Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #916
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Aftermatch interview

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/...061939981.html

She most probably will have a birthday party in the evening with Angie.
Can someone translate the important points?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #917
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

A letter from Julia to Sam's fans:

Quote:
For all those Aussies worried about how Sam Stosur is feeling after her shock Round 2 exit on Wednesday – don’t.

Sammy is fine. I know because I’m her doubles partner and we played and won together yesterday.

She’s in good spirits and now she just wants to give her very best on the doubles court in front of her home crowd.

Sammy is such a nice girl. We’re really good friends and while I didn’t see her on Wednesday, when I saw her yesterday she was back in good spirits.

It was 40 degrees yesterday but the crowd came and stayed to watch us play and cheered us on and we appreciated that.

Am I disappointed Sam lost to Jie Zheng? Absolutely!

I would have played Sammy in the singles, which would have been very exciting.

I was really looking forward to it. It probably would have been the night session at Rod Laver Arena and it’s always a pleasure playing Sam.

Instead I played Zheng today and, like Zheng did to Sam, came back and snatched victory after falling well behind in the third set.

Will Sammy be glad I knocked out her conqueror?

No. She’s too nice for that. She’s not the type of girl to think: “OK, she beat me so now you must beat her for me”.

Personally, I can’t wait for Sunday now. I’m through to the final 16 and set for a huge showdown with China’s Li Na.

She’s a Grand Slam winner – but we don’t have to dwell on that!

I don’t focus on my opponents too much, I just want to focus on my game. I’ve got a huge serve and big forehand and it’s the second-straight year I’ve played in the second week here.

Hopefully I can go one better and keep rolling along.

Does this sound confident or what?
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #918
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Can someone translate the important points?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
There is nothing very special said.
Of course it`s all about being happy about reaching the round of last 16 once again and the way she played and pulled it out in the end.
How could she tell something different ?
And she mentions that her fitness coach will start a party in the evening. Angie will join it or they are maybe having a party somewhere else also.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #919

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
A letter from Julia to Sam's fans:

Does this sound confident or what?
But also realistic.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #920
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Goerges fights back to edge Zheng

What makes me special: Julia Goerges
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #921
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Einer meiner wichtigsten Siege (One of my most important wins)
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #922

^^^
Btw., the NDR is the local Northern German radio station of the ARD, the first public broadcast coorporation in Germany after the war. It can be somehow compared to the BBC of Great Britain.

Not to take everything she says with a pitch of salt, but it catches the eye , that Julia is in some points still is very indifferent in her answers.
It`s also interesting to compare it to similar statements of writen interviews.

On the little bold but well-meant question at 1:25 what the Julia of 2013 has changed and why she will reach the quarter finals at Melbourne, she answers -.
"Ehrrmm,(smiling)... well I`m working with my coach often, or very much on consistency,.. or on things that I want to play, it doesn`t matter whether it comes to a positive or negativ end, I`ve been working on that ..in the last years as well, but I did not yet ..get it across that I can play my game the whole time howsoever your opponent is playing, ..and it is important for me to see that I got rewarded for that today, and ... it was an important win for me."
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #923
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

A local press report about the exibition near Koblenz.

Eröffnungsfeier: Tennisstar Julia Görges spielt in der Moorsberghalle

"Ich mag solche Termine. Denn sie sind mal eine nette Abwechslung zum Turnieralltag auf der Profitour", sagte Görges, die sich nicht nur mit ihrer Herzlichkeit und ihrem ansteckenden Lächeln sehr viele Freunde in Höhr-Grenzhausen machte. Denn nach dem Schaukampf nahm sich die 24-Jährige dann auch noch lange Zeit, um sämtliche Autogramm- und Fotowünsche zur vollen Zufriedenheit von klein und groß zu erfüllen.

"I like such appointments. Because they are a nice variation to the tournament routine of the pro tour", said Görges who made many friends in Höhr-Grenzhausen not only with her warmth and her infectious smile. Since after the exibition fight she took long time as well to fulfil all autograph and photo wishes to the utmost satisfaction of young and old.

Last edited by CillyUltra : Jan 27th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #924
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Base Tennis@BaseTennis
@juliagoerges what a fantastic role model u r. The people couldn't believe how genuine n down to earth u r. Thank you from all of us at base
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #925
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

2013 Baseline Award Winners

Fashion Icon: Julia Goerges
The German top-20 player went from an afterthought at Nike to headliner for Fila, and looked great in the Italian marque’s retro-inspired separates.

http://www.onthebaseline.com/2013/01...award-winners/
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #926
country flag KatjaS

Julia Goerges ended her powerful partnership with Nike to join Italian manufacturer, Fila. Fila is struggling to cope with Kim's withdrawal, so Julia's arrival comes at the best moment. Remaining faithful to the brand's trademark style, the German wore a nice all-blue ensemble, which perfectly complimented her beautiful eyes.

http://tennismoods.blogspot.de/2013/....html?spref=tw
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #927
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so much "reduction" (is that a word?) on optical issues on this website.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #928
country flag KatjaS

Yeah, pretty pointless. Just posted it for the sake of completeness.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #929
country flag CillyUltra

Fila Tennis@TennisFilaUSA
@OnTheBaseline @juliagoerges Glad you love the #tennis gear Julia
is wearing! Wait until you see the line @BNPPARIBASOPEN #TeamFila
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #930
country flag KatjaS

blog about Julia supposedly not written by mk27 (german)

Last edited by KatjaS : Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.