Can Vika further eclipse Masha by winning more slams? - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes. 94 53.11%
No. 58 32.77%
Hard to say. 25 14.12%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #181
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can Vika further eclipse Masha by winning more slams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

The bottom line being, what-ifs don't matter, and Princessrenka DIDN'T serve out that US Open final (just as Maria didn't serve out the SF) and nothing else matters.
Still, when's the last time Sharapova came this close to beat Serena?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #182
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Woulda coulda shoulda...you know that's the name of a very good song by Beverley Knight. You should listen to it.

And Doomsy said that Serena even with her 15 majors hasn't eclipsed Masha....that's interesting.
Well I'm not doomsy and I was talking about Vika and Sharapova so don't bring Serena in this. It's debatable whether Sharapova is more famous than Serena but she clearly has nothing on Serena regarding their achievements and I'm pretty sure everyone agree with that . The term "eclipse" is just purely wrong in this question.

If you wanna talk about whether Sharapova is eclipsed by Serena then I'll say this. Is it considered eclipsing if you know that if you ask people about tennis they talk about Sharapova as well as Serena? I wouldn't think so, if people still talk about Sharapova when discussing tennis including Serena she can't be "eclipsed". Don't blame Sharapova fans to include fame into the equation when the OP clearly wanted to cause drama by naming this thread like that. Again tho, this is a Sharapova vs Vika thread, Serena has nothing to do with that.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM   #183
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Still, when's the last time Sharapova came this close to beat Serena?
What does that have to do with ANYTHING I posted?!?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM   #184
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Well I'm not doomsy and I was talking about Vika and Sharapova so don't bring Serena in this. It's debatable whether Sharapova is more famous than Serena but she clearly has nothing on Serena regarding their achievements and I'm pretty sure everyone agree with that . The term "eclipse" is just purely wrong in this question.

If you wanna talk about whether Sharapova is eclipsed by Serena then I'll say this. Is it considered eclipsing if you know that if you ask people about tennis they talk about Sharapova as well as Serena? I wouldn't think so, if people still talk about Sharapova when discussing tennis including Serena she can't be "eclipsed". Don't blame Sharapova fans to include fame into the equation when the OP clearly wanted to cause drama by naming this thread like that. Again tho, this is a Sharapova vs Vika thread, Serena has nothing to do with that.
Doomsday was the one who brought Serena up in this thread..by saying that not even Serena has eclipsed Maria, no?! So why you're acting like it's me that brought Serena up?

For the rest, okay..fair enough. I just found Doomsday's comments a bit curious.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM   #185
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Cause I don't expect Vika or Maria for that matter to perform as well as last year every single damn year.
It was quite obvious that she was lucky to win this major but she still made it trough despite her form being abysmal, congrats.
I wish them the very best but its not gonna last forever and we've seen this in Australia.

As for this thread this is a stupid one, Serena can't even eclipse Maria totally despite being a lot more successful than her so its not Vika who is going to do it

Quote:
lol It's stupid to even post a comment if you're only basing yourself on IF Vika wins THAT many GS. As if it's not obvious that if Azarenka win 10 GSs she won't be considered better than Sharapova or Venus or Justine etc. Fact is Sharapova does have the 4 GSs and you may not value them as much cuz you dislike Sharapova but for any other players it,s really important to have the 4 and it's a very impressive achievements. Azarenka is not that good on grass, you're kidding yourself if you think she'll win it without the "luck" Sharapova had to win RG. As you discredit Sharapova's FO title, then Vika's Wimby title would be meaningless as well.

Anyway, it's pointless to even consider anything you say. As soon as Vika will crumble and fall off the radar and not be #1 anymore you'll change favourite and start rooting for the #1
Well, is Maria greater than Venus and Justine ? we could reverse it so...
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #186
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Doomsday was the one who brought Serena up in this thread..by saying that not even Serena has eclipsed Maria, no?! So why you're acting like it's me that brought Serena up?

For the rest, okay..fair enough. I just found Doomsday's comments a bit curious.
What do you find curious ? I just meant that despite being in another league than Serena in achievements, Maria is still a big name in women's tennis and often associated with Serena.
They're both the bigger draws in women's tennis, the ones who made more money and for a very long time and I can go on.
But I think i know what you mean and that it shouldn't be the way it is considering their greatness on court, Serena should have more recognition or maybe Maria less and I agree with this.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM   #187
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Every discussion on this forum ends up being an emotional fan fight.
Anyway, I don't care much about either of them, but as I look at it from sideline then Maria will never be beaten by Vika in terms of marketing and fanbase, while Vika is just a more talented athlete with a potential to surpass Maria in tennis.
And I don't think any of them will make any impact on tennis history. Neither of them will ever belong to the historical elite.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM   #188
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Every discussion on this forum ends up being an emotional fan fight.
Anyway, I don't care much about either of them, but as I look at it from sideline then Maria will never be beaten by Vika in terms of marketing and fanbase, while Vika is just a more talented athlete with a potential to surpass Maria in tennis.
And I don't think any of them will make any impact on tennis history. Neither of them will ever belong to the historical elite.

--
Ok............... So for you, Maria Sharapova, achieving the Career Slam and being one of the most famous women athletes of the world, won't be remembered in the Tennis History?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM   #189
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I didn't say you're the one who brought it up in THIS THREAD, but you brought her up in your reply TO ME when I didn't mention Serena at all .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesborah View Post

Well, is Maria greater than Venus and Justine ? we could reverse it so...
What are you talking about? Never said that 4 GSs with a Career GS means more than 7 or 8 GS title, just that it's a big plus to have won all 4 of them and you'll be remembered for that. You enter a few elite player when you do have all 4 majors. In my opinion, if Maria wins 1 or 2 more slam she'll be greater than Venus and Henin because of her career slam because she'll add one more major achievements that Venus and Henin don't have. That being said, this is really subjective and it's only my opinion. That why I said that with Vika as well, if we pretend Vika wins a couple more GS, Sharapova will still be great because she has a career slam, but as I said if she has like 10 GS, it's obvious Vika will be great, as she'd be greater than Venus and Justine.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #190
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post

--
Sharapova is already in the historical elite of tennis. Winning wimbledon at 17, winning all 4 majors...

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:21 PM   #191
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
What do you find curious ? I just meant that despite being in another league than Serena in achievements, Maria is still a big name in women's tennis and often associated with Serena.
They're both the bigger draws in women's tennis, the ones who made more money and for a very long time and I can go on.
But I think i know what you mean and that it shouldn't be the way it is considering their greatness on court, Serena should have more recognition or maybe Maria less and I agree with this.
That's exactly my point. In the other thread you've douchesanders acting like Serena is miles apart from Graf and in this thread you've Mashatards talking like Maria's in the same league just because she's in lots of ads. I found it odd. But no problemos...I understand.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #192
bandabou

Quote:
I didn't say you're the one who brought it up in THIS THREAD, but you brought her up in your reply TO ME when I didn't mention Serena at all .

What are you talking about? Never said that 4 GSs with a Career GS means more than 7 or 8 GS title, just that it's a big plus to have won all 4 of them and you'll be remembered for that. You enter a few elite player when you do have all 4 majors. In my opinion, if Maria wins 1 or 2 more slam she'll be greater than Venus and Henin because of her career slam because she'll add one more major achievements that Venus and Henin don't have. That being said, this is really subjective and it's only my opinion. That why I said that with Vika as well, if we pretend Vika wins a couple more GS, Sharapova will still be great because she has a career slam, but as I said if she has like 10 GS, it's obvious Vika will be great, as she'd be greater than Venus and Justine.
It's good that you say this, because victory or what's his name, said even with 10 majors for Vika, Maria would still be greater than Vika. Career slam is nice..but it's still 4 majors in 8 years. Maria is gonna need to add a bit more.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #193
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's good that you say this, because victory or what's his name, said even with 10 majors for Vika, Maria would still be greater than Vika. Career slam is nice..but it's still 4 majors in 8 years. Maria is gonna need to add a bit more.
excuse me,you defo confused me with someone.i am sane enough not to utter such nonsense.
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #194
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No he didn't.

Why are you lying
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM   #195
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
No he didn't.

Why are you lying
thanks. And lol @your sig update. You never miss a single opportunity no wonder doomsday loves you so much
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote