Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!! - Page 257 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3841
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I remember when I first visited London on holidays, there was a 2 hour time difference. January.
ah, ok. only now do i really get it so it's either 3 or 5 hours time difference because we're never in the regular mode at the same time. it will be good enough for the afternoon games but the ones in the evening wil be at night here.

Quote:
I don't have any expectations about Confed Cup for Brazil's squad.. we really have such a so so team.. There is so much talk about Neymar, but honestly.. he hasn't excelled playing for the national squad.. I do hope we get a better team for World Cup.. it will be such a major disappointment if the team fails during next year's WC. I swear people still cry for the loss of the 1950 WC to Uruguay.
uruguay can win another title at maracanã this month

you still won the world cup more times than any other country. i get it about your team at the moment. looking at the squad it doesn't look as impressive as you would expect it from brazil. i see that hulk is now a regular player. he is not at porto anymore but there is another player there who derves a call-up, the defensive midfielder fernando. porto fans call him "polvo" because he seems to have 8 legs and can reach far with them at any given moment. inter and monaco are after him.

anyway, about neymar, i think he should have cone to europe earlier. it's actualy good he stopped repeating the mantra about leaving brazil only after the world cup. you don't come to europe just for the money but in order to grow as a player.

each way i hope a country from outside of europe wins the world cup next year.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #3842
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
ah, ok. only now do i really get it so it's either 3 or 5 hours time difference because we're never in the regular mode at the same time. it will be good enough for the afternoon games but the ones in the evening wil be at night here.

uruguay can win another title at maracanã this month

you still won the world cup more times than any other country. i get it about your team at the moment. looking at the squad it doesn't look as impressive as you would expect it from brazil. i see that hulk is now a regular player. he is not at porto anymore but there is another player there who derves a call-up, the defensive midfielder fernando. porto fans call him "polvo" because he seems to have 8 legs and can reach far with them at any given moment. inter and monaco are after him.

anyway, about neymar, i think he should have cone to europe earlier. it's actualy good he stopped repeating the mantra about leaving brazil only after the world cup. you don't come to europe just for the money but in order to grow as a player.

each way i hope a country from outside of europe wins the world cup next year.
Yes, I agree. Neymar should've gone to Europe before.. he would also learn to play as a team player. He was used to play on a team fixed around him, like Santos... which doesn't happen in the national team. Well.. at least he is going before World Cup.. hope he can do well in Barcelona.

I don't know Fernando.. will check videos of him playing for Porto. I think the main problem is in offensive midfielders though, as Scolari decided to not call Kaká and/or Ronaldinho. Both are a bit washed up.. but well..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3843
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I agree. Neymar should've gone to Europe before.. he would also learn to play as a team player. He was used to play on a team fixed around him, like Santos... which doesn't happen in the national team. Well.. at least he is going before World Cup.. hope he can do well in Barcelona.

I don't know Fernando.. will check videos of him playing for Porto. I think the main problem is in offensive midfielders though, as Scolari decided to not call Kaká and/or Ronaldinho. Both are a bit washed up.. but well..
here is one of the videos:

the quality of the video is not the greatest but the quality of tackles, passes, ball steals and, indeed, goals is. i don't think brazil has a better player at this position than him. he is very consitent too and since he is all over the place he would make more room for attacking midfielders to do their job as well.

you once told me few people are aware of portuguese league in brazil but you have so many players there and some of them are good and not just a little

wanna make predictions for the first round of the confed cup? you are rather good at that
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #3844
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
here is one of the videos:

the quality of the video is not the greatest but the quality of tackles, passes, ball steals and, indeed, goals is. i don't think brazil has a better player at this position than him. he is very consitent too and since he is all over the place he would make more room for attacking midfielders to do their job as well.

you once told me few people are aware of portuguese league in brazil but you have so many players there and some of them are good and not just a little

wanna make predictions for the first round of the confed cup? you are rather good at that
Thanks for the video! I wonder why Scolari hasn't thought of him.. I know we usually barely notice portuguese league.. but well.. the manager of the national team sure should.. and to think he was once manager of Portugal.

As for predictions.. I'm not good at it regarding football. But I guess I could try.. then we'll see just how wrong I got it!

For 1st round:

Brasil 2 x 1 Japan
Mexico 1 x 0 Italy

Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay
Tahiti 1 x 3 Nigeria

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #3845
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Thanks for the video! I wonder why Scolari hasn't thought of him.. I know we usually barely notice portuguese league.. but well.. the manager of the national team sure should.. and to think he was once manager of Portugal.

As for predictions.. I'm not good at it regarding football. But I guess I could try.. then we'll see just how wrong I got it!

For 1st round:

Brasil 2 x 1 Japan
Mexico 1 x 0 Italy

Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay
Tahiti 1 x 3 Nigeria
football is not easy to predict. i don't know if would ever want to try to predict the exact result, just the winner or a draw but since you did it i will do it as well:

brazil 2-1 japan
mexico 0-1 italy
spain 1-1 uruguay
tahiti 0-2 nigeria (supporting tahiti all the way but their amateurs will struggle to score a goal)

can't wait to see games in the new modern stadia built for the world cup, even though i probably won't remember them by the time the next big tournament begins. but these big tournaments offer every host country a chance to ruild modern infrastructure. it's funny to see portugal with better stadia than spain because of the euro 2004. too bad only half of them have good attendances now, though.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #3846
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
football is not easy to predict. i don't know if would ever want to try to predict the exact result, just the winner or a draw but since you did it i will do it as well:

brazil 2-1 japan
mexico 0-1 italy
spain 1-1 uruguay
tahiti 0-2 nigeria (supporting tahiti all the way but their amateurs will struggle to score a goal)

can't wait to see games in the new modern stadia built for the world cup, even though i probably won't remember them by the time the next big tournament begins. but these big tournaments offer every host country a chance to ruild modern infrastructure. it's funny to see portugal with better stadia than spain because of the euro 2004. too bad only half of them have good attendances now, though.
Well.. we'll see who gets closer to the actual results!

I'm pretty sure that apart from stadiums in Rio, São Paulo, Porto Alegre and Salvador, all others will be totally empty once World Cup is over.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #3847
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Well.. we'll see who gets closer to the actual results!
well, we were equally far from the first one but i think our prediction reflects the game better...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that apart from stadiums in Rio, São Paulo, Porto Alegre and Salvador, all others will be totally empty once World Cup is over.
it would be a pity. brazil is a big country, there should be enough fans in all those big cities. i understand it was stupid to build big stadia in portugal where only a handful of clubs can count on huge support. but i hope brazil will do better.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #3848
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
well, we were equally far from the first one but i think our prediction reflects the game better...
Yes... Japan could've scored.. and Brazil's third goal was literally at the last moment. I did like the game though.. it was better than I expected. And we got the winner right!

Quote:
it would be a pity. brazil is a big country, there should be enough fans in all those big cities. i understand it was stupid to build big stadia in portugal where only a handful of clubs can count on huge support. but i hope brazil will do better.
Today's game was played in the National Stadium in Brasília. There are no teams from Brasília, which is a big city and the capital, in divisions A and B from the national championships. I doubt Brasiliense's and Gama's games in division C will attract many people.. So unless some team decides to eventually have their home game in Brasília, like Flamengo did against Santos a few weeks ago, the stadium will serve for nothing. I guess it can be used for concerts..

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #3849
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Yes... Japan could've scored.. and Brazil's third goal was literally at the last moment. I did like the game though.. it was better than I expected. And we got the winner right!

Today's game was played in the National Stadium in Brasília. There are no teams from Brasília, which is a big city and the capital, in divisions A and B from the national championships. I doubt Brasiliense's and Gama's games in division C will attract many people.. So unless some team decides to eventually have their home game in Brasília, like Flamengo did against Santos a few weeks ago, the stadium will serve for nothing. I guess it can be used for concerts..
how about belo horizonte? don't they have serie a regulars? and recife and fortaleza also have some teams from what i know, though i don't know how well they are doing. manaus and cuiabá just got big white elephants, i guess. if brazil beats portugal for the worst post-toutnament use of the stadia i will be shocked, though, with leiria being the worst example in history (and predictably so)

brazil was ok, that was good enough against japan. let's see what will happen against a better team.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #3850
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
how about belo horizonte? don't they have serie a regulars? and recife and fortaleza also have some teams from what i know, though i don't know how well they are doing. manaus and cuiabá just got big white elephants, i guess. if brazil beats portugal for the worst post-toutnament use of the stadia i will be shocked, though, with leiria being the worst example in history (and predictably so)

brazil was ok, that was good enough against japan. let's see what will happen against a better team.
Belo Horizonte will make good use of its Stadium.. they have 2 of Brazil's biggest teams in Atletico Mineiro (Ronaldinho's team) and Cruzeiro. About Recife and Fortaleza.. I'm not sure.. they have teams that go in and out of division A. We'll see how it goes. Manaus, Cuiabá and Brasília are the ones most likely to become big White Elephants.

I expected Brazil to be worse.. that shows how low my expectations are. I totally expect Brazil to lose against both Mexico and Italy. I don't really care for winning Confed Cup.. just hope we get a strong enough team to win the World Cup.

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #3851
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Brasil 2 x 1 Japan
Mexico 1 x 0 Italy

Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay
Tahiti 1 x 3 Nigeria
Quote:
brazil 2-1 japan
mexico 0-1 italy
spain 1-1 uruguay
Italy 2 x 1 Mexico. You got the Winner right!

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3852
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:

For 1st round:

Brasil 2 x 1 Japan
Mexico 1 x 0 Italy

Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay
Tahiti 1 x 3 Nigeria
Quote:

brazil 2-1 japan
mexico 0-1 italy
spain 1-1 uruguay
Yes! I nailed Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay!

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #3853
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Belo Horizonte will make good use of its Stadium.. they have 2 of Brazil's biggest teams in Atletico Mineiro (Ronaldinho's team) and Cruzeiro. About Recife and Fortaleza.. I'm not sure.. they have teams that go in and out of division A. We'll see how it goes. Manaus, Cuiabá and Brasília are the ones most likely to become big White Elephants.

I expected Brazil to be worse.. that shows how low my expectations are. I totally expect Brazil to lose against both Mexico and Italy. I don't really care for winning Confed Cup.. just hope we get a strong enough team to win the World Cup.
i think this confed cup is more important for brazil than usual, though. the only competetive matches in 2 years.

i must admit that even though i know names of some brazilian clubs i can't keep track of where they are from unless it says in their name. like, i know atlético mineiro are from minas gerais and hence from belo horizonte or that bahia are from salvador. but cruzeiro, flamengo, fluminense, corithians, palmeiras and such

Quote:
Yes! I nailed Spain 2 x 1 Uruguay!
congrats well, i said i wouldn't dare predict the exact scores, only the general outcome 2-1 was a very popular result so far.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #3854
country flag azdaja

congrats izzy, tahiti scored as you predicted the result was not quite up to the prediction but it was amaze for the team. now imagine the next game, you are an amateur player and you play the world champions at maracanã how must tahiti players feel now
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #3855
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
congrats izzy, tahiti scored as you predicted the result was not quite up to the prediction but it was amaze for the team. now imagine the next game, you are an amateur player and you play the world champions at maracanã how must tahiti players feel now
I saw the goal.. they celebrated so much it was beautiful!

Against Spain its going to be 10x0 though..

Closed Thread