It's the girls' turn next
God, I love this woman, but sometimes I just want to
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #567
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #568
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup is the 1 tournament I have full confidence in Petra.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #569
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Fed Cup is the 1 tournament I have full confidence in Petra.
Well, if she manages to all of a sudden start playing well again (even against scrubs), then we know it's all mental, and/or she doesn't care; at least with beating top 30-100 types the first three tournaments of the year.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #570
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Keep calm everyone!
Petra is wearing her lucky mackerel tights!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote