Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

In R1 of Midland, Mirjana plays Alexandra Mueller, a qualifier; she's ranked 481, with a CH ranking of 280, two and a half years ago.

This is a nice opportunity for Mirjana to pick up 18 points. Don't blow it!!!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #2
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

I think she has played Mueller before - I believe late in 2011. I think Mirjana won that match easily on outdoor hard. I've looked at the Midland Livestream. It's not bad - for a challenger livestream. The sound is messed up though - it verberates so you hear it twice.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #3
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

The schedule of play is out for tomorrow. MikiReturns will love this. Seed Mirjana Lucic is relegated to Court 3. Meanwhile, the immortal Qualifier - Alexandra Stevenson is second on Center Court. If you wanna watch Mirjana on Livestream, her doubles match is on Center Court tonight at 9 pm EST - about 2am in Europe.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #4
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Good luck to Mirjana against Mueller tomorrow; if she wins, she has Craybas and a possibly nice path onward in the event.

Of course Center Court accommodations will go to The Girl Who Invented the Wimbledon Quadruple-Curtsey. Watch carefully -- the Mother has probably arranged for a marching band, red carpet, a gospel choir, and a group of little children to simultaneously release white doves into the air the moment AS takes the court. Oh well, good luck to them all.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #5
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Ajmo
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #6
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Woof! Mirjana and Czink beat the top seeds in dubs, 4-6 7-6(4) 11-9

Great fight! Fans will take a nice dubs result like that.

Now to get that first singles win of the year under her belt. Then hit tricky Craybas off the court, hopefully.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #7
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Awesome!
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #8
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I tend to be very pessimistic about Mirjana's chances, yet I had a good feeling about this one--mostly because, individually, she and Czink are much more talented than their opponents.

In the QF, they play Glatch/Muhammed. This is no doubt a good chance to reach the SF, so please don't blow it.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #9
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the match. They were 4-6 2-5 and 6 MP'S down but came back. Mirjana played really great and she was by far the best player on court with over 10 return winners(mos from bh side). Also, she was happy and really into the match. She also had some nice volleys with touch, along with fher usual agressive volleys where she ends a point.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #10
country flag networthy

Thanks for the match report, ajmo. 2-5 and six match points?!?! Good grief--Marjana sure is addicted to drama! I'm glad I didn't watch or follow live scores.

Did they save any match points in the super TB? It was 11-9, so maybe they did?
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #11
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Thanks for the match report, ajmo. 2-5 and six match points?!?! Good grief--Marjana sure is addicted to drama! I'm glad I didn't watch or follow live scores.

Did they save any match points in the super TB? It was 11-9, so maybe they did?
No.
First set was really close but they just couldn't break, they were 0/7 on BP's. Other team took their chance as Czink served a double fault on a break point.
Second was a total broke fest. And they were losing close games, got down 2-5 and looked like it's all over, but came back and won a couple of deuce games with a deciding point. At 5-5 30-30 Czink served 2 DF's if I'm not wrong and they got broken again, but broke back on a deciding point for 6-6. In tb they were never in danger, Mirjana served a couple of serve winners, Czink with some good volleys and Lucic return won them the set.
In third they quickly got to 5-1 with serve but Czink played bad next 6 points. Yes, you could blame Mirjana for one or two but they got 5-7 down. Some good stuff from Mirjana and then also Melinda got them to 7-8. They won next two points with good play to go 9-8. After 9-9 Czink gets them next two points.
Mirjana was quite passive last two points, she seems scared to take a volley and was letting Melinda rally from the back of the court.
Otherwise she played really good, booming return winners both cc and down the line. Served could have been better. Anyway, Czink didn't seem much into while Mirjana was enjoying. There weren't many people but they seemed to be supporting Czink/Lucic-Baroni.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #12
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #13
ajmo!

Miki won 61 62, really good. never faced with a BP on her serve. Next Craybas
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #14
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck in next round, on live stream they said that Craybas looks in great form...
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #15
country flag mikireturns

Craybas is what, 36 or 37? She's a trouper with a lot of guile and experience and tricks up her sleeve. She knows how to win matches you think she can't possibly win. Mirjana will have to serve her bombs and play sharp first-strike tennis, basically taking Craybas off the court and out of position to construct points. Jill knows how to construct points well; Mirjana must expose Jill's age and not let her into the match. Hopefully the very nice power and authority she displayed today against Mueller will boost her resolve. THIS is the kind of form Mirjana has been capable of showing, due to her hard work off-season.

Great for her to get the year's first singles win. GL to her tomorrow. She should go out there and bully Craybas off the court.