Paris QF: Errani def. Suárez Navarro 7-5 4-6 7-5 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:39 PM   #31
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future
Re: Paris QF: Errani def. Suárez Navarro 7-5 4-6 7-5

NARROW VICTORY: I guess Errani can't wait to get to the clay courts, her HC results to date have been abysmal
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM   #32
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

79 UEs

If.she could.do.10 less errors she would.have.won this match

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM   #33
country flag jjlove

jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Carla you are so talented, and by far, the better player of the two, but that is not enough. You need to learn to suffer more in this kind of matches. No use in playing three games of sublime tennis and then to give away the four or five crucial points of the match.
Exactly. She was broken at love-40 while serving at 5-3 in the first set and then she dissapeared. She is playing more agressive but she needs to step up at the important moments in a match. And she really needs to improve those volleys, it's painful to watch her at the net.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
jjlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:37 PM   #34
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

sara just too consistent for carla
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM   #35
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe out of all seeded players in Paris, Errani is the only one who still playing
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM   #36
country flag Globetrotter

Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
NARROW VICTORY: I guess Errani can't wait to get to the clay courts, her HC results to date have been abysmal
Well, I know that her results so far in 2013 have not been the best, but... this may be the first SF in a Premier Tournament of her whole career! (I am sure she never made it to the F, so at least she's matching her career best at that level... and she still has a shot to go further!)
Anyone knows about the double SF of Errani and Vinci??? It's not scheduled for tomorrow... Did they retire?
Globetrotter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM   #37
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM   #38
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Anyone knows about the double SF of Errani and Vinci??? It's not scheduled for tomorrow... Did they retire?
Safarova withdrew, so they will play the final
MS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM   #39
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

It's rather funny how people are going on about how Errani is not playing well...and yet...she won this match against a player everyone seems to acknowledge DID play well. Additionally Errani is in the semifinals. She is the only seed to make it to the semifinals. Infact this is the 1st time in Errani's career that she has reached a WTA semifinal indoors and she has done it at a premier tournament. Let's not forget, Errani has never previously had success in her career indoors.

Frankly, from what I have seen of Errani this year she looks to be playing at pretty close to the same level as last year. I don't expect Errani is going to play great every week of the calendar and there will be matches on fast surfaces against players who are playing strong fast court tennis where she simply gets outplayed. But there will be other weeks where she does very well. She is not easy to beat and to beat her you do have to play at a very high level.

I also recall posters saying that without being able to play more than 2 International tournaments she would struggle to come up with enough points to stay in the top 10. This week provides evidence of what dumb logic that was. Here she is, on her worst surface, and she has already earned 200 ranking points. An International title only wins you 280 point. Another win her and she will have earned more than she would have playing an International. My point? Errani can easily make up the ranking points lost by not being able to play more Internationals by just playing a few more Premiers. She is good enough that she can win points in Premiers even when they are on her worst surface, and she has demostrated that this week.

Oh and about the match, it was pretty decent and very evenly contested. Could have gone either way and both players can feel good about how they played on a surface that up till now hasn't reaped much in rewards for them but based on this week, I suspect both will have more success indoors in the future.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #40
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Chris let the pressed haters talk who cares honesly, btw Sara has a win over Vika in Moscow
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:18 PM   #41
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Queenrani has decided to start snatching all your faves a few months earlier this year
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:18 PM   #42
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Errani you dont deserve to be in top 10
Suares Navarro is bad match up for Errani

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:33 PM   #43
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Carla
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM   #44
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Carla you are so talented, and by far, the better player of the two, but that is not enough. You need to learn to suffer more in this kind of matches. No use in playing three games of sublime tennis and then to give away the four or five crucial points of the match.
This seems like an exaggeration to me. Carla takes more risks than Sara, sometimes that pays off sometimes it doesn't. She plays different than Sara but that doesn't mean she's more talented. Sara is a lot stronger in the mental department and that's why they're both are where they are right now.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:34 AM   #45
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

I'd have loved to seen Suarez-Navarro vs Henin.

Only to see Henin clown the useless pretender.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote