Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM   #1711
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

I`m just happy with the way she got through this.
Attitude-wise it was one of her best performances I`ve ever seen from her and this win could be very worthy for her further career.
Her new coach might play a role in that context.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1712
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

No Coach in Doha and Dubai but again in Indian Wells and Miami.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1713
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
No Coach in Doha and Dubai but again in Indian Wells and Miami.
Hope she can have him as a full time coach soon.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1714

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Yes. I like him.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM   #1715
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Important win. Hope she learned sty. and is able to avoid the choke against the next Top 5 Player.
I dont think that it was that much of a choke today. I have seen really worse from Mona in that department. Errani played very well on three of the four matchpoints so she deserves credit for that. A big time choking Mona would have never been able to play that well after 2:3 in the tiebreak. And don't forget she took the fourth matchpoint after a longer rally with a cracking forehand winner down the line.

What Mona may have learned today is that she is still able to stay focussed and win the match later even after not converting some matchpoints against a mentally very strong opponent. I think this is a very worthy experience for her.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #1716
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
And in YEC Race ? Mona will finish 2013 in Top 10
At #7
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1717
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
50 unforced errors is quite a lot but 53 winners is also pretty great. I'm glad she won the title and also beat Errani because I really don't like her.
Mona wasn't great today imo but she wasn't bad either. She played a good match overall. She missed a lot of chances and made many easy errors but the most important thing is that she won in the end. She was so nervous today unlike in her pervious matches. That's understandable though since this was a big final for her.

Anyway, let's enjoy this win as much as we can. A great start of the year for her despite the R1 loss in AO.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1718

She needs QF in Doha to stay in Top30?
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1719
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She made R2 in Doha last year so I don't think she needs a QF in Doha to stay in the top 30.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1720

I think Paris 2012 points are not off yet. Maybe you're right. This ranking stuff is to complicated.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1721
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Paris 2012 points are not off yet. Maybe you're right. This ranking stuff is to complicated.
She will lose 70 points next week for Paris 2012, but Doha is a non-countable result for her, same as Dubai.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1722

Why 70 and not 140?
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1723
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because Paris gets replaced with a tournament where she scored 70 points.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1724
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why 70 and not 140?
Because her Paris-2012's points will be replaced by Mona's 16th best tournament in the last 52 weeks (70 points)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1725
country flag mk27

Quote:
Why 70 and not 140?
Look at here at her ranking breakdown: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455441

This week:
She will get 470 points for winning Paris 2013 => Montreal (70 points) will become a non-countable result => +400 points for the rankings.

Next week:
Points from Paris 2012 (140 points) will drop off => Montreal will become a countable result again => -70 points for the rankings.