Players who have other celebrity friends - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #76
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future
Re: Players who have other celebrity friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Define "celebrity". A celebrity in one country can be a nobody in another.
Each of the top tennis players is a celebrity in her own country and is having other friend celebrities of that country.
Unless you limit the word "celebrity" to the "US celebrity". Which is a quite common approach in the US.
To me Kim Kardashian is a nobody. A complete nobody.

Say, Kuznietsova is a friend with some Russian actor, or Hantuchova with some Slovak singer, or Radwanska with some Polish politician. Are they considered "celebrities" on this forum?
Why is Lochte called a "celebrity"? Yes, he won a gold medal in swimming, but so did tens of other swimmers all over the world. Are they "celebrities" too?

Or is this thread exclusively for the US?

--
There's no boundaries of what a celebrity is in this topic. It's for fun
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #77
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
There's no boundaries of what a celebrity is in this topic. It's for fun
In that case Radwanska has some Polish conservative politicians as her friends. Her father is an outspoken activist of the conservative pro-church party in Poland and Aga is sharing his views. I am sure she knows many of the high ranked church activists there.
Plus, she also knows practically all the top Polish athletes. It's not that we have many of them, and that's why it's so easy to know them all...
Another thing is that she is one of the top celebrities herself, so if there are other Polish celebrities then they actually look up to her, rather than the other way around...

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #78
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
In that case Radwanska has some Polish conservative politicians as her friends. Her father is an outspoken activist of the conservative pro-church party in Poland and Aga is sharing his views. I am sure she knows many of the high ranked church activists there.
Plus, she also knows practically all the top Polish athletes. It's not that we have many of them, and that's why it's so easy to know them all...
Another thing is that she is one of the top celebrities herself, so if there are other Polish celebrities then they actually look up to her, rather than the other way around...

--
We are happy to hear that.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #79
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players with Celebrity Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
Looks like some1 was a loner in HS, couldn't fit or was a social misfit Don't be jealous & blame others if you got a boring/dull personality (introvert) ...next time don't hate, just try to be who you are, if it doesn't work, try bungee jumping
Hate what? Serena being friends with Kim Kartrashian? I'd be totally embarrassed to be a friend of that wench.

One of the oddest replies on GM. Honey, take a chill pill. My comment was an adlib thought, don't read into it too much. The whole "Well I mean, I know this person, I know that person" mentality is very reminiscent of HS. If you haven't outgrown that mindset, regardless of where you were on the totem pole, then I feel sorry for you. I certainly was not expecting this defensive type of reply to my comment. How very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Someone here just started watching tennis?.Black Catsuit U.S.O Beyonce Jay Z front roll .Pure haters!!She perform on stage with her friend too!!!She's friends with Foxx and the fucking bow your ass .down to (Oprah). Well kiss my grits.
Well forgive me for not noticing that Beyonce went to a game over 10 bloody years ago! Do you have a receipt of them watching one since then? And the fact you brought up Oprah and the others just reeks of insecurity. I know Serena knows the others. But would you say Oprah is Serena's friend?

The reason why I've brought it up is because I've found it odd how I've seen Beyonce praising Serena, but I've never seen her at a match even though she watched the 2011 US Open Final between Rafa and Novak. Even if she did watch Serena in 2002, how come she hasn't watched in ages? It's obvious they're not THAT close. I am not doubting that they like each other but Serena is more close to Kelly Rowland, are you going to deny that?

You guys have just summed up why I am not a Serena stan and just a fan in a nutshell. Everything that could be interpreted as a diss when it is infact objective observance, against Serena is thus horrifically turned around and used against in the form of a 'Shut up hater' card. If you get called a hater just because you laugh at a joke about Serena and Shino being friends and suggest Beyonce and Serena are not that close... then my god... .

I like Serena in my own little way and don't have to prove anything. If you think, I'm a Serena hater, look the other way... cause I am not the one.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Petra the Lesser. Mugna Brothel. Back in Poland Lady Hagatha. CrybabyRena. Samantha-Jane. Simugna Help. Extremely Injured Guest. Angie Butchard. Duanvenport (BFCD). Sjogrenus. "Ajde!". NAh. Quitova. Rorylessniacki. Jie-Z. Jamie Hamstrung. LucieBB.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #80
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

[quote=Cetkovskán;24059906]Hate what? Serena being friends with Kim Kartrashian? I'd be totally embarrassed to be a friend of that wench.

Nobody knows who you are or what you do for a living, you could be a street corner s**t, a pedo, etc we don't know So stop finding comfort in judging lives of celebrities you personally know little about except on the news. You should be ashamed of yourself, you're no puritan by the show of your behavior here, take a hike

Last edited by ZeroSumGame : Feb 4th, 2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: additional infor
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #81
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post

Just brilliant. This photo screams for a caption.
JJ: "I like woodie"

Last edited by antonella : Feb 5th, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
antonella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #82
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Well I took pictures with celebrities, does that mean I have a celebrity friend?
This, and a thousand times this!

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #83
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
Maria with Camilla:
Heartbreaking celebrity break up.
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #84
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Any player make new celebrity friends?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #85
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You bumped old, useless thread to post THAT ?

saint2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #86
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

And here I thought sponsorships deals, google searches, WTA website clicks or dancing with somebody on something were the most meaningless breast-enhancements to actual on-court success, but how many celebrity friends does your fave have really takes the cake.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #87
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, Martha's been hanging out with Jessica Paré lately

Old Dec 16th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #88
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Ciara was in the Williams box at the USO '11, surprised she hasn't been mentioned
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #89
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova is friend with Chelsea Handler now
Jankovic is friends with Stacey Allaster
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #90
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I use "celebrity" almost as an insult. Like about Paris Hilton or a Kardashian. Someone who isn't known for anything other than being known.