Maria in Pattaya - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM   #271
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future
Re: Maria in Pattaya

She's awesome.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #272
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomareva View Post
The face tells it all
I think this is arguably the best Makiri photo I have ever seen! There is such joy such relief in her face. The final against Lisicki was always going to be difficult for Kiri because of Sabine's big serve and overall power game. And they had not played each other for almost 5 years. Lots of ups and downs in this match. But in the end Maria won and deservedly so. Perhaps having straight set win in the QF and SF helped Maria today because last year Kiri had a brutally tough SF win over Cirstea and that draining match cost her in that long final against Hantuchova. I bet Maris knew that Sabine beat Sharapova at Wimbledon lasdt year and almost beat her at the Olympics too. I bet Maria was ready fro Sabine and did not pay any attention to her misleading ranking.

Kiri heading for the top 10. If and when Kirilenko makes the top 10 it will be well deserved because she is a true warrior of the WTA Tour. She trains hard, plays hard and has shown up to play worldwide for 10 years. Oh and by the way Kiri's all court game is superb. That is not debatable.

On a side note Makiri snd Sabine should be doubles partners. They would be a dynamic team and a great combination of finesse (Kirilenko) and power (Lisicki).

P.S. - Kiri must be so relieved to have finally won a singles title again. Her first since 2008. She really needed this title and she got it even though it nearly slipped away. Like I have said before it is time to expect more from Maria as far as titles go. If she stays healthy she should be able to win titles occasionally. I mean Wozniacki and Radwanksa win a few titles a year. I hope Kiri can add another title or 2 this year. We shall see.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:10 PM   #273
country flag misH@

misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light

Since her last tournament victory she has lost four finals, including the 2012 Pattaya final to Daniela Hantuchova.

"I had a birthday before the tournament started and had a cake in my room with some candles, and I made a wish," said Kirilenko, who turned 26 on January 25.

"The wish was to win this tournament and the wish came true."

"I was a little disappointed in the third set," said Kirilenko.

"I was leading and everything was good and I made a return that was just out. If it was in I could win it 6-2, but after that miss she was serving so well afterwards.

"Then somehow I returned her serves (at 6-5) and it was a tiebreak and then I started to feel I can win it."
Genie Bouchard
misH@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:13 PM   #274
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Last game of 3rd set on 6-5 and the tie-break were so intense.
Thank you Maria, I'm very happy.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM   #275
country flag misH@

misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light misH@ is a glorious beacon of light

Can someone upload photos of last titles of Kiri in her Championship thread?
Genie Bouchard
misH@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #276
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misH@ View Post
Since her last tournament victory she has lost four finals, including the 2012 Pattaya final to Daniela Hantuchova.

"I had a birthday before the tournament started and had a cake in my room with some candles, and I made a wish," said Kirilenko, who turned 26 on January 25.

"The wish was to win this tournament and the wish came true."

"I was a little disappointed in the third set," said Kirilenko.

"I was leading and everything was good and I made a return that was just out. If it was in I could win it 6-2, but after that miss she was serving so well afterwards.

"Then somehow I returned her serves (at 6-5) and it was a tiebreak and then I started to feel I can win it."
Cute words about her birthday wish.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM   #277
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations! So happy for her I hope she uses this as a confidence booster and guns for the top 10 by the end of the year.

Onto Moscow and Doha next. Btw does anyone know her full schedule this year?
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #278
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

Its so nice to see Maria win this title, It has been such a long time. This should give her a big confidence boost for the rest of the year.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #279
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

YESSS, Maria did it!!!!
I can't tell you how happy I am
ladies and gentlemen, Maria Kirilenko is the new Pattaya champion

I couldn't watch the live-stream as I had to work today, and maybe that was better for me!
What a nailbiter, I had to check the live-scores on my smartphone almost every second! I was so nervous!

It was a real rollercoaster, first she lost the first set after she was a break up...then a convincing second set to level things up, 1 set all
she had a great start into the last set then, she even had the opportunity for a comfortable 4-0 and doublebreak there...
then it was 5-2* and 40-15, 2 MP's for Kiri....I already was like YES YES YES
but sabine suddenly found back into the match, 4 games in a row from then to take a *6-5 lead, she was serving for the match!
I was completely down, I thought it was all over, I went crazy, I felt so helpless ...but another comeback from Maria then, to reach the tiebreak!
and there she was impressive, 7-1 wooow!!! THANKS KIRI!!! the way she won today makes it even sweeter

What a great day! Her pics with the trophy are just...
She deserves that title so much, it can be so important for the rest of the season. The ice is broken, now she knows that she can win titles again! She really can win another title this season now!
Some fantastic moments for her throughout this tournament, it really will give her a confidence boost...

oh, and her birthday wishes....they came true! so cute

So I am going to watch the whole match on youtube now

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:32 PM   #280
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
I couldn't watch the live-stream as I had to work today, and maybe that was better for me!
What a nailbiter, I had to check the live-scores on my smartphone almost every second! I was so nervous!
You you can say it loud, I started to be tachycardic during the tiebreak (), I wanted to see her winning the title so bad.
Luckily everything went right at the end.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #281
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Congrats Maria!!! Much deserved title. This should give her a huge amount of confidence boost for the rest of the year. Not only beating a really good player in the final, but ending her title drought. I hope she keeps up these results. she is heading for the top ten!!!!
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #282
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Maria

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #283
the cat

The Pattaya tournament had some odd statistics that's for sure. In the final Lisicki was credited with only 11 winners but I counted 27 on the video package of the final on Youtube. And the highlights did not show all the points so Lisicki probably had alot more than 27 winners. It looked like a fun up and down final that Makiri fought hard to win.

Last edited by the cat : Feb 4th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #284
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
The Pattaya tournament had some odd statistics that's for sure. In the final Lisicki was credited with only 11 winners but I counted 27 on the video package of the final on Youtube. And the highlights did not show all the points so Lisicki probably had alot more than 27 winners. It looked like a fun up and down final that Makiri fought hard to win.
Statistical surveys (is it correct in english?) are often a mess.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #285
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
Statistical surveys (is it correct in english?) are often a mess.
Indeed in these MM tournaments, UE/W stats mean nothing. In Slams or important tournaments it's more accurate, I remember making my own stats watching a RG match (a long time ago, it was a Safin match) and it was very close to the official stats.