How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

1 24 14.72%
2 13 7.98%
3 23 14.11%
4 14 8.59%
5 18 11.04%
6 19 11.66%
7 13 7.98%
8 10 6.13%
9 0 0%
10+ 29 17.79%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:32 AM   #106
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

Well, I agree that it will all depend on whether she'll ever bother to straighten herself out and get fit. A fully motivated Kvitova can be one of the true greats of the decade. If not she'll still be a dangerous player capable of beating anyone when she's on on talent alone, but at the end of her career we'll look back and consider her an underachiever. The choice is hers.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:36 AM   #107
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

at the poll results.
Now all this hype is towards Vika, gotta love TF.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #108
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

2-4 IMO... Hoping for the more obviously.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM   #109
country flag Welcome1

Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all

Just voted for 5. Everyone knows how she can play tennis. Kvitova in a slump right now, but sooner or later she's gonna find her game and win another Slam.
Welcome1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #110
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

It's up to her really

If she works for it then I can't really imagine what she won't be able to get. She's got a great game. And I don't know why people are comparing her to Ivanovic? Petra actually has weapons, not just a nice forehand.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM   #111
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

this is one player who's very hard to predict......anything in the range of 2-6 would be a safe bet for now......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM   #112
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

i voted 6...but surprisingly,contrary to general opinion, now i think 8.somehow i think she is way too talented to let it go all wasted, she is bound to get her shit together.
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:08 PM   #113
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

I like Petra a lot, but even so, I am amazed at how many people think
that Petra will get her form back soon, even voting for her to win over 10 slams. Her slump has already taken far too long, I mean slump for a player supposed to win GS and be a contender for the number one spot. She may or she may not get it together again; itīs happened before to very talented players, and the longer it takes, the harder itīs going to be for her to get back to the place that she never should have left.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #114
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
that Petra will get her form back soon, even voting for her to win over 10 slams. Her slump has already taken far too long, I mean slump for a player supposed to win GS and be a contender for the number one spot. She may or she may not, never again; itīs happened before to very talented players, and the longer it takes, the harder itīs going to be for her to get back to the place that she never should have left.
Vast majority of the 10+ slam votes came from 2011 I'd have to imagine.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #115
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

This

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #116
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
It's up to her really

If she works for it then I can't really imagine what she won't be able to get. She's got a great game. And I don't know why people are comparing her to Ivanovic? Petra actually has weapons, not just a nice forehand.
Ana at her best had a bigger serve than Petra, not just forehand. Maybe not anymore .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM   #117
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that Petra will get her form back soon, even voting for her to win over 10 slams. Her slump has already taken far too long, I mean slump for a player supposed to win GS and be a contender for the number one spot. She may or she may not get it together again; itīs happened before to very talented players, and the longer it takes, the harder itīs going to be for her to get back to the place that she never should have left.
Petra is not the first or not the last talented player who slumped for few years after winning maiden slam to a point of no existence on the tour, this doesn't mean she won't start winning again, only question is with what number she will end up, Petra is still young unless she gets seriously injured or starts springing babies for Adam soon she will win at least few more
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM   #118
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra is not the first or not the last talented player who slumped for few years after winning maiden slam to a point of no existence on the tour, this doesn't mean she won't start winning again, only question is with what number she will end up, Petra is still young unless she gets seriously injured or starts springing babies for Adam soon she will win at least few more
..and just because their have been players who slumped after winning a maiden slam that went on to win many more doesn't mean that Petra will be the same.

Given her current form predicting that Kvitova will go on to win more slams is nothing more than unbridled optimism.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:27 PM   #119
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe. But it's worth remembering that it took Serena over two years after winning her first slam title before she won her second. She was younger than Petra now is for sure, but Petra's hardly a granny either.

You're right that it won't be easy for her, but in contrast to most of the wannabes on the tour, she already knows that she has the game to beat the best. Knowing that should make it easier for her to find the motivation.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM   #120
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Well, yes, in fact thatīs what I mean. She is not the fist and wonīt be the last, but some got it right again, but some never did, never. I am not saying that will be her case, but itīs not a sure thing at all. I really hope she gets right on track again soon, as I canīt forget those amazing 2011 performances, and I donīt want to believe that all that may be gone for ever.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote