News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1081
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
A quick question if ES isn't showing it will we still get streams via MCS or the other EU broadcasters?
I don't know about other EU broadcasting schedules because they also sound all over the place. There 100% will be streams from Day 1 Monday. TennisTV have coverage listed from Monday. Bet365 have streams listed from Monday. Local television (Al-Jazeera?) have coverage from Monday. There will be streams in the usual places if you do not have access to any of those directly.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM   #1082
country flag Luckyhell

Luckyhell is an unknown quantity at this point

jazeera sport tv schedule don't report anything about doha
http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv

not even MCS!
Luckyhell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1083
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you see that? I can't find any schedule on that website more than a week ahead of current time?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1084
country flag Luckyhell

Luckyhell is an unknown quantity at this point

klick on TV CHANNELS at the right of LIVE EVENTS
Luckyhell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1085
country flag ozza

But that doesn't go up to the 11th February for me (which is when Doha starts)?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:03 PM   #1086
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
A quick question if ES isn't showing it will we still get streams via MCS or the other EU broadcasters?
MCS Tennis debuts on February 18th.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1087
country flag crystal ball

crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold crystal ball is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
But whatever it is, is not even being aired live? How can it be that important if it's not being aired live? There is also no way British Eurosport (bare in mind British Eurosport is separate from Int'l Eurosport) are getting more viewers for the Dakar Rally than the tennis. It was a bad business decision.
Well, it's never aired live, because of the specific of this kind of rallies. It doesn't change the fact that people watch it to see what happened on the given day of the rally. I myself watched it almost every day. It would be disloyal to the fans of motorsport to make them wait until after midnight for this program and then say - sorry, we'll show it sometime else, because some tennis match starts. It's not a final or anything, but still tennis is more relevant than your favourite sport, so get lost
crystal ball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM   #1088
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

I have no doubt that it is time for a board spill at the WTA! Moderators and users of social media - unite! Unseat those fucks with a relentless campaign to expose their incompetance. It can be done - especially through social media in today's world. On the face of it, this coverage rights bungle by the WTA, which shafts viewers of the WTA tour everywhere, is a bloody whopper that could whip up a huge international media storm against the WTA board and management. That women would be the first to go and good riddance - regardless of what cozy little relationships have developed and between whom over the years. Heads have rolled for less
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:17 AM   #1089
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokisit View Post
I have no doubt that it is time for a board spill at the WTA! Moderators and users of social media - unite! Unseat those fucks with a relentless campaign to expose their incompetance. It can be done - especially through social media in today's world. On the face of it, this coverage rights bungle by the WTA, which shafts viewers of the WTA tour everywhere, is a bloody whopper that could whip up a huge international media storm against the WTA board and management. That women would be the first to go and good riddance - regardless of what cozy little relationships have developed and between whom over the years. Heads have rolled for less
Tennis is not popular enough for this - sadly.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1090
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Good coverage on new danish TV3 Sport 2 from Doha

Mon-Thursday 13:30 - 21:30CET
Semis and Finals

As it unknown who can watch the new channel some matches are shown re-Live on TV3 Sport 1 every day at 12:00 noon.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 PM   #1091
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Tennis is not popular enough for this - sadly.
Damn

I'm still waiting for a call back from Eurosport Australia for any info I can squeeze out of them. Nevertheless, you guys may well know more about what's going on than them. If you tweet, perhaps ask Sir Richard Branson a question about what's going on. He takes questions and he is on the WTA Tennis Global Advisory Council. He might at least be prepared to help with timeframes.

Last edited by Dokisit : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #1092
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold Kooyong is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokisit View Post
Damn

I'm still waiting for a call back from Eurosport Australia for any info I can squeeze out of them. Nevertheless, you guys may well know more about what's going on than them. If you tweet, perhaps ask Sir Richard Branson a question about what's going on. He takes questions and he is on the WTA Tennis Global Advisory Council. He might at least be prepared to help with timeframes.
I would appreciate if you could provide any feedback from Eurosport Australia.

I'm not surprised that they haven shown much of Paris but Doha and Dubui have been well covered in recent years.

I saw a long Eurosport ad promoting upcoming sport and there was no mention of Tennis.

Winter sports, diamond league, motorsports, rugby and football were mentioned.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #1093
country flag Dokisit

Thy will be done
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1094
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Unless you are happy with semis and finals, I think tennistv is the only option for Australia

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #1095
country flag Austrianer1967

Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light

Al jazeera Sports + 8 beginns the Live coverage on Monday 1.30 p.m- from doha
Austrianer1967 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote