SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM   #76
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: GOATPova returns to stay undefeated in Doha!

I'm really anxious for this year so far we've seen Maria play very little and nothing challenging, so I don't know where she stands tennis wise in comparison to the others so I don't know what to expect
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #77
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria better be getting ready to fly her ass to Doha. I've never watched her play there
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #78
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Anxious to see if Maria can bring her good form from her early rounds to Doha because I could see her beating top players and challenging Serena. Also, I kinda want a three-set fight against a tough opponent (e.g., not like when she needed three sets against Watson or Peer last year. With all due respect to those players, just mean tough for an in-form Pova). AO went by way too quickly and without drama as she either crushed people or got crushed.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:15 AM   #79
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else worried that she's not in the top 2 now? Meaning she needs to go through Serenka in SF and F in order to win titles and she's got a heck of a lot of points to defend from now all the way up to French and Wimby.

Paris QF
IW F
Miami F
Stuttgart W
Madrid QF
Rome W

The only place she can add some points is Madrid.
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #80
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMaria View Post
Anyone else worried that she's not in the top 2 now? Meaning she needs to go through Serenka in SF and F in order to win titles and she's got a heck of a lot of points to defend from now all the way up to French and Wimby.

Paris QF
IW F
Miami F
Stuttgart W
Madrid QF
Rome W

The only place she can add some points is Madrid.
Tbf wasn't Masha ranked like 3 at the USO, making the SF and running out of steam vs Vika because of those consecutive three-setters?
I don't think ranking really matters to her (ofc being a top 5 seed is important) but there's no telling Rena would even make the SF/F - same goes for Masha. But IW is a given that she'll be ranked 2, Paris doesn't matter as she's playing Doha instead - Miami is the only worry. Other than that, if she's really proved her worth on clay than going deep in Stuttgart + Rome shouldn't be too much of a problem, plus she's entered Charleston right? Madrid QF is kind of a breather for her in terms of ranking points. But I see this year as no different from 2012, if anything being a Vika fan I'd be knowing just how many points she has to defend. Plus, because of the Olympics, her american HC swing is practically non-existent, so she can easily make points up there, and she only made 4rnd of Wimbledon too. So she just needs to go deep until RG and then start collecting points post Wimbledon. I believe in Masha to have a great year again
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM   #81
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
But IW is a given that she'll be ranked 2
Quote:
plus she's entered Charleston right?
It slipped my mind that Serena won't be at IW or that she'd signed up for Charleston.

Quote:
if she's really proved her worth on clay than going deep in Stuttgart + Rome shouldn't be too much of a problem
Madrid is definitely a great oppurtunity to add some points but as for Stuttgart or Rome she needs to win the tournaments no matter what and she might just end up running into GOATNa/Kvitty or Stosur who pushed her to the limit last year

Quote:
her american HC swing is practically non-existent, so she can easily make points up there, and she only made 4rnd of Wimbledon too. So she just needs to go deep until RG and then start collecting points post Wimbledon.
The problem with American HC swing is that they're after RG & Wimbledon her biggest chance to add points. If Vika & Rena stay intact at top 2 winning those 2 become a huge obstacle imo, well maybe not RG as Vika is not as big a threat on clay but still that's 2 potential chances at slams gone.

Quote:
if anything being a Vika fan I'd be knowing just how many points she has to defend.
Maybe i'm just being a worrywart but it's completely possible that Vika feels some pressure and fails to live up to her results of last year. Only places she can add points pre RG & Wimbledon is Miami & Rome.

Quote:
I believe in Masha to have a great year again
Let's hope so
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM   #82
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Will she play R1 or will get BYE? Me for R1, she needs more matches.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:54 AM   #83
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Vika has to defend point in these first few months. Masha has to defend points in the clay court season and Serena has to defend points Wimbledon and post. I think we'll be seeing the top three shifting spots for the rest of the year. Shar will get at least one week at #1 this year
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM   #84
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not exactly sure on it but I think Vika is roughly 1100 points ahead but if Maria wins Doha she could overtake her.

With the amount each of the top 3 have to defend it's a given that the rankings will fluctuate throughout the year.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM   #85
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

i love that Radwanska is like the 4th wheel, she picks up what the other girls don't really
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM   #86
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
She almost always gets ill at this time of this year (most players do in fact, because of the dramatic change in climate when they fly back from Australia), and she doesn't exactly seem to care about the February tournaments enough to push herself through illness, judging by the last few years. Plus, as has been said, with it being so windy there, I'm not sure I'd expect her to do well there anyway.

I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm still in bitter pessimistic mode from the other day, but I really do think we won't be seeing her again until Indian Wells.
She got ill these past two years simply because she was made to make the Melbourne-Moscow trip because of Fed Cup and the difference in the climate zones is like off the radar. My only concern with her attending Doha is that She may not attend Fashion Week this year.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:49 AM   #87
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Good luck in Doha Mashenka

(Please avoid playing Serena and Vika (and NaNa ))
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #88
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Good luck in Doha Mashenka

(Please avoid playing Serena and Vika (and NaNa ))
She should avoid Serena only and she must fight hard with Li and Aza.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #89
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Yes if she meets Na, then I want some serious revenge.
I just watched QueenMariaSharapova's h/ls of the SF match on youtube, and though Na was obviously NOT missing, Masha still had gps and bps
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM   #90
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria must play this . I'm sick and tired of waiting from AO till Indian Wells to see her in action again .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote