Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM   #121
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

I can't believe this. Who does she think she is? She can't give this shit effort in Mm's because she isn't in the top 10. Someone needs to remind her.
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #122
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post
I can't believe this. Who does she think she is? She can't give this shit effort in Mm's because she isn't in the top 10. Someone needs to remind her.
Agreed, but this is not even about her. If you're not ready, skip the tournament.

People bitch about Serena for being a part-timer, but she's doing the right thing. If you tank or retire after few games like Vika, it's so unfair to other players. The draw becomes unbalanced, they take someone's place in the MD. If she took an appearance fee, that's even worse.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM   #123
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Com'on Ana please win Dubai , even though it isn't Aprils Fools Day

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM   #124
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing unprofessional in what is Ana doing right now
Actually, this shows how big professional she is all the time, no matter on circumstances or personal feelings.

She save whole this MM tournament just with hers presence there - no matter on hers "current" rankings and slump problems she is still 3rd or 4th most welcomed WTA (super)star for every WTA tour event around world! Ana knows that she is still not ready for day-to-day challenge, she is pissed-off from Australian part of 2013 season because whats happen in Hopman Cup final and AO R16 round where both times she has big expectations, she finally again have new toy boy, she will play FED CUP also - but still Ana come there in Thailand at end of the world on that small tournament! Majority of Ivanovic fans not understand this, but at least I'm sure that Pattaya organizers and WTA Tour officials are very grateful to Ana for all this big efforts!

I'm also very disappointed with this unexpected first round loss, I expected 2nd round lose - but of course I forgive her, not only because I really don't care about MM events, but also because no doubt for me that Ana will beat Ayumi if there is no rain!

How big is my respect about Ana Ivanovic professionalism You can see clean in this my last week prediction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
My predictions for February:

MM Pattaya: Early round exit

FED CUP (Serbia vs Slovakia): Qualify for SF
Premier-5 Doha: Early round exit

Premier Dubai: at least QF (depending on Draw)
So despite I know that Ana is not ready for day-to-day matches and that injury prevention is priority for Ana in February, I still predicted for Ana quarterfinal in Dubai! Why? Because I know how professional Ana is, and as Dubai Duty Free global brand ambassador she will even take risk of injuries and play hers best current tennis, and wins at least two matches in the row, which is little bit irresponsible - but that's Ana and she will take that risk!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:44 PM   #125
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

So na ranu.

As if it wasn't enough that Ana lost to Randomita, Srbija had to come here gloating because his prediction was correct. Somewhere (deep inside) I honestly have a soft spot for him, but for the most of the time I believe he posts here just to mock us.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #126
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
So na ranu.

As if it wasn't enough that Ana lost to Randomita, Srbija had to come here gloating because his prediction was correct. Somewhere (deep inside) I honestly have a soft spot for him, but for the most of the time I believe he posts here just to mock us.
But when I will predict big success from Ana in Indian Wells already next month, You will be the first one to accuse me that I trying to jinx Ana!?

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #127
country flag Cajka

Quote:
But when I will predict big success from Ana in Indian Wells already next month, You will be the first one to accuse me that I trying to jinx Ana!?
If you make a correct prediction of that kind, I'll keep your nick and the quote of that prediction in my sig and I will goodrep you at least once a week and defend you every time you make a jinx prediction thread in GM.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM   #128
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't need to be Baba Vanga to predict Ana's success in Indian Wells, it's fact that she's playing her best tennis there I want to your predictions come true

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #129
country flag Cajka

Let me predict Srbija's next prediction.

IW 2011 Ana beats a defending champion in 1/8 final, but loses in the QF.

IW 2012 Ana beats a defending champion in 1/8 final and loses in the SF.

IW 2013 Kirilenko overtakes Ana's #13 position, so Ana has to play Vika in in 1/8 final, she beats her and reaches the final this time.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:17 AM   #130
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't that hard to predict that Ana will lose in the first round of an MM
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #131
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko, who also "really tried her best in a Grand Slam" (made the 4R like Ana did), is in the final of Pattaya. Guess she didn't find it "hard to get to another event so soon"

Last edited by Harry. : Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM   #132
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be so hard with this Pattaya thing, it was raining for three days guys, she just got bored. It will be much better next time, Dubai and Doha are next. I gotta feeling Ana will beat some of the top 5 in one of those tournaments and reach at least SF.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:17 AM   #133
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

. It's called being a tennis professional Ana. You know, playing tournaments, sometimes close together...
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM   #134
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

If Srbija is right, I'm just waiting to see who Ana is going to bomb out to in Doha.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:47 AM   #135
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Vranes said in an interview for "Sportski zurnal" that Ana has a shoulder injury and that was the reason why she couldn't serve well in Perth and Melbourne. She's in therapy, she's ready to help her team in Nis, but her medical team will decide wheter she will play or not.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote