Tennis Player's Worst NIGHTMARE? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #16
country flag dementapova

dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice dementapova is just really nice
Re: Tennis Player's Worst NIGHTMARE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanh Nguyen View Post
Put these circumstances in order from what you think would be a tennis player’s least to worst nightmare. Elaborate about your choices if you want to
a) Dropping and hence breaking the trophy during the awards ceremony
b) Accidently injuring a ball kid
c) Inability to speech English
d) Catching a cold prior to a Grandslam
e) Forgetting to shake hands at the end of a match
f) Getting media attention for the wrong reasons
g) Getting little sponsorship
h) Facing their ultimate rival in a Grandslam final
i) Getting booed by the crowd
j) Losing in the first round at a home tournament
k) Falling over on court in an embarrassing way
l) Getting a minor injury
From bad to worst:

Forgetting to shake hands at the end of a match
Catching a cold prior to a Grandslam
Getting a minor injury
Getting little sponsorship
Falling over on court in an embarrassing way
Dropping the trophy
Facing ultimate rival in a Grandslam
Losing in the first round at a home tournament
Inability to speek english
Getting booed by the crowd
Getting media attention for the wrong reasons
Injuring a ball kid
dementapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM   #17
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Having a coach like Piotr Wozniacki
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #18
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
I think it was in the US, possibly IW. Yeah, and other players would just drive by without stopping.
I have a great mental picture now of every other WTA player rolling by and flipping her off
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM   #19
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post

Having a coach like Piotr Wozniacki
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM   #20
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

I'll put them from least worst to worst:

12) Inability to speak English (a good portion of the tour)
11) Falling over in an embarrassing way
10) Minor injury (players have minor injuries all the time)
9) Dropping and hence breaking the trophy during the awards ceremony (it would suck, but doesn't take away from the fact you won the tournament)
8) Catching a cold prior to a grandslam (a cold mightn't matter too much, though a flu might)
7) Forgetting to shake hands at the end of a match (could be laughed off if was genuine forgetfulness)
6) Getting media attention for the wrong reasons (this happens quite a lot, but ideally you'd be so focused during a match you'd forget)
5) Facing your ultimate rival in a grand slam final (that would suck, especially if you had little chance to make another slam final)
4) Losing first round of a home tournament (this happens an awful lot, but it would suck )
3) Getting little sponsorship (I bet this would actually impact a lower-rank's career potentially)
2) Getting booed by the crowd (would be an awful feeling)
1) Accidentally injuring a ballkid

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM   #21
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

To get injured by stepping on a tennis ball when you are warming up (just like Tommy Haas).

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM   #22
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Period coming during on court play.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM   #23
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Needing to rely on a helicopter to reach an outside court
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM   #24
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Having woman's problem on day of big final
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM   #25
country flag Hanh Nguyen

Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
To get injured by stepping on a tennis ball when you are warming up (just like Tommy Haas).
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM   #26
country flag Hanh Nguyen

Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice

To shank the ball an excess amount of times
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM   #27
country flag John.
On a Timebomb!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Reading whats written about them on this site
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM   #28
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Period coming during on court play.
During Wimbledon.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM   #29
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to say worst nightmare would totally be what happened to Mary Pierce (I'd say Monica too, but her incident was kind of a once-in-a-millenium thing, while Mary's could happen even if you just landed the wrong way )

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:51 PM   #30
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

Having to share a hotel room with Justine

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
____ VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB ____
Mike_T is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote