Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:42 PM   #151
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
If you ask me Gorges/Cirstea/Cibulkova/Rezai at 100% all match (just assume, will never happen though) is better than Seles, Graf, Davenport, Serena, Venus, Capriati, Pierce at 100%.
This post should be immediately inducted into a Hall of Fame.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM   #152
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post

Martina played during the time of Seles, Graf, Davenport, Serena, Venus, Capriati, Pierce. You are kidding right?
Hingis never played against the real Seles. Monica would have pounded her. The Williams sisters overtook Hingis due to power. We can debate which top ten was better Martina's or the one today. But there is no debate the depth of today women's tennis is much greater than when Hingis played in her best years. I am a Hingis fan from 1996 but Martina played at the right time for her career and her finesse stule of play. Seles sadly was not great player anymore after the stabbing, That was tragic. Graf was on the downside when Hingis won her slams and the Williams sisters were maturing and not ready yet. Credit to Martina for being a great player when she played. But in my opinion Aga plays in a tougher era of worldwide women's tennis to win slams than Hingis did. And there is no question that todays players on the average hit harder and deeper than when Martina was winning her slams. hey Hingis would probably hit harder than she used to if she played on the tour today.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #153
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
If you ask me Gorges/Cirstea/Cibulkova/Rezai at 100% all match (just assume, will never happen though) is better than Seles, Graf, Davenport, Serena, Venus, Capriati, Pierce at 100%.
You forgot about real #2... Mona is sad now...
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #154
country flag tracytracy22

tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice tracytracy22 is just really nice

I'm not so sure about this. The h2h would have been a hell of a lot closer but I think hingis was just naturally a bad match-up. Even at her peak, seles wasn't that great a mover and her serve wasn't like serena's or davenport's for example. That why hingis struggled so much against those 2. They not only had great returns but tricky serves.
tracytracy22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:03 AM   #155
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Clijsters won a slam 3 events in after a baby. I guess Kim was just a stronger player
Hingis came back in 2006 to a peak Mauresmo, Sharapova, Henin with Williams, Clijsters lingering around.

Clijsters came back in 2009 to...peak Wozniacki, peak Safina, peak Dementieva Looking at the 2009 US Open Wiki, only 1 player out of the top 8 made it past the fourth round Sooooo really there's still no comparison.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:07 AM   #156
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracytracy22 View Post
I'm not so sure about this. The h2h would have been a hell of a lot closer but I think hingis was just naturally a bad match-up. Even at her peak, seles wasn't that great a mover and her serve wasn't like serena's or davenport's for example. That why hingis struggled so much against those 2. They not only had great returns but tricky serves.
Agreed. Seles pre-stabbing was a better mover no doubt. But she also hit with more spin and less power.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:00 AM   #157
country flag mm1147

mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold mm1147 is a splendid one to behold

she's right. they shouldn't be compared because hingis is more of a pusher than aga
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #158
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Martina is right

But if you look at the smart game Aga is the only one now who comes close to Hingis

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote