WTA Paris - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all
WTA Paris

2011 - Kvitova later Wimbledon
2012 - Kerber later top 10
2013 - Barthel >>> ?

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #2
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA Paris

Easily Top 10, talent wise the sky is the limit for her.

That she has a proper coach now is a very good sign.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #3
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

2011 - Kvitova later Wimbledon > had a great 2011 including winning YEC. > slumping since 2012 and having fitness issue
2012 - Kerber later top 10 > top 5 player at some point > only to find out she has overstressed spinal disc
2013 - Barthel >>> ?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM   #4
country flag LenaDMania0003

LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold LenaDMania0003 is a splendid one to behold

(I wrote this in other threads)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaDMania0003 View Post
Kvitova
2009 Hobert champion
2011 Paris[Indoor] champion

Barthel
20112012 Hobert champion
2013 Paris[Indoor] champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaDMania0003 View Post
Her smooth big hitting from both wings and quick DTL attack remind me of Kvitova's best days

Last edited by LenaDMania0003 : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: corrected Petra's title
LenaDMania0003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM   #5
country flag melodynelson

melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future

2010 - retired later that year.
2009 - also final swan song.
2008 - sank into depths of obscurity and irrelevance immediately after.

I don't think it means much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena Dementieva
At the press conference I was asked a really good question - they asked if I thought Martina Hingis helped me to win this tournament last year by beating Maria Sharapova in the semifinals. I said "Don't you think so?"
melodynelson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM   #6
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

1999 - Serena Williams won 1999 US Open but couldn't keep it up the next 2 years
2002 - Venus Williams became no.1 a couple of weeks after winning the event but lost her next 4 slam finals
2003 - Serena Williams injured her knee that same year and missed 10 months of competition
2004 - Kim Clijsters injured her wrist a few weeks later and missed a year of competition
2006 - Amélie Mauresmo won Wimbledon and became no.1 but the next season was awful for her
2007 - Nadia Petrova last title before a long period of starvation
2008 - Anna Chakvetadze just went down and down and down
2009 - Amélie Mauresmo retired a few months later
2010 - Elena Dementieva retired a few months later
2011 - Petra Kvitova won Wimbledon but is now slumping very badly
2012 - Angelique Kerber is having health issues and I have the feeling it has only started for her
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #7
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.2812 View Post
1999 - Serena Williams won 1999 US Open but couldn't keep it up the next 2 years
2002 - Venus Williams became no.1 a couple of weeks after winning the event but lost her next 4 slam finals
2003 - Serena Williams injured her knee that same year and missed 10 months of competition
2004 - Kim Clijsters injured her wrist a few weeks later and missed a year of competition
2006 - Amélie Mauresmo won Wimbledon and became no.1 but the next season was awful for her
2007 - Nadia Petrova last title before a long period of starvation
2008 - Anna Chakvetadze just went down and down and down
2009 - Amélie Mauresmo retired a few months later
2010 - Elena Dementieva retired a few months later
2011 - Petra Kvitova won Wimbledon but is now slumping very badly
2012 - Angelique Kerber is having health issues and I have the feeling it has only started for her
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM   #8
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

If Mona continues playing as she does, it may be top 10 for her - no doubts about it. I am not sure about her mental strenght though. She won today, but she nearly choked...

Hopefully she will not be another Petković or Lisicki though - plenty of success and now...
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #9
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

She (Mona) is too unpreditable IMO... Need to grow consistancy.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM   #10
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Wow a lot of hype surrounding Mona right now

Let's just see how she does this year and we'll take it from there...
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM   #11
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #12
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Maybe it'a a hype to predict Mona will be in top 10 this year, but look at the quality of the lower half of top 10 right now...

Hope Mona keeps consistent and stays away from injuries.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote