"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM   #166
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
None because of the high level of ATP.
Well sorry but im going to stick up for the ladies here who work just as hard as the men!!! Im sick of hearing men's tennis is better cos its best of 5 sets and men are stronger than women. Both false!! Just because men play best of 5 in slams doesn't mean the matches are better if anything half the time they get messy and are boring!! Best of 3 to me is so much better anyway. Also ladies tennis is much more exciting with longer rallies.

This men are stronger than women lark as well total rubbish!!! All what goes on in our bodies makes us the stronger sex by far if you ask me!!!!
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM   #167
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
What has majors to do with this?
Just saying.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM   #168
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Well sorry but im going to stick up for the ladies here who work just as hard as the men!!! Im sick of hearing men's tennis is better cos its best of 5 sets and men are stronger than women. Both false!! Just because men play best of 5 in slams doesn't mean the matches are better if anything half the time they get messy and are boring!! Best of 3 to me is so much better anyway. Also ladies tennis is much more exciting with longer rallies.

This men are stronger than women lark as well total rubbish!!! All what goes on in our bodies makes us the stronger sex by far if you ask me!!!!
Lowest-ranked ATP player is #1976, lowest-ranked WTA player is #1157.

So it's obvious ATP has more depth, and that can be seen in the top 10. Plus Bo5 makes it more difficult to win a slam for men who are one step below the top.
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM   #169
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Lowest-ranked ATP player is #1976, lowest-ranked WTA player is #1157.

So it's obvious ATP has more depth, and that can be seen in the top 10. Plus Bo5 makes it more difficult to win a slam for men who are one step below the top.
Doesn't mean men's tennis is better, or mean men are stronger than women.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #170
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:

You are seriously deluded. Here are the facts of life, men are stronger than women, mens tennis is several times the quality of WTA and for God's sake woman, the rallies in ATP are FAR longer. Have you not watched a mens semi/final in the last 10 years? These guys play for so long they can hardly stand when its over.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #171
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post

You are seriously deluded. Here are the facts of life, men are stronger than women, mens tennis is several times the quality of WTA and for God's sake woman, the rallies in ATP are FAR longer. Have you not watched a mens semi/final in the last 10 years? These guys play for so long they can hardly stand when its over.
So you believe just because a man's match goes on for 5 hours plus its better than a ladies match? Not true. Look i like both ladies and men's tennis but i don't feel men's is superior thats all. I like watching both and i feel both are entertaining or sometimes both not.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:53 PM   #172
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

The men play with more variety and spin, so mens tennis is better. If you doubt this then I am sorry but you don't know what tennis is.

Most WTA matches are shitfests. The top seeds shit all over the lower ranked players with bagels and breadsticks. While the middle ranked players have 3 set battles over who wants to lose the match more. Then finally when the top seeds meet in the finals, one of them has to go and have their periods or whatever and play like shit, so much for the build-up.

Very rarely do you get a high quality match on the womens tour. Stuttgart last year was good, but that's about it.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #173
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
The men play with more variety and spin, so mens tennis is better. If you doubt this then I am sorry but you don't know what tennis is.

Most WTA matches are shitfests. The top seeds shit all over the lower ranked players with bagels and breadsticks. While the middle ranked players have 3 set battles over who wants to lose the match more. Then finally when the top seeds meet in the finals, one of them has to go and have their periods or whatever and play like shit, so much for the build-up.

Very rarely do you get a high quality match on the womens tour. Stuttgart last year was good, but that's about it.
So if you think this what are you doing on a women's tennis forum? Just out of interest.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM   #174
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

He's right

Zvonareva, Vika, Hingis have all had massive meltdowns and that's just 3 that spring to mind.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM   #175
country flag Aariel

Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all

Quote:
So you believe just because a man's match goes on for 5 hours plus its better than a ladies match? Not true. Look i like both ladies and men's tennis but i don't feel men's is superior thats all. I like watching both and i feel both are entertaining or sometimes both not.
It's not very hard : men's tennis is superior to women's tennis because if a male player with a ranking plays any women player, she will win 6 games at best in a best of three match. Men have better technique, more power, more stamina, more speed, and yes, are on average steadier mentally. You might like to watch WTA better, doesn't change this.
Aariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #176
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariel View Post
It's not very hard : men's tennis is superior to women's tennis because if a male player with a ranking plays any women player, she will win 6 games at best in a best of three match. Men have better technique, more power, more stamina, more speed, and yes, are on average steadier mentally. You might like to watch WTA better, doesn't change this.
You don't know this as a fact, and i doubt we will ever get to find out.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM   #177
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Pretty sure Serena got her arse kicked and she cant even beat her hitting partner.

There is no female player with the toughness of a Ferrer/Djokovic.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:59 PM   #178
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
He's right

Zvonareva, Vika, Hingis have all had massive meltdowns and that's just 3 that spring to mind.
[Mods please forgive the ATP but I have to make a point]

So have Janowicz:

Ferrer:

And Baghdatis:

Your point?
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM   #179
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM   #180
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
[Mods please forgive the ATP but I have to make a point]

So have Janowicz:

Ferrer:

And Baghdatis:

Your point?
Oh I'm very much aware of those particular ATP moments and Jeff Tarango as well but there's absolutely no way the men are as volatile emotionally as the women ABSOLUTELY no way - Serena several times, Lisicki several times, Kournikova in Paris vs Novotna 1998, Venus Wimbledon also vs Novotna 1998. I haven't even started digging and trawling through footage this is all from memory. THAT'S MY POINT.