Preserving Tennis Memorabilia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1
selesfan1

selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future
Preserving Tennis Memorabilia

Back when I was 13 we had a WTA event in my town. I would buy the WTA calendars the WTA would put out with pictures of the players. I was able to get several of the players to autograph their calendar pictures. These calendars,however are taking up a lot of space in a drawer I have and was wondering what if any value these calendars have? Would it be worth taking them apart and framing the autographed pictures? In one calendar I have a Lindsay Davenport signature. In another Vaness Webb on the cover,Anna Kournikova on her picture. In another Monica Seles,Amanda Coetzer on their tour picture. In the final one Yvette Basting and Daniela Hantuchova on the cover. Alexandra Stevenson on her pic, Monica Seles and Amanda Coetzer on their pic. Can someone provide insight on the value of these or how to preserve them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Preserving Tennis Memorabilia

Depends if they have clothes on in the pictures, especially the Anna one. Otherwise, $10 max for the whole calendar.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM   #3
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Depends if they have clothes on in the pictures, especially the Anna one. Otherwise, $10 max for the whole calendar.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Could you show us some pictures of these calendars?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:35 PM   #5
country flag MG1

MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by selesfan1 View Post
Back when I was 13 we had a WTA event in my town. I would buy the WTA calendars the WTA would put out with pictures of the players. I was able to get several of the players to autograph their calendar pictures. These calendars,however are taking up a lot of space in a drawer I have and was wondering what if any value these calendars have? Would it be worth taking them apart and framing the autographed pictures? In one calendar I have a Lindsay Davenport signature. In another Vaness Webb on the cover,Anna Kournikova on her picture. In another Monica Seles,Amanda Coetzer on their tour picture. In the final one Yvette Basting and Daniela Hantuchova on the cover. Alexandra Stevenson on her pic, Monica Seles and Amanda Coetzer on their pic. Can someone provide insight on the value of these or how to preserve them?
These autographs could definitely be of some value. How much depends on if the signatures are faded at all and what condition the calendars/photos are in. A good way to find out approximate market values for autographs would be to look on ebay to see the range of prices the autographs are selling for on there (search "player name autograph photo" or something similar).

If you have photos of them signing or proof you were at the WTA event (ticket stub), those would increase the value if you were looking to sell the autographs. Another way to maximize the value would be to have the signatures authenticated by a professional company (PSA/DNA is an example), but that would definitely be costly and you may wind up paying more to get them authenticated than what you would sell them for.

Framing them would be a nice way to showcase them, just be sure if you are going to hang them up that you try and avoid direct sunlight hitting them which will fade out the photo/signature over time.
MG1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM   #6
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

If Ula Mula’s is worth $50, you’ve got to be sitting on the thick end of $3 million buckaroos! Have you got them insured?

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB __________
Mike_T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM   #7
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Myself (Serena Venus dolls from back in the days,with they're beads,tennis racket and ball.How much you think one can get off them?
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM   #8
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

One example: http://autographsforsale.com/domvanroossi.html
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM   #9
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of those huge tennis balls with about 10 autos. I have it displayed in a glass square that is actually for a basketball. They don't make them for big tennis balls I also have a really cool poster from around 2000 that I had laminated . It's been packed away for awhile, but I remember it had Coetzer, Seles, Davenport and Mary Joe in each corner I also have some Australian Open post cards from the early - mid 00's that I bought on eBay. Each one has a different payer . Then of course I have the set of tennis player trading cards from the 00's
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote