77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:32 PM   #211
country flag DemWilliamsGulls

DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

At first I only support gay unions because the bible says marriage is between a woman and a man. But then I had to rethink, I don't believe every single thing in the bible. (homosexuality as a negativity in particular) so ...i've always felt that Love is love no matter what sex so...if you want to marry the person you love.....DO IT. I doubt I ever marry a man, but I know if I ever find the man I love like that, I would want to have that option.
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #212
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Is the social not natural though, being a circumstance of natural environment? I agree with your other points, though. I just think that the natural/social distinction is a bad one.
I suppose in this case what's natural has been built through social development. As in, the preferred family construction for generation has been a mom and a dad. So, for sure, when you've been indoctrinated to idealized that set-up, it's only natural that you'll want that, because you've never been exposed to the alternative. But you're not born wanting heterosexual parents. You need a sperm and an egg to make life; nothing out there says that in order for a child to develop into a well-adjusted, happy person, that the owners of that egg and sperm have to raise that child. People think that that's what you need because they've been fed that ideology.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:54 PM   #213
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Gay parents isn't a problem. People say that it is because the child might get bullied at school but if more and more gays start to adopt then a social evolution would take place where it will slowly become more and more normal for a kid to have 2 dads or 2 mothers. Then there would be no bullying because it would just seem like a 'norm'.
heavyhorse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:54 PM   #214
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
I thought by natural, he meant "innate".
What do you mean by innate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
I suppose in this case what's natural has been built through social development. As in, the preferred family construction for generation has been a mom and a dad. So, for sure, when you've been indoctrinated to idealized that set-up, it's only natural that you'll want that, because you've never been exposed to the alternative. But you're not born wanting heterosexual parents. You need a sperm and an egg to make life; nothing out there says that in order for a child to develop into a well-adjusted, happy person, that the owners of that egg and sperm have to raise that child. People think that that's what you need because they've been fed that ideology.
I agree. Most of us have been indoctrinated by millennia of human experience to see the family in certain particular configurations. As our social circumstances shift and change, so will our perceptions.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:03 PM   #215
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
Gay parents isn't a problem. People say that it is because the child might get bullied at school but if more and more gays start to adopt then a social evolution would take place where it will slowly become more and more normal for a kid to have 2 dads or 2 mothers. Then there would be no bullying because it would just seem like a 'norm'.
gays are about 5% , so it will never be more and more normal.... Being tolerant for adults migh become normal , but children bulling someone who is not like them is what is really "normal"

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM   #216
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
gays are about 5% , so it will never be more and more normal.... Being tolerant for adults migh become normal , but children bulling someone who is not like them is what is really "normal"
Mixed race children are bullied for having parents of different races. Should interracial marriage be stopped too, for the sake of the children?

Humans are a resilient species. Bullying won't kill them.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #217
country flag Ziggy Starduck
No Place

Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Really? 5%? Children will bully each other for whatever reason regardless of what their parental makeup is.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:25 PM   #218
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean by innate?
Not learned from experience, i.e., present at birth.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #219
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of bullied childs are raised by straight parents, shouldn't straight people be forbiden to raise children being the situation like that? I mean that's the logical.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #220
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mixed race children are bullied for having parents of different races. Should interracial marriage be stopped too, for the sake of the children?

Humans are a resilient species. Bullying won't kill them.
I agree with you, but just to add something else to that. Children are even bullied for having fat or ugly attractive parents. However you shouldn't ban fat/ugly people from having children too.

Proper parenting prevents their children being bullies.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #221
country flag McPie
Loud & Clear

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

well, as a translator, I still waiting to see that one day I might get the gay marriage translation fall into my hands to translated it and legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand

and most of all, I hope some of those translations would come from TennisForum

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #222
country flag ToopsTame

ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future

Lol at the bullying argument. Don't tell us to not adopt kids because they'd be bullied. Raise your kids better so that they don't become bullies.
ToopsTame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #223
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

I really don't care about gay marriages as long as they don't have church weddings.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #224
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToopsTame View Post
Lol at the bullying argument. Don't tell us to not adopt kids because they'd be bullied. Raise your kids better so that they don't become bullies.
Studies have shown that children of gay couples aren't bullied any more frequently than the children of straight couples. They're bullied because of their parents more frequently, but that's indicative of bullies picking something to teas a kid about that they were going to tease anyway. Translation if Bullied Billy wasn't getting bullied because he has two dads he'd be getting bullied because he's fat, or wears glasses, or whatever other reason that gives easy ammunition...
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #225
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't have gay parents, you wouldn't be getting bullied. What kind of dumb ass perspective is that? If your parents actually raised you right, you wouldn't be bullying others is more like it.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote