Can Vika further eclipse Masha by winning more slams? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes. 94 53.11%
No. 58 32.77%
Hard to say. 25 14.12%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #196
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can Vika further eclipse Masha by winning more slams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuriePL View Post
Even Clijsters isn't equal to Sharapova because all of her slams were only on hard. Azarenka looks like she's following her in vulturing hard court slams.
That may be true but Clijsters is above Sharapova overall
Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #197
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameshibatvutre View Post
and azarenka will never beat S.Williams on final on Wimbledon
While this is true let's not act like Serena is going to keep playing until she's 40. She's 31, turning 32. She has a good 4 years left in her, probably no more than 6 if she really wants it. She's going to retire soon, so Vika can snag a title out of Wimbledon right when she departs. She's not slouch on grass, losing in the SF's to the eventual champion the last two years in a row
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:14 PM   #198
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
lol It's stupid to even post a comment if you're only basing yourself on IF Vika wins THAT many GS. As if it's not obvious that if Azarenka win 10 GSs she won't be considered better than Sharapova or Venus or Justine etc. Fact is Sharapova does have the 4 GSs and you may not value them as much cuz you dislike Sharapova but for any other players it,s really important to have the 4 and it's a very impressive achievements. Azarenka is not that good on grass, you're kidding yourself if you think she'll win it without the "luck" Sharapova had to win RG. As you discredit Sharapova's FO title, then Vika's Wimby title would be meaningless as well.

Anyway, it's pointless to even consider anything you say. As soon as Vika will crumble and fall off the radar and not be #1 anymore you'll change favourite and start rooting for the #1
Oh my bad...it was Vincey who said that even with 10 majors, Vika wouldn't be greater than Maria.
Sorry Victory.
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM   #199
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Oh my bad...it was Vincey who said that even with 10 majors, Vika wouldn't be greater than Maria.
Sorry Victory.
Quote:
That why I said that with Vika as well, if we pretend Vika wins a couple more GS, Sharapova will still be great because she has a career slam, but as I said if she has like 10 GS, it's obvious Vika will be great, as she'd be greater than Venus and Justine.
You should apologize to Vincey too cause he didn't either
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM   #200
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
You should apologize to Vincey too cause he didn't either
Well the post I quoted says otherwise, no?!
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM   #201
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Well the post I quoted says otherwise, no?!
no lol I said " As if it's not obvious that if Azarenka win 10 GSs she won't be considered better than Sharapova or Venus or Justine etc."It was sarcastic. Which means that it's obvious that if Vika has 10 GS she'll have bigger achievements than Sharapova and Venus and Justine and many more as well. I just pointed out how stupid it was to even talk about who would be greater between Vika and Maria if one has 10 GS and the other 4. lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM   #202
bandabou

Quote:
no lol I said " As if it's not obvious that if Azarenka win 10 GSs she won't be considered better than Sharapova or Venus or Justine etc."It was sarcastic. Which means that it's obvious that if Vika has 10 GS she'll have bigger achievements than Sharapova and Venus and Justine and many more as well. I just pointed out how stupid it was to even talk about who would be greater between Vika and Maria if one has 10 GS and the other 4. lol
OH it was sarcassmm.....of course. Sure, good.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:12 PM   #203
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedG View Post
That may be true but Clijsters is above Sharapova overall
no, she isn't , she even doesn't have all Finals at Slams , no olympic medals, less Tier 1s,

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:02 AM   #204
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sharapova is already in the historical elite of tennis. Winning wimbledon at 17, winning all 4 majors...
Of course she had some impact, but it's still too little to be mentioned in the same breath as the greatest.
She is in the same league as Sanchez Vicario, Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport, etc.
Maria's position is more a result of her marketing value (blonde, tall and good looking by tennis standards) rather than true tennis accomplishment.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:04 AM   #205
テニプリ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
no, she isn't , she even doesn't have all Finals at Slams , no olympic medals, less Tier 1s,
She has more titles, more weeks at number 1, more respect from the players, and has made a bigger impact on tennis than Maria
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:56 AM   #206
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Of course she had some impact, but it's still too little to be mentioned in the same breath as the greatest.
She is in the same league as Sanchez Vicario, Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport, etc.
Maria's position is more a result of her marketing value (blonde, tall and good looking by tennis standards) rather than true tennis accomplishment.

--
As I agree she's not comparable in terms of achievements with the likes of Graf, Evert,Serena. She's right behind them and a notch above Vicario, Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport. She has 4 majors and all 4 of them, Olympic silver medal, YEC championship, was #1 something that none of the 4 players named below all has.

Quote:

She has more titles, more weeks at number 1, more respect from the players, and has made a bigger impact on tennis than Maria
Humm no most of the fans will remember Sharapova alot more than Clijsters. Kim being likeable doesn't add to her accomplishments. Fact are Maria has all 4 majors and got a Olympic medal give her the edge over Kim. Hingis only has 5 Majors title and she's still being talked as one of the greatest alonside Seles, Graf and Serena When realistically she should be in the same category as Sharapova.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM   #207
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you are a mess
Kim Clijsters -20 weeks
Maria Sharapova - 21 weeks

as for bigger impact - LMFAO

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:36 AM   #208
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
you are a mess
Kim Clijsters -20 weeks
He loves to just state outright lies and pass them off as facts.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:25 AM   #209
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you are a mess
Kim Clijsters -20 weeks

as for bigger impact - LMFAO
What impact has Sharapova made?

I doubt there are many young girls watching her consistently get her soul snatched on tennis' biggest stages and saying, "Ooh yes! I want to grow up and play tennis, just like Maria!"

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:51 AM   #210
country flag Otlichno
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
I doubt there are many young girls watching her consistently get her soul snatched on tennis' biggest stages and saying, "Ooh yes! I want to grow up and play tennis, just like Maria!"
Kim was just sublime on tennis's biggest stages for the majority of her career, wasn't she.
Otlichno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote