Paris QF Barthel def Bartoli 7-6 6-4 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM   #46
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paris QF Barthel def Bartoli 7-6 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post

For once I have to agree with jimmie.
It's actually the second time...within six hours or so...

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:32 PM   #47
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Bartoli made Mona look like super woman

The way Petra, Bartoli, Ivanovic, Wozniacki are playing nowadays, pretty much ensures the top 5 will NOT be threatened 4 the rest of the yr unless with injuries
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM   #48
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's actually the second time...within six hours or so...

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM   #49
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Jimmie is talking bullshit as usual. You have to give credits to Rittner for forging a great team spirit among the German girls. I like Mona, but she's apparently a bit selfish and doesn't seem to be a team player.
Sorry but what kind of Team spirit? These girls have so much potential and yet they lost all they're important rubbers so far. I mean it's nice when they get along well, but you need more than this. They're miles away from a team spirit like the Italians had or the Czechs have right now.

And let's not forget that Lisicki also chose Pattaya City over Fed Cup 3 years ago, when she was in a similar situation like Barthel.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM   #50
country flag Moo_21

Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all

All in all, a great performance from Mona! Serving got her out of trouble at times and lots of effortless winners.

Strange to see Bartoli blow it in the tiebreak, I have always seen her as one of the more solid players on tour. Apart from the tiebreak, she didn't play badly and it was one of the better matches I have seen in 2013.

http://mootennis.com
Moo_21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM   #51
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
Credit to Rittner, for what? forming a team which is losing in all rounds despite having always the better players?
Al least they had the balls to play unlike Fed Cup quitter Barthel.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM   #52
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Mona should have won the 1st set 7-5. That miss on set point could have costed the match. Marion wasn't bad apart from the terrible TB she played obviously. Anyway, I'm really happy to see Mona winning tight matches against top 20 players. Hope this win will give her some confidence.

This is her 2nd top 10 win and 5th top 20 win (Jankovic, Bartoli X2, Vinci, Ivanovic).

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #53
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bond View Post
Sorry but what kind of Team spirit? These girls have so much potential and yet they lost all they're important rubbers so far. I mean it's nice when they get along well, but you need more than this. They're miles away from a team spirit like the Italians had or the Czechs have right now.

And let's not forget that Lisicki also chose Pattaya City over Fed Cup 3 years ago, when she was in a similar situation like Barthel.
Yeah, I have to agree here.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM   #54
country flag RobinT83

RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of

Fatboli...
Losing to Brathel in front of her home crowd is really embarrassing...
Barthel hits the ball flat all the time, no variety (her volleys are laughable most of the time, she makes incredible misshits at the net as well), no spin, her defense is terrible, nothing...
Indoor is her best surface by far but as a brainless ball basher with no variety, she will have good and mostly bad days in other surfaces particularly on clay all her career.
People will say she's a headcase, choker etc after her losses as usual but in fact, the problem is deeper than that: her game lacks variety and points construction, she's not patient enough and a confidence player, she will suffer because of the slower courts for sure.
Clearly overrated.

Last edited by RobinT83 : Feb 1st, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
RobinT83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM   #55
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Rittner seems to have her priorities all wrong. The German team should be doing a lot better than they have done in the past 2 years, really.

Barthel ranged from majestic to flakey as per usual. Still not convinced that she can win here this week as I could easily see her choking something against either Ludmila or Mladenovic. We'll see though.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM   #56
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's another issue. Fact is, everyone of the current generation of players (incl. juniors) gets along well with Rittner. If there are problems between her and Mona, it's a bit odd to think Rittner is the main reason.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM   #57
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's another issue. Fact is, everyone of the current generation of players (incl. juniors) gets along well with Rittner. If there are problems between her and Mona, it's a bit odd to think Rittner is the main reason.

who or what else should be the main reason in your opinion?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM   #58
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They`re not supposed to get along with her well first and foremost..she's the coach, not their cuddle-buddy. No wonder the team has absolutely no ambitions, all Rittner cares about is for the players to be her friends because she's notoriously afraid of the team turning against her.

No authority whatsoever...

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM   #59
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
They`re not supposed to get along with her well first and foremost..she's the coach, not their cuddle-buddy. No wonder the team has absolutely no ambitions, all Rittner cares about is for the players to be her friends because she's notoriously afraid of the team turning against her.

No authority whatsoever...
Maybe that's the problem. Not a true coaching-players relationship. But I'm not sure.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #60
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last April was a total disaster, she chose Petkovic, who came back from an injury and hadn't play since January, and Goerges who was sick over in-form Barthel.
This, one billion times.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote