Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:21 AM   #1186
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Vinci is very classy.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1187
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Vinci
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:00 PM   #1188
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

So the Marion match is tomorrow?
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM   #1189
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:06 PM   #1190
country flag heavyhorse

I'm nervous for Barthel. I know Mona has beaten Bartoli before but that was on clay + in her home town of Germany. However this is a relatively fast court and in Marion's home town of France.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #1191
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
I'm nervous for Barthel. I know Mona has beaten Bartoli before but that was on clay + in her home town of Germany. However this is a relatively fast court and in Marion's home town of France.
Mona also likes fast court more, than clay
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM   #1192
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Bartoli had a lot of problems with her movement on that slippery clay court in Stuttgart. So i think it will be a different match tomorrow with even chances. On the other hand this fast hard court goes very nicely with Mona's game and if she is in her clean-hitting mode tomorrow she will have a good chance of winning. The crowd will clearly be in favour of Bartoli but i also have the feeling that they like Mona's game there.

The greatest difficulty will be to close out the match against such a mentally tough player like Marion.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1193
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

The key will be the serve, like with all matches in Paris. If Mona can reliably get first serves in and doesn't get distracted by Bartoli's antics I think she has a great shot at winning this.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1194
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Bartoli had a lot of problems with her movement on that slippery clay court in Stuttgart. So i think it will be a different match tomorrow with even chances. On the other hand this fast hard court goes very nicely with Mona's game and if she is in her clean-hitting mode tomorrow she will have a good chance of winning. The crowd will clearly be in favour of Bartoli but i also have the feeling that they like Mona's game there.

The greatest difficulty will be to close out the match against such a mentally tough player like Marion.
In about this.

Marion will be looking for revenge and it`s in front of her homecrowd. That could also mean a lot of pressure for her. Let`s see how she can handle it esspecially when Mona really gets it going.

Quite possible it goes similar as with Wickmayer at Auckland who Mona also could easily beat a year before.
But with the better end for Mona this time. Would be a great win.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1195
country flag heavyhorse

One thing about Marion is that she's very mentally tough. She doesn't give up until she hears 'game, set, match' and I may be mistaken but I've never actually witnessed her choking a match away or caving under pressure - she always seems like she's giving 110%.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1196
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
It has to be. With her defensive technique she has to be and stay positive once she has control of points. She has all the tools to play a dominant attacking game (serve, ros, net game, power) and thereby minimizing the exposure of her defensive liabilities.
This is it. She has a good timing with her net approaches, playing not only chip and charge (like sometimes Radwanska) but preparing points very well and finishing it very straight.

With these focussed attacks she gives the pressure to her opponent that is particulary effective aggainst players with a strong defense.

Finally that was not annoying ball bashing but more strategic power play from the baseline, too. Well done.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1197
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
One thing about Marion is that she's very mentally tough. She doesn't give up until she hears 'game, set, match' and I may be mistaken but I've never actually witnessed her choking a match away or caving under pressure - she always seems like she's giving 110%.
Thats right but in my opinion Mona has to stay focussed on herself. She has to keep a clear strategy and maybe Mr Coach can help her in this.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:45 AM   #1198
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

It starts at 19.00

Last edited by joy division : Feb 1st, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM   #1199
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Phew, I will have a time to watch it
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1200
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Starting soon!

Is Team Barthel ready?

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote