Paris QF: Mladenovic def. Kvitova 63 64 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #61
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of
Re: Paris QF: Mladenovic def. Kvitova 63 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What is the general opinion amongst her fans about changing coach? Are they for or against such a radical move? I can kind of see both sides in that under Kotyza she reached all her success, but has the relationship gone stale, for some reason he can't get the best out of her for quite some time now and things even seem to be getting worse.
I, for one, want the coaching change......."now". This reckless, error-laden ground game has got to stop.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM   #62
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Heavily agree with this. The lower end of the top 10 is wide open for anyone to make a run of consistent results to get into. All these players regularly suffer bad losses. There is no-one reliable really ranked below 7 in the world.
That's why I voted for Stephens to make top 10 this season, even though it looked so premature. If anyone wants to mark her career as a "former world top 10", there could be no better chances than this. IMO, Sloane might no be the only surprise by the end of the year.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM   #63
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heavily agree with this. The lower end of the top 10 is wide open for anyone to make a run of consistent results to get into. All these players regularly suffer bad losses. There is no-one reliable really ranked below 7 in the world.
It´s such a sad state of the WTA at the moment. Just compare it with the top 20 of fifteen years ago: all solid, regular competent players.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM   #64
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is the general opinion amongst her fans about changing coach? Are they for or against such a radical move? I can kind of see both sides in that under Kotyza she reached all her success, but has the relationship gone stale, for some reason he can't get the best out of her for quite some time now and things even seem to be getting worse.
Majority wanted to get rid of HuggyBear even when she won Wimbeldon, so guess what it's right now the problem that her coach delusional and thinks that he's job is safe at the moment and i'm not sure Petra will change him unless her father says so but he will not say it anytime soon
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #65
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy with that result though

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #66
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all

well this is not how a top 10 player plays
congrats to Kiki...
when are going to see Petra having a good run?

{Dominika Cibulkova}{Kim Clijsters}{Petra Kvitova}
{Magdalena Rybarikova}{Maria Sharapova}
monmonito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #67
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:27 PM   #68
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IMO that adventure has ended. They have walked together all they had to, and now is simply time to say The sooner, the better. Things change, life changes. Better get used to it.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:28 PM   #69
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post
That's why I voted for Stephens to make top 10 this season, even though it looked so premature. If anyone wants to mark her career as a "former world top 10", there could be no better chances than this. IMO, Sloane might no be the only surprise by the end of the year.
Well yer to rule her out would be folly. If not only for the fact she has a big points advantage already over those ranked above her. Really though there are many players vying for the last 3 places in YEC.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #70
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I don't speak for all Petra fans, but here's my two cents.

Many of her fans wanted a coaching change last year. I'm sure those people feel stronger now. It appears now that some who wanted her coach to remain last year, more of them may want him gone at the moment. So I do think it's a majority. Now, some of her Czech faithful, may still want her to keep her current Czech manager, coach and team? But they may be a minority at the moment.

At the very least, Petra needs to away from her Manager and/or bring on a respected independent advisor, like a Pavel Slozil or Martina Navratilova (who's reached out to Petra often and currently) to get her house in order.

As you said, the current team and hierarchy are not reaching her, while being sub par to begin with (in my opinion). It's Petra's body, mind, instinct, tennis game and team that are all awry at the moment. She needs to want it to!

Petra is currently the tennis equivalent of a Walking Zombie.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM   #71
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Majority wanted to get rid of HuggyBear even when she won Wimbeldon, so guess what it's right now the problem that her coach delusional and thinks that he's job is safe at the moment and i'm not sure Petra will change him unless her father says so but he will not say it anytime soon
It all kind of ties in as one imo. I don't see anything from Petra that she is desperate for her results to improve. I'm sure inside of her somewhere she must want to get back on track, but it's just not the impression she gives off. She's too content with bad losses and mediocrity. Those around her seem too secure. I could see the defence if you could seem improvements, but things just seem to be getting worse. The longer things are allowed to get worse, the harder it will be to ever return to the top of the game.

I know some people will say she is still young so her coaching team deserve more time, but we've seen many WTA players in recent years have their "peak" years young, have a long slump and then never return to the top of the game.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:45 PM   #72
country flag missvarsha

missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future

KROTTT !

Why is everyone suddenly ganging up against poor Ludmilla ?
It is *CLEAR* that she only lost because she was overcome by horrible asthma...poor Ludmilla, and she is still so young..../usual barrage of excuses.
missvarsha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM   #73
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Great performance from Mladenovic but Kvitova is a shadow of her former self at the moment!

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM   #74
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

lets all have a kiki
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:56 PM   #75
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It all kind of ties in as one imo. I don't see anything from Petra that she is desperate for her results to improve. I'm sure inside of her somewhere she must want to get back on track, but it's just not the impression she gives off. She's too content with bad losses and mediocrity. Those around her seem too secure. I could see the defence if you could seem improvements, but things just seem to be getting worse. The longer things are allowed to get worse, the harder it will be to ever return to the top of the game.

I know some people will say she is still young so her coaching team deserve more time, but we've seen many WTA players in recent years have their "peak" years young, have a long slump and then never return to the top of the game.
Very well said/good observations.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote