Debate: Venus Williams' Career Placement - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #121
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Debate: Venus Williams' Career Placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
and went on to defend both her titles at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. So what exactly is your point?

My point is that Henin dominated on the WTA tour for a longer period than Venus did and I think only the most ardent Venus stans would seriously try to deny that.
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #122
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
You're wrong. She lost in the 2nd round.

Venus OTOH lost in the first round in 2001 which according to some people here was during her domination period (and she lost 1:6,1:6 in the Slam before )
2r indeed, my bad. Then..Vee all hope is gone.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #123
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
My point is that Henin dominated on the WTA tour for a longer period than Venus did and I think only the most ardent Venus stans would seriously try to deny that.
Again what is the point? In all henin's domination Venus has earned more than her in the sport... You see? I can pull all sorts of irrelevant stats out of my ass too
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #124
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again what is the point? In all henin's domination Venus has earned more than her in the sport... You see? I can pull all sorts of irrelevant stats out of my ass too
Yeah I tried that one too but Matt01 is convinced only his stats are relevant.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #125
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

At the end of the day, it's not about the achievements but an image. Vee has a substantial one.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #126
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I was actually replying to another poster. I already knew that you are obsessed with money but I'm not interested.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #127
country flag Wilson_07

Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future

The sad thing about threads like this is that most posters here aren't able to discuss a topic about a player objectively. Everyone might have different opinions on things, but some people just don't like certain players and no matter what arguments there might be, they will never agree with anything.
If posters would at least argue in a respectful way. It always has to be provocative around here. It's easy to argue this way on an anonymous platform like the internet, because you guys don't have to look into each others faces, isn't it?
Wilson_07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #128
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson_07 View Post
The sad thing about threads like this is that most posters here aren't able to discuss a topic about a player objectively. Everyone might have different opinions on things, but some people just don't like certain players and no matter what arguments there might be, they will never agree with anything.
If posters would at least argue in a respectful way. It always has to be provocative around here. It's easy to argue this way on an anonymous platform like the internet, because you guys don't have to look into each others faces, isn't it?
Yup. Its easy to maintain e-ignorance. I for one am happy to have a legitimate debate on almost any issue but it never stays civil.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #129
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson_07 View Post

Yes, and it also works the other way since some people are so die-hard fans of a player that they would never admit that another player does at least one thing better than the player they are are adoring so much.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #130
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes, and it also works the other way since some people are so die-hard fans of a player that they would never admit that another player does at least one thing better than the player they are are adoring so much.
mirror fucking mirror
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #131
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Quote:

But why would it be so important to you to try to bang your beliefs into someones head that's just not buying it? What's the point? And do you honestly believe williams fans are gonna bow down to "the great Justine?"

From what we've seen for 15 years....sometimes other peoples accomplishments just aren't as impressive to us as you would think. What can I say?

The williams owned Wimbledon for over a decade and even your "great" couldn't penatrate that. You really believe that's gonna happen?

Hingis, Maria and Jennifer fans all thought they were the best and hey, they have that right. We didn't believe it though, and didn't try to bang it in their heads...

If you believe Justine is better than Venus, you can do that but my opinion was I would NEVER put her over Venus so playing tug of war is a waste of time.
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #132
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

My thoughts are....yeah she can play in the dirt
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #133
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
But why would it be so important to you to try to bang your beliefs into someones head that's just not buying it? What's the point? And do you honestly believe williams fans are gonna bow down to "the great Justine?"

From what we've seen for 15 years....sometimes other peoples accomplishments just aren't as impressive to us as you would think. What can I say?

The williams owned Wimbledon for over a decade and even your "great" couldn't penatrate that. You really believe that's gonna happen?

Hingis, Maria and Jennifer fans all thought they were the best and hey, they have that right. We didn't believe it though, and didn't try to bang it in their heads...

If you believe Justine is better than Venus, you can do that but my opinion was I would NEVER put her over Venus so playing tug of war is a waste of time.

Yeah, I've already noticed that argueing with you is pointless

But like it or not, that's not gonna prevent me from pointing out the obvious and relevant stats to reveal the delusions of some fans (to which you obviously belong to).
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #134
country flag Hardiansf

Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, I've already noticed that argueing with you is pointless

But like it or not, that's not gonna prevent me from pointing out the obvious and relevant stats to reveal the delusions of some fans (to which you obviously belong to).
And you obviously do not belong to, accoding to u, right?
Miss you Monica Wynne Angie Anna Chakvy Marion
Good luck also : Svetlana Li Na
Hardiansf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #135
country flag JLG

We watched the same matches as you though, so we know her capabilities. She was tough when she got in a groove and she was talented. Especially for her size.

But people here been trying to take something away from them from the beginning to such a degree that they don't even realize how good they really are. Or were

I'm not gonna say Justine is better because of that.