*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1111
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I really dont care about the ranking anymore....If she loses the no.1 position before the french open she'll be more motivated to win RG

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:45 PM   #1112
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Well, as a 2012 champion in Doha Vika is defending 900 points, and Serena Williams didn´t play there at all. After Australian Open Vika had 10325, Serena Williams 9970 and Maria Sharapova 9545 points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Qa...%80%93_Singles

I think those numbers before Doha should go something like this: 10325 - 900 = 9425 for Vika, 9970 - 0 = 9970 for Serena, and 9545 for Maria. As WTA Premier 5 event winner gets 900, finalist 620, semifinalists 395, quarterfinalists 225, R16 125 and R32 70 points.

If I am right, it is going to be a similar kind of race as in Australian Open for No.1. Vika needs to something like 545 +1 points more than Serena to stay at No.1 and 120 +1 points more to keep Maria behind. At least this time Maria is #3 seed if she plays in Doha.

I hope Sloane Stephens will play there too.....
Thanks!

Yeah, it was almost certain that she was going to lose the number 1 at some point at the start of this year. Everyone expected it to happen during the AO so it's already a great achievement that she defied the odds and stayed at the top (with a little help of course). Plus she'll definitely crack 50 weeks as number 1.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #1113
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
I really dont care about the ranking anymore....If she loses the no.1 position before the french open she'll be more motivated to win RG
Yes i agree. If Serena gets the number 1 ranking it is because she deserved it the last 12 months. It will not be easy for her to hold it during the later part of the year though.

Vika already proved she is one of the top two players in the world. And counting in their respective age it looks good. I think she will win several more grand slams.

Btw, I wonder how famous she now is in China. I think the final was seen by record number of people. Even if they didnt like her winning, i think she became a big name over there.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM   #1114
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea of the exacts right now. But there is a chance world number 1 could jump all over the place in the Spring. Serena has 470 points at Charleston which right now she isn't defending. Vika plays Monterrey that week that she will be expected to win. But on the flipside, Serena plays Stuttgart this year which she didn't last year, and Vika is not playing and will lose final points. If it's close post Miami the ranking could be changing often.

Ultimately Serena is highly likely to be number 1 going into Wimbledon. But after that point she obviously has 2 grand slam wins to defend, and an Olympics win which she cannot defend (which is automatically going to be -685 points, Vika will automatically lose 340 points). It's likely who wins the remaining grand slams will play a great role, if Vika were to win another grand slam this year she will likely be in great position.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1115
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like for Vika to do well in Rome this clay season, it's the preparation tournament closest to RG's conditions, so I'd prefer Vika tanking Madrid.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM   #1116
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
I'd like for Vika to do well in Rome this clay season, it's the preparation tournament closest to RG's conditions, so I'd prefer Vika tanking Madrid.
me too. I really want her to do well in clay season this year. Although her present form concerns me and i thought olympics points are to remain till next OG. Can someone tell?
viktory is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1117
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Unless it's changed since last Olympics (which I can't find anything to say it has) they don't. That would be a terrible idea anyway, being able to keep a win from 4 years ago in your ranking wouldn't really be right if that is the case.

As Vika is only down for Madrid (which is on red clay this year) and Rome I would expect her to be full out in both. I think Madrid is going to be under huge pressure to get the conditions right this year, they won't say it, but they can't afford another fall out with Nadal and Djokovic. Falling out with Nadal is a PR nightmare for them given it's in Spain.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1118
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a while since I've posted here.
I was kinda unsure about how I feel about Vika for some time, and that MTO stuff made me doubt even more. Then I realized that I couldn't care less for the MTO and other things and I was only doubtful because of the crap in GM and media And in reality, Vika's still the person I became fan of immediately when I saw her live in 2009 and it's fantastic how far she's come since then. So here I am being happy for her AO win with a one week delay
Will you welcome me back, Vikaland?
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1119
country flag ozza

Welcome Ksenia .
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1120
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
Will you welcome me back, Vikaland?
nastya is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1121
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold

About the rankings, tbh I almost don't care if she'll lose her #1 spot for a couple of months, it only will give her motivation to improve her game and working hard to get back to the top.
Btw if I'm not mistaken, on Monday we can celebrate a little anniversary (50th week)
nastya is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1122
country flag ozza

Redfoo is at the Switzerland-Czech Republic Davis Cup tie in Geneva. He gets around!
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1123
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Redfoo is at the Switzerland-Czech Republic Davis Cup tie in Geneva. He gets around!
I still think the whole thing is a marketing ploy. Helps him launch his solo career and Vika gets more attention/publicity from hanging around with a clown that stands out everywhere he goes. Once that grunting single comes out (and fails) they´ll have a break up. It is more likely she is with that dirtbiker imho.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1124
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ksenia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Witnessing the most epic DC doubles match in history right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I still think the whole thing is a marketing ploy. Helps him launch his solo career and Vika gets more attention/publicity from hanging around with a clown that stands out everywhere he goes. Once that grunting single comes out (and fails) they´ll have a break up. It is more likely she is with that dirtbiker imho.
That'd be something. Vika and Robin would make a nice couple IMO so I hope your theory proves to be right.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #1125
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Robin Fenlon the photographer/entourage guy? She treats him like a little brother